What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

It is funny all those things you are saying about the B12 are the same things you could say about the SEC . . . or even worse but you'd take an invite from them instantly. LOL And get past Goodland heading to Denver the signs are the same.

View attachment 62208
Those places exist to feed Nebraskans, Texans and other flatlanders on their way to the mountains. For Nebraskans specifically, the mountain Mecca of Estes Park.

As far as major streaming brands, this is what we will most likely end up with:

Hulu (Disney, ESPN, ABC, Marvel, 20th Century Fox)
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Paramount (CBS, Showtime, MTV, Nickelodeon, BET, Comedy Central)
Peacock (NBC Comcast, MSNBC, USA, DreamWorks, Bravo, E!, Telemundo)
Max (HBO, CNN, Discovery, DC Comics)
Apple+ (with MLS)
Alphabet (Google, You Tube TV, really not much of a content provider at this point)

There are more minor players like Lionsgate (film catalogue and Starz) and News Corp (Fox News, Big Ten) that have not delved into streaming much. I think the above eight companies are essentially the big media players that will dominate streaming content.

Sling, Fubo, cable companies, Roku, Direct TV are all just aggregators of other company content. In a direct to consumer world, I don’t see where they survive.

in the end, I think people will have to spend a lot if they want all sports, or just pay the streamer that holds the rights to your team/league or sport.

Hulu is one of the flagship streaming brands, of which Disney already owns a 67% stake. The remaining 33% stake is owned by Comcast, which itself wanted to buy out Disney at one time. The number of Hulu subscribers isn’t as big as Netflix, but it’s sitting at a solid #3 position with room to grow. Comcast is a competitor with its Peacock brand and Disney I’m sure wants them out of the ownership group. Hard to plan strategy when you already have a Fox in your hen house.

Disney has an agreed upon purchase option for Comcast’s stake, exercisable at the beginning of 2024. The buy out will happen.
Fox used to be a partner.

1689542381932.jpeg

Hulu was originally jointly owned streaming venture where the broad cast TV people could put their old episodes and some other stuff. Everyone is now making their own apps so Im not sure why Bob wants it.

Fox used to be a partner.

View attachment 62221

Hulu was originally jointly owned streaming venture where the broad cast TV people could put their old episodes and some other stuff. Everyone is now making their own apps so Im not sure why Bob wants it.
Im not sure what contractual rights to content Hulu holds and the brand has value for subscriber base and intangible assets, but is it worth it to pay $12 billion to Comcast for their 1/3rd share? I dunno. But that’s the reason why Disney wants it.

Brock and Salk from Friday. First 10 all about this. He said two things-One, FOX has no interest whatsoever. He works for them, so I'd be more willing to take that to the bank than I would Wilner saying "Maybe FOX gets involved via a small package of games they buy from Apple".

Flugar has been saying FOX and ESPN are both out. Months ago Dodd reported that as well.
Believe it or not....
Should know soon.

Brock and Salk from Friday. First 10 all about this. He said two things-One, FOX has no interest whatsoever. He works for them, so I'd be more willing to take that to the bank than I would Wilner saying "Maybe FOX gets involved via a small package of games they buy from Apple".

And?

I thought the "trust has been broken" take was interesting.

there used to be a perkins that was 24 hours. it was always filled up with college kids. the after bar scene was fierce.
I was perpetually convinced that at least one of the after hours Perkins waitresses was hot.

Edit: holy ****. After typing that and hitting "post reply," my brain somehow surfaced her name from the mists of time and alcohol, well probably not her name, but at least what was on her name tag: "Belinda."

I’ve been saying this for months

Fred 2 is Flugar, Flugar is Fred 2!

DifferentLiveIriomotecat-size_restricted.gif

Back