What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Every time I open the Apple TV interface now I have to look at Lionel Messi. WOuld be cool to have that treatment for Pac-12 schools and Deion Sanders. Feels like good exposure but I don't know ****
Messi suggests that some Apple doubters should check the bottom line.
really! Get off the drugs dude. It’s a small market share and the pac is probably a smaller market share for the rest of the country. Outside of Seattle, Eugene and maybe boulder at this time no one give two sh*** about the pac. You really think someone in ft worth is gonna pay extra, plus have to get apple tv, to watch a late night pac game? You and your ilk are delusional.

I guess I'm confused as to why I would give any ****s if anyone other than me can watch the CU games if:
1. It's convenient and easy for me to watch CU games
2. CU gets paid the maximum amount
3. CU has a path to the Playoff

Whatever conference achieves that is my favorite for CU

I guess I'm confused as to why I would give any ****s if anyone other than me can watch the CU games if:

1. Ok
2. That’s kind of the entire discussion here
3. Part of the discussion is the idea that the path to the CFP for non-P2 schools is going to get tougher and tougher.

So yeah, that’s why conference affiliation matters

i seriously think i have cracked the code. red state b12 lovers are android people. the correlation appears rock ****ing solid.

i bet we could break it down further demographically and i think it would shake out along very rigid lines.

dude! i wonder how long apple has known all of this user data ****???? and google too.

it all makes so much sense in my delirium.

Dress Up Doc Brown GIF by Nickelodeon

Exposure, applications, recruiting, being part of the national discussion, ratings, relevancy, watching at a bar….

Exposure, applications, recruiting, being part of the national discussion, ratings, relevancy, watching at a bar….
this will all happen even if streamed.

i have watched CU games at watch parties at bars for decades via multiple source feeds, legal, gray area, and pirate. if a bar is hosting a watch party, it will have the game on.

you use an android phone, don't you?

i have watched CU games at watch parties at bars for decades via multiple source feeds, legal, gray area, and pirate. if a bar is hosting a watch party, it will have the game on.

You’re in California. Try walking into bars in the Midwest, East Coast , or Texas and asking them to fire up their Apple account so you can livestream you some Buffs!

And it’s not exactly driving your point home that in order to watch the Buffs in the past you needed people to pirate the games.

i seriously think i have cracked the code. red state b12 lovers are android people. the correlation appears rock ****ing solid.

i bet we could break it down further demographically and i think it would shake out along very rigid lines.

dude! i wonder how long apple has known all of this user data ****???? and google too.

Well, you're wrong.

I'm 100% android, and 100% anti-truckstop 12, and 100% whoever gives us the most money - I'll pay for an appletv sub if that's what it takes (but still not going to buy their hardware).

Apple sucks and iphones are for gen z and younger kids that are into making fun of people for green bubbles. Oh. And boomers.

we aren't going to the b12 for less money. full stop.

everything else is just noise.

every sports show on every network will show highlights of ranked teams just like they do now. every talk show will talk about ranked teams regardless of how they are delivered to consumers. look at the attention on Coach Prime now and we haven't been consistently good in 20 years. if we are all or mostly digital it means the money was right.

Bugs Bunny Apple GIF

are some of you saying my brilliant research and field work correlating android users with mouth breathers is wrong?????

how could that possibly be so?

perhaps some of you are the edge cases your head research analyst warned you not to worry about.

Dancing With The Stars GIF

are some of you saying my brilliant research and field work correlating android users with mouth breathers is wrong?????

how could that possibly be so?

perhaps some of you are the edge cases your head research analyst warned you not to worry about.

Dancing With The Stars GIF
I think you should do a little research on the symptoms of wet brain.

You’re in California. Try walking into bars in the Midwest, East Coast , or Texas and asking them to fire up their Apple account so you can livestream you some Buffs!

And it’s not exactly driving your point home that in order to watch the Buffs in the past you needed people to pirate the games.
i have watched CU games at watch parties at bars all over the country. you just have to go to the right bar--- if i wander in off the street in some random ft worth bar while tcu is on and maybe some other texassss schools, i am not going to be surprised if they won't get the game on for me. but, even in similar circumstances to the above, a good tip and a reasonable ask usually work magic everywhere. even texas.

i went to a huge watch party in manhattan years back. there were CU alums everywhere. i pregamed with some dude who was there to watch to stony brook play some other lower level team that i had never heard of and even they had a watch party. much smaller.

i have watched CU games at watch parties at bars all over the country. you just have to go to the right bar--- if i wander in off the street in some random ft worth bar while tcu is on and maybe some other texassss schools, i am not going to be surprised if they won't get the game on for me. but, even in similar circumstances to the above, a good tip and a reasonable ask usually work magic everywhere. even texas.

i went to a huge watch party in manhattan years back. there were CU alums everywhere. i pregamed with some dude who was there to watch to stony brook play some other lower level team that i had never heard of and even they had a watch party. much smaller.
Dude, you’re proving my point again! Why should I have to go to some specific bar that has decided to corner the market on obscure game watch parties? I want to just stroll down to my local watering hole and be confident that they’ll be able to throw the game on one of the TVs for me.

God you are an idiot!

Dude, you’re proving my point again! Why should I have to go to some specific bar that has decided to corner the market on obscure game watch parties? I want to just stroll down to my local watering hole and be confident that they’ll be able to throw the game on one of the TVs for me.
if it is a "big" game it will be so. we haven't played in a lot of big games in recent years.

otherwise, i have always travelled a lot for work and have found myself in many random locations. CU alum watch party = 1005 success rate.

what you are really saying is that you want CU to be so ****ing good again that every bar will have them on. we aren't bama. yet.

whether apple or some other streamer, if CU is a must watch game-- example... #5 CU plays #8 uw, it really won't be hard to find the game at most sports bars.

look our TCU opener is a must watch and we were god awful last year. build something great and the eyeballs of casual fans as well as diehards will follow.

How did you feel about the pac-12 playing basketball games in China before covid? I'm legitimately curious.

Back