What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Right, but let’s not pretend the anonymous YouTubers and Tweeters are the only ones being cast aside as non-credible. People are laughing at Dennis Dodd because he used to live in Kansas or some such ****, but pumping Wilner and Canzano as credible.

The Athletic is now reporting CU in talks with the B12. ESPN’s second CFB headline is Big12 is talking expansion. Wilner is now talking about how CU does matter and will be easily replaced. It’s far more than smoke and we still have people claiming it’s all just broken clocks and what not.
Sure, I think the likelihood of leaving the PAC was very low initially. i think the odds have flipped completely the other direction. I think Dodd has pretty good info of where negotiations stand.

When ESPN and FOX want your league dead, you are probably going to die.

Person A:
The wolves are coming! I really want them to come!

Person B: They didn't come. I guess they still could, but why are you certain? WTF?

A: Wolves are coming for sure this time, right now!
B: Still no wolves. WTF is wrong with you?

A: Wolves are coming by the end of the week because these two people who want the wolves to come on the radio said so 3 hours into a 5 hour broadcast. Here's the video! WATCH THE LINK!!
B: Are you OK?

A: Wolves are coming NEXT week because this guy on twitter who works for the company who wants to televise the wolves coming said so.
B: Yea, he's said that 3 times and been wrong each time. Please stop.

Media story comes out: Yea, the wolves and the townspeople have been talking and the towns people say they may invite the wolves if their other option doesn't work out.

A: Im sure this time. The radio guys said it again, this time on hour 2! And it is happening THIS WEEK!
B: It didn't happen this week. Again. You are an idiot.

Defeated: These people are the same.

Come on man. If we were going to the B12 for sure, we'd already be there. Same for the Pac, if we were staying we'd have said so. Negotiations are ongoing with all parties and what happens will happen when the negotiations end. It's the certainty that's hilarious and stupid, not the prediction.
Spot on. ITB‘s posting of every random tweet and YouTube video and weekly assurances that THIS IS THE WEEK are beyond parody at this point.

(But the word is “yeah“, not “yea”.)

Person A:
The wolves are coming! I really want them to come!

Person B: They didn't come. I guess they still could, but why are you certain? WTF?

A: Wolves are coming for sure this time, right now!
B: Still no wolves. WTF is wrong with you?

A: Wolves are coming by the end of the week because these two people who want the wolves to come on the radio said so 3 hours into a 5 hour broadcast. Here's the video! WATCH THE LINK!!
B: Are you OK?

A: Wolves are coming NEXT week because this guy on twitter who works for the company who wants to televise the wolves coming said so.
B: Yea, he's said that 3 times and been wrong each time. Please stop.

Media story comes out: Yea, the wolves and the townspeople have been talking and the towns people say they may invite the wolves if their other option doesn't work out.

A: Im sure this time. The radio guys said it again, this time on hour 2! And it is happening THIS WEEK!
B: It didn't happen this week. Again. You are an idiot.

Defeated: These people are the same.

Come on man. If we were going to the B12 for sure, we'd already be there. Same for the Pac, if we were staying we'd have said so. Negotiations are ongoing with all parties and what happens will happen when the negotiations end. It's the certainty that's hilarious and stupid, not the prediction.
Fair on the certainty. It just feels inevitable to me, so while ITB’s incessant posting can be annoying, I no longer find the content laughable.

Fair on the certainty. It just feels inevitable to me, so while ITB’s incessant posting can be annoying, I no longer find the content laughable.
This doesn't explain why you went out of your way to validate the stupid. If we go to the B12, the idiots will beat their chests, not realizing they were still stupid and just got lucky. What happens, happens. Only ****ty options remain. Liking either one a lot is also stupid.

This doesn't explain why you went out of your way to validate the stupid. If we go to the B12, the idiots will beat their chests, not realizing they were still stupid and just got lucky. What happens, happens. Only ****ty options remain. Liking either one a lot is also stupid.
I’m not validating their stupid. I’m just wondering why you continue to laugh (I know you’re laughing at more than just ITB’s certainty). I’m also saying that it might not be just dumb luck. Just because Bruce Feldman hasn’t taken things he’s heard to the public, doesn’t mean people with less journalistic integrity haven’t heard something from good sources.

I’m not validating their stupid. I’m just wondering why you continue to laugh (I know you’re laughing at more than just ITB’s certainty). I’m also saying that it might not be just dumb luck. Just because Bruce Feldman hasn’t taken things he’s heard to the public, doesn’t mean people with less journalistic integrity haven’t heard something from good sources.
That's true, I am laughing at more than ITB's certainty. Also, stating you are not doing something when you just did it is, well, an interesting tactic.

Right, but let’s not pretend the anonymous YouTubers and Tweeters are the only ones being cast aside as non-credible. People are laughing at Dennis Dodd because he used to live in Kansas or some such ****, but pumping Wilner and Canzano as credible.

Dodds gets laughed at because he is clearly a tool for the Big12 propaganda machine and because on multuple occasions he states that the 4-corner schools get the Big12 into the Pacific Time Zone.

Wilner and Cazano get laughed at because they are clearly tools for the Pac-12 propaganda machine.

Canzano gets some credit because on occasion he has publicly called out Scheer on being the buffoon that he is.

ITB and his ilk get laughed at becasue they are basically local distributors of the propaganda machine on a daily basis.

That's true, I am laughing at more than ITB's certainty. Also, stating you are not doing something when you just did it is, well, an interesting tactic.
I couldn’t care less about the timeline or being certain. Im not validating that I’m just pointing out that these “sources” are trending toward being right and you continuing to laugh has a major head in the sand vibe to it

Dodds gets laughed at because he is clearly a tool for the Big12 propaganda machine and because on multuple occasions he states that the 4-corner schools get the Big12 into the Pacific Time Zone.

Wilner and Cazano get laughed at because they are clearly tools for the Pac-12 propaganda machine.

Canzano gets some credit because on occasion he has publicly called out Scheer on being the buffoon that he is.

IBT and his ilk get laughed at becasue they are basically local distributors of the propaganda machine on a daily basis.
I’ve never understood how a guy who works for CBS is a B12 propaganda tool

Looking forward to more breathless and confident predictions that next week is the week
THE STORM IS COMING!!!!

I’m just waiting for your continued snark toward ITB when CU does, in fact, go to the Big 12.
I can only speak for myself, but I will continue to mock ITB and any other 12anon'ers for any and every thing when CU goes to the Big 12.

i speculate that most of us couldn't name all the teams in the b12 without a cheat sheet.

good.****ing.times.

i mean, hell, half of us got ucf confused with usf...

also does this mean CU will be adding a general studies major along with hospitality and restaurant services degrees? is tailgating even legal at byu? good lord, what is happening here.

i speculate that most of us couldn't name all the teams in the b12 without a cheat sheet.

good.****ing.times.

i mean, hell, half of us got ucf confused with usf...

also does this mean CU will be adding a general studies major along with hospitality and restaurant services degrees? is tailgating even legal at byu? good lord, what is happening here.
USF is the team that gave us Leavitt.

UCF gave us outer space.

FcQDTjPWQAISDTy.jpg

What I don't get about Wilner is that he was consistently very critical of the Pac12 and LS for so long and now he's suddenly turned into a Pac12 cheerleader. Doesn't make sense. Plus the schools he covers mostly (Cal, Stanford) are still going to be there regardless of what conference they're in.

here is possibly helpful primer on our potential future conference mates:

the sad leftovers of the big 8: CU, ku, isu, okie st. and kjuco st (5)

the handmaid's zealot contingent: byu, bailer, tcu (3)

the glorified commuter schools: ucf, cinn, and uh (3)

the official worst university in the conference: west virginia (there can be only 1).

and a random texas leftover: tech (1)

plus whatever other poor school gets dragged off to the island of misfit toys with us.

gross.

What I don't get about Wilner is that he was consistently very critical of the Pac12 and LS for so long and now he's suddenly turned into a Pac12 cheerleader. Doesn't make sense. Plus the schools he covers mostly (Cal, Stanford) are still going to be there regardless of what conference they're in.
My read is that during normal times he will comment as he wants with good sourcing- until the Bay area schools who give him great sources need something said. It's a win-win. He get's inside sourced info and they get an "independent" voice to occasionally push out what they want.

When league could possibly be in trouble it's predictable what messages the Bay area duo want carried. Since Cal is unlikely to get the Big Ten and wants the PAC to thrive- he's very pro-PAC in his writing. Stanford probably prefers the PAC right now unless the Big Ten was to hotly pursue them which while better odds than Cal... is still not a given.

The Athletic is now reporting CU in talks with the B12. ESPN’s second CFB headline is Big12 is talking expansion. Wilner is now talking about how CU does matter and will be easily replaced. It’s far more than smoke and we still have people claiming it’s all just broken clocks and what not.
I was surprised the ESPN article you referenced didn’t mention Colorado. It mentioned B12 wants to expand w/ Gonzaga and UConn. Still smoke but not from that article.

here is possibly helpful primer on our potential future conference mates:

the sad leftovers of the big 8: CU, ku, isu, okie st. and kjuco st (5)

the handmaid's zealot contingent: byu, bailer, tcu (3)

the glorified commuter schools: ucf, cinn, and uh (3)

the official worst university in the conference: west virginia (there can be only 1).

and a random texas leftover: tech (1)

plus whatever other poor school gets dragged off to the island of misfit toys with us.

gross.
Another way to look at it. How to rank each B12 team by state. It looks like this.

#3-6 in Texas
#1-2 in Kansas
#2 in Oklahoma
#2 in Iowa
#2 in Utah
#2 in Ohio
#4 in Florida
#1 West Virginia

So it’s the best of Kansas and WV, then runners up and leftovers in other states. Other P5s have mostly #1s.

I don’t believe for a second we haven’t seen numbers. When they say “we need to see the deal” I believe they mean a deal they’re willing to sign or the networks final offer. It’s been a year. We’re either unhappy with the dollars or the exposure. Or both. I don’t believe it’s frustration of being strung along w/o an idea of how this is trending. It’s been way too long to believe that.

This whole thing reminds of guys who proclaim victory with absolute certainty when their team goes up 10-0 halfway through the first quarter. If that team does go on to win, it doesn’t mean that guy was right back in the 1st quarter.

Back