What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Interesting...
high quality GIF

Then you have this guy. Hard to believe anything at the moment. Except for the Monty show, Greg Swaim, MVher3, a Baylor podcast and writers based in Kansas (obviously).

Ive been thinking to myself that Apples WWDC is next week as this things keeps dragging on and on. Thats typically around the time when they roll out new stuff.

For the haters and insecure please note that the content deals seem to have been announced in the week after the hardware (next week). So this glorious thread could continue…

Apple is very good at keeping things hyper secret until they make announcement. Apple has deep pockets too so I wouldnt be unhappy to have the conference partner with them at all. Streaming is the future for TV consumption and I think Apple knows they need a portfolio of offerings to attract new viewers, not just one or two sports.

This zoom called could be talking points and press release timing. Or it could just be a coincidence.

Last edited:
I’ve heard we will announce at the Apple conference but the question is if Prime appears as a hologram on stage or you put on a VR headset and he tells you he ain’t hard to find.
Hope you are joking.
Kids love them some bling and between the F-650 and the Mercedes for his kid I would bet Coach Prime would be all over appearing at the WWDC if he thought it would help him on the social media recruiting front.

Last edited:

Wilner's comments are telling.
What a tool.

So, SDSU would simply replace CU, plus USC/UCLA? Seems like a lot to ask of a lower tier school of dubious athletic and academic value that has rarely been broadcast nationally (this year's MBB success notwithstanding). Wilner seems to be kidding himself. UW/UO/Cal/Stanford/SDSU/UH/Fresno/UNLV is not a very interesting league. Maybe they get AZs/UU to stay, but if not I think it kills the Pac. If the Buffs are set on moving, I think AZs and UU move too. So Wilner, the CU decision seems to be more important than you let on. I could see Cal and Stanford dropping football as there doesn't seem to be much fan interest and perhaps not wanting to be associated with new the lower academic peers. Stanford doesn't need the $, Cal can collect the UCLA B1G $ to fund their other sports, which seem to have more enthusiasm than football. So Buffs would appear to be domino #2 after UCLA/USC in the killing of the Pac. Really a shame. MBG here I come!

I don’t know why people hate this thread. Between 12Anon and the “PAC 12 will never die!” folks, this is great.

I’m currently at Urban Air letting the kids burn massive amounts of energy so they sleep tonight and saw a family wearing Baylor gear. So I told them “**** off. Go Buffs! And tell your friends”.

Fitting that we might be close to going to the Big 12 since we are less than 500 posts away from 12k posts.

I Got It No GIF by Singha

Ive been thinking to myself that Apples WWDC is next week as this things keeps dragging on and on. Thats typically around the time when they roll out new stuff.

For the haters and insecure please note that the content deals seem to have been announced in the week after the hardware (next week). So this glorious thread could continue…

Apple is very good at keeping things hyper secret until they make announcement. Apple has deep pockets too so I wouldnt be unhappy to have the conference partner with them at all. Streaming is the future for TV consumption and I think Apple knows they need a portfolio of offerings to attract new viewers, not just one or two sports.

This zoom called could be talking points and press release timing. Or it could just be a coincidence.

But how do you define streaming?

I don’t know why people hate this thread. Between 12Anon and the “PAC 12 will never die!” folks, this is great.

I’m currently at Urban Air letting the kids burn massive amounts of energy so they sleep tonight and saw a family wearing Baylor gear. So I told them “**** off. Go Buffs! And tell your friends”.
If you removed all the posts complaining about this thread there would only be about 3 pages left over.

So, SDSU would simply replace CU, plus USC/UCLA? Seems like a lot to ask of a lower tier school of dubious athletic and academic value that has rarely been broadcast nationally (this year's MBB success notwithstanding). Wilner seems to be kidding himself. UW/UO/Cal/Stanford/SDSU/UH/Fresno/UNLV is not a very interesting league. Maybe they get AZs/UU to stay, but if not I think it kills the Pac. If the Buffs are set on moving, I think AZs and UU move too. So Wilner, the CU decision seems to be more important than you let on. I could see Cal and Stanford dropping football as there doesn't seem to be much fan interest and perhaps not wanting to be associated with new the lower academic peers. Stanford doesn't need the $, Cal can collect the UCLA B1G $ to fund their other sports, which seem to have more enthusiasm than football. So Buffs would appear to be domino #2 after UCLA/USC in the killing of the Pac. Really a shame. MBG here I come!
CU is one of the top three helmet brands remaining in the PAC. So from a broadcast on-air value it’s a downgrade replacing with either or both of SDSU or CSU.

However the bigger damage might potentially be on the network side. Without any leverage in Denver (or at best significantly weakened leverage replacing with CSU) that limits what rate existing cable providers will charge subscribers for P12 Network in the Denver DMA. That’s a good chunk of change for a struggling network with limited distribution. CU’s pull in Denver’s cable Market dwarfs CSU and Denver’s market size and CU’s pull in that market dwarf San Diego and the amount of pull the Aztecs have there.

Even with a one school swap I don’t see it being anything but painful and there’s a good chance you lose the Zona twins if CU bolts which more than doubles the pain.

The PAC12 taking CSU is immediately becoming a G5 league and there would be an actual reduction in TV contract value.
The moment CU and UA leave, the deal is not valid

Back