What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I was thinking about what it was like to drive to Big 12 locations and - serendipity - this appeared in my timeline:

wait, cracker barrel is a real place? i thought it was some kind of metaphor for midwest fine dining or something.

holy ****.

now i am going to have to seek one out. they aren't like that crazy chicken place that is closed on sundays, are they?

what other fabulous mysteries will our journey through the truck stop 12 reveal? is the world's largest ball of yarn real too?

wait, cracker barrel is a real place? i thought it was some kind of metaphor for midwest fine dining or something.

holy ****.

now i am going to have to seek one out. they aren't like that crazy chicken place that is closed on sundays, are they?

what other fabulous mysteries will our journey through the truck stop 12 reveal? is the world's largest ball of yarn real too?
There is one in Northglenn on 120th. Next time you’re in town you can get racism, sexism, homophobia and a side of grits!

Well that Buc-ee's near Johnstown is going to open next year...in time for a return to the Big 12? Maybe!

Also an interesting fact relating to CW and ION:

holy ****.

Season 9 Hbo GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

You know what’s sad? I’ve done that damn drive through Kansas so many times I know exactly where some of those billboards are.
I actually thought that tweet sold them short. Glaring omission was a "Guns n Ammo" billboard.

holy ****.

Cracker Barrel is a fantastic establishment, you heathen.

At least there is variety. I-90 in South Dakota is just Wall Drug billboards.
There’s a lot of “Wheat Field Jesus” signs too that I feel the tweet was missing. Just a drawing of Jesus in a wheat field.

I have a Gary Barnett autographed "2001 Big 12 Champions" ball.
A little 'Twilight Zone' kind of vibe. That will be 2 leagues ago.

In 7 years, GB won 5 N Div titles, 1 championship. I really liked him. He did have a bit of Yogi Berra to him - he could just say things wrong.

In 7 years, GB won 5 N Div titles, 1 championship. I really liked him. He did have a bit of Yogi Berra to him - he could just say things wrong.
and came within a tiny few percentage points of putting the Buffs in the big game.

It is funny all those things you are saying about the B12 are the same things you could say about the SEC . . . or even worse but you'd take an invite from them instantly. LOL And get past Goodland heading to Denver the signs are the same.
the sec is a target rich environment but a collection of academic powerhouses compared to the b12.

but, yeah, that won't stop me cracking wise. wherever we go, there we are!

the sec is a target rich environment but a collection of academic powerhouses compared to the b12.

but, yeah, that won't stop me cracking wise. wherever we go, there we are!
Not even close LOL You really need to start trying to tell the truth.

Not even close LOL You really need to start trying to tell the truth.
why would i do that?

and i am only half-kidding.

the sec will boast texas, atm, uga, vandy, and florida, among others.

this big 12 counters with kansas. and... and... and...

hey look at it this way: if we do end up in the b12 it is going to be a hoot. enjoy the moment, wherever you are...

I have a Gary Barnett autographed copy of "High Hopes - Taking The Purple To Pasadena"

PXL_20230715_221741113.jpg

Signed in June 2004 during the "scandal" period...

Dude was railroaded and it was the start of our historic downfall.

Let's get back to ****ing normalcy again.

Back