What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

here is possibly helpful primer on our potential future conference mates:

the sad leftovers of the big 8: CU, ku, isu, okie st. and kjuco st (5)

the handmaid's zealot contingent: byu, bailer, tcu (3)

the glorified commuter schools: ucf, cinn, and uh (3)

the official worst university in the conference: west virginia (there can be only 1).

and a random texas leftover: tech (1)

plus whatever other poor school gets dragged off to the island of misfit toys with us.

gross.
That was fun!

Now do the PAC without USC and UCLA and with San Diego State and SMU?

(I have been to almost all those places and have a degree from UW)

Looking for the drinking milk meme to be making another showing here soon

After the Nubs, i probably disliked KU the most and then KSU.

I enjoyed CU’s final MBB season in the B12 especially the part where CU swept KSU in three games. Think those KSU fans are still sour about that.

THE STORM IS COMING!!!!

I can only speak for myself, but I will continue to mock ITB and any other 12anon'ers for any and every thing when CU goes to the Big 12.
Why? Because you didn't get your way?
I'm already on record that I'd be OK with CU staying if the $ was right and their games aren't stuck on Apple or more than 50% streaming.

After the Nubs, i probably disliked KU the most and then KSU.

I enjoyed CU’s final MBB season in the B12 especially the part where CU swept KSU in three games. Think those KSU fans are still sour about that.
This article sums up how I see things.

What are total Pac 12 distributions looking like?
Stop Motion Money GIF by PES

This article sums up how I see things.

That was the argument I was making earlier about CU staying in the P12. Some people say there’s an easier road in the B12. The Big 12 has quite a few schools who have had double digit wins within the last decade. Basketball is going to be fiercer than what is in the P12. Will CU rise up to that level?

I might have the appearance that I favor the B12 over the P12 and that is incorrect. A move to the B12 is a gamble because there is no guarantee MBB continues at the level of success we are used to under Tad Boyle. I still remember 2008 being bad for both basketball teams as both finished dead last in the B12. That was before CU added the basketball/volleyball training facility.

The B12 might not have the heavyweights such as OU & UT in football so there’s a chance to make a name for ourselves in that sport. CU at its best is when football is doing well.

That was fun!

Now do the PAC without USC and UCLA and with San Diego State and SMU?

(I have been to almost all those places and have a degree from UW)
i have been to all of the old big 8 towns along with all of the p12 and most of what used to be the big 12 when big meant big schools not total number of schools.

i had some good times at all. my primary gripe is that this new b12 doesn't contain enough peer schools. i mean, when kjuco state is NOT the worst academic institution in a conference you have to pause for a moment to consider the company you are keeping.

ku has been a passenger on the realignment train, but never the driver and never given the choice of different tracks.

The importance of the interview is that Howell has actually 'cracked' a bit. This really is one of the first times he seems to be 'giving in' to the idea that going to the Big12 might actually happen.
Howell is cracking because CU is, dude. Everybody can see that. I think the Pac really needs something they can present to membership by media day.

Right, but let’s not pretend the anonymous YouTubers and Tweeters are the only ones being cast aside as non-credible. People are laughing at Dennis Dodd because he used to live in Kansas or some such ****, but pumping Wilner and Canzano as credible.

The Athletic is now reporting CU in talks with the B12. ESPN’s second CFB headline is Big12 is talking expansion. Wilner is now talking about how CU does matter and will be easily replaced. It’s far more than smoke and we still have people claiming it’s all just broken clocks and what not.

I feel like you’re leaving out some context here. The ESPN article does not mention Colorado and says expansion beyond UCONN and Gonzaga is dependent on knowing the details of the PAC media deal. The Athletic article specifically on Colorado says the same thing, no decision until the final PAC media deal is known.

The natives got so restless here they crafted a narrative where CU must make their decision this week based on a BIG12 conference meeting where they didn’t vote on expansion and some deadline for SDSU, a school that now everyone is laughing at being compared to CU and could be added to either conference regardless of our decision.

I feel like you’re leaving out some context here. The ESPN article does not mention Colorado and says expansion beyond UCONN and Gonzaga is dependent on knowing the details of the PAC media deal. The Athletic article specifically on Colorado says the same thing, no decision until the final PAC media deal is known.

The natives got so restless here they crafted a narrative where CU must make their decision this week based on a BIG12 conference meeting where they didn’t vote on expansion and some deadline for SDSU, a school that now everyone is laughing at being compared to CU and could be added to either conference regardless of our decision.
The urgency or “this week” timeline isnt really what I care about or my point at all. It’s just blatantly obvious that there is more than just made up rumors and speculation around CU to the Big 12. They will obviously wait for the P12 media deal numbers.

Or, if you believe @buffaholic and his source, the urgency and “this week” timeline narrative was effectively accurate and CU is done deal to the Big 12

A reminder….

The media partners​

Our best advice with regard to every aspect of the Pac-12 media rights negotiations is the following: Only an extremely tight circle of people know the details.

The Hotline has been tracking the situation closely for eight months, and we can merely take an educated guess at the outcome.

A reminder….

The media partners

Our best advice with regard to every aspect of the Pac-12 media rights negotiations is the following: Only an extremely tight circle of people know the details.

The Hotline has been tracking the situation closely for eight months, and we can merely take an educated guess at the outcome.

A reminder.

As a result, our Pac-12 survival odds have changed for the first time in months, ticking down to five points.

And they will continue to decrease by a half-point every week that comes and goes without a deal.

This was from March 1st.
Today is June 4th. So according to Winer we now sit at survival odds in favor of the PAC dying.

I'm not sure I go that far.
I believe if 2, 4 or 6 schools leave
the PAC raids the MWC and
becomes a shell of itself.

Last edited:
I thought this little nugget was interesting….

Why is Washington stuck on a sinking ship?

Because, where else would it go?

The Big Ten — which will welcome USC and UCLA in 2024 — has its own internal problems, as ESPN reported this past week that its celebrated $7 billion media deal (a figure that appears increasingly inaccurate) was never actually finished. 👀 New commissioner Tony Petitti, who took over for Kevin Warren this month, is currently attempting to salvage the deal while also satisfying Fox, NBC and its member schools.

A reminder.

As a result, our Pac-12 survival odds have changed for the first time in months, ticking down to five points.

And they will continue to decrease by a half-point every week that comes and goes without a deal.

This was from March 1st.
Today is June 4th. So according to Winer we now sit at survival odds in favor of the PAC dying.

I'm not sure I go that far.
I believe if 2, 4 or 6 schools leave
the PAC takes raids the MWC and
becomes a shell of itself.
Youre quite the negative nelly. 😂

The conference survives if only 2 leave. Cal and Stanford wont leave. Sounds like UW feels that way too. Oregon could leave but their options arent any better then UWs since the B1G isn’t offering.

There is not enough smoke from the doom to suggest a deal isnt in the works. If there was CU & others would already be in the B12 by now. And the B12 has taken her panties off to indicate shes ready for us. That tells me that there were close to *something* that has enough meat on it to keep CU from jumping.

Youre quite the negative nelly. 😂

The conference survives if only 2 leave. Cal and Stanford wont leave. Sounds like UW feels that way too. Oregon could leave but their options arent any better then UWs since the B1G isn’t offering.

There is not enough smoke from the doom to suggest a deal isnt in the works. If there was CU & others would already be in the B12 by now. And the B12 has taken her panties off to indicate shes ready for us. That tells me that there were close to *something* that has enough meat on it to keep CU from jumping.
I'm using Wilner's words against him showing that this has gone on longer than it should have.

Didn't you see my last paragraph?
I predict that the PAC remains in some sort of fashion even if 2, 4, or 6 schools leave.

Last edited:
I'm using Wilner's words against him showing that this has gone on longer than it should have.

Didn't you see my last paragraph?
I predict that the PAC remains in some sort of fashion even if 2, 4, or 6 schools leave.
I did. But he said it was an educated guess.

The people sitting around the table have no incentive to talk to the media until the ink is dry. Its counterproductive to do so in negotiations and a sign of bad faith. You leak because you want to influence the negotiations in your behavior. Things have been pretty lipped truth be told.

Speaking of the ink not being dry I got a chuckle from this from B1G land…..

"These deals aren't done, and they aren't what they were represented to be from the standpoint of the NBC deal and the availability of all members to participate in November games in primetime," said an industry source.

Multiple sources told ESPN there's been pushback from a number of schools, including Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State, to play those late-November night games under the new contract. That leaves Petitti to figure out how to uphold a deal for hundreds of millions of dollars for primetime games without cooperation from some of the league's marquee teams for part of the regular season's most important month.

Athletic departments and coaches around the Big Ten say they were surprised November night games would be part of the deal.

"NBC was surprised, and I was surprised," said Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel. "We had not discussed, and I had not discussed with anyone in the league to change the tolerances we had agreed upon years ago."

Within the industry, though, there was an expectation that, considering the scope of the deal, all schools would play in prime time.

For those of us that have lived in Michigan its cold enough in the daytime in November to endure games. To play at night weekly is pretty silly if you want fans to attend.

And Speaking of having to give back/have less monies…..

Recently, schools have found out:

• They are going to have to pay back nearly $40 million to Fox because, according to sources, Warren delivered NBC the Big Ten football title game in 2026 without the full authority to do so. This all has unfolded under the complicated backdrop of the Big Ten conference not actually controlling the rights to the inventory of this latest deal -- the Big Ten Network does, which is majority owned by Fox. (More on that below.)
  • They are going to have to pay $25 million total for a deal to pay Fox back for lost 2020 football game inventory. This came after an arrangement between Fox and the conference that was unable to muster the lost revenue from the COVID-19 season.
  • There's tens of millions of dollars of value of the NBC primetime deal in flux, as Petitti has been racing to ensure it keeps as much of its original value as possible. Historically in the Big Ten, after the first weekend in November, schools were not required to play night games for myriad reasons -- health, recovery and campus logistics among them. These were known in league circles as "tolerances," and prior television contracts accounted for them.

Could the uncertainty be an issue for the P12 rights? Is someone whispering that if NBC doesnt get what it wants it will lead to something for us?

Last edited:
Let’s divide up all the big schools into slave and non-slave states (with a few exceptions) and be done with this modern day manefestation of the Abraham Lincoln and the North vs Robert E Lee and the South.

IMG_4744.jpeg

You can look at this article as glass half full or empty. Colorado would have the chance to build and dominate under Prime if you are optimistic and be in the playoffs.

The author forgets CU won a National Championship so Colorado has that going for them which is nice.

You can look at this article as glass half full or empty. Colorado would have the chance to build and dominate under Prime if you are optimistic and be in the playoffs.

The author forgets CU won a National Championship so Colorado has that going for them which is nice.
There is a convenient charade by WVU to all of a sudden pretend to love the B12. They’ve long complained about the B12 and want out to the ACC. Their need for more members is bc misery loves company.

Back