What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

if it is a "big" game it will be so. we haven't played in a lot of big games in recent years.

otherwise, i have always travelled a lot for work and have found myself in many random locations. CU alum watch party = 1005 success rate.

what you are really saying is that you want CU to be so ****ing good again that every bar will have them on. we aren't bama. yet.

whether apple or some other streamer, if CU is a must watch game-- example... #5 CU plays #8 uw, it really won't be hard to find the game at most sports bars.

look our TCU opener is a must watch and we were god awful last year. build something great and the eyeballs of casual fans as well as diehards will follow.
This.

If CU is regularly ranked in the top 15, bars will have us on regardless of what network, cable or streaming service the game is on.

If CU continues to suck (we won't), bars will not have us on, even if we were playing every game on Saturday at 3:30 EST and it was being broadcast on ABC, Fox, ESPN or FSN.

Our game being on "in most bars" is 100% dependent on how good we are, NOT what network/service is carrying the game.

If the Big 12 deal is paying $31M per school, that's 31 x 12 or $372M for the contract. So each new addition would have to be worth at least $31M additional to the media partner for the addition to make sense. And current conference members don't approve expansion and increased travel in order to break even.

So that brings me back to the following: if the 4 Corners schools all work with this math for the Big 12... and UO, UW, Cal & Stanford are valued somewhere north of that... and both OSU & WSU are less but certainly haven't been ratings drags... how the fvck does anyone come to the conclusion that the Pac-10 is worth less per school to a media company than the Big 12? Please, someone explain this to me because it has never added up.
There was a post about 200 pages ago that showed the trend lines for pac 12 viewership and attendance and they were way bad. The pac 12 fan base simply doesn’t care about football like the big 12 fan base does

are some of you saying my brilliant research and field work correlating android users with mouth breathers is wrong?????

how could that possibly be so?

perhaps some of you are the edge cases your head research analyst warned you not to worry about.

Dancing With The Stars GIF
Being in the IT field, I find it the exact opposite. Iphone users are those who need the little apple walled garden. They need to be hand fed everything because they are the ones who would **** up anything that isn't point and click.

Android users are those that can think for themselves.

99 out of 100 times if someone brings me a phone to ask how to do something simple or at worst something that one could figure out in 20 seconds with Google...it is an apple phone. As I've said before, I don't have an iPhone so I don't know their system like the back of my hand as I do with android, and I still have to be the one to figure **** out.....for iphone users. And my job in IT isn't even phones! Lol.

Being in the IT field, I find it the exact opposite. Iphone users are those who need the little apple walled garden. They need to be hand fed everything because they are the ones who would **** up anything that isn't point and click.

Android users are those that can think for themselves.

99 out of 100 times if someone brings me a phone to ask how to do something simple or at worst something that one could figure out in 20 seconds with Google...it is an apple phone. As I've said before, I don't have an iPhone so I don't know their system like the back of my hand as I do with android, and I still have to be the one to figure **** out.....for iphone users. And my job in IT isn't even phones! Lol.

to each their own, dear sir.

this is real life conversation i once had with an IT guy when he was in my office trying to fix my PC.

him: i'm going to restart it a few times and then download some updates.
me: cool, whatever makes it work.
him: hmmm. it isn't working. let me try it again.
[time passes]
me: do you ever get tired of rebooting and reinstalling stuff over and over and over?
him: my job provides me the best opportunity to limit my human interaction to the bare minimum.
me: i think that is the most polite way an employee has ever told me to shut the **** up.
[time passes, as keys are banged in now silence]
him: muttering to self and talking to the pc.
me: maybe i will just leave you two alone and find somewhere else to be.
him: that would be best.

You’re in California. Try walking into bars in the Midwest, East Coast , or Texas and asking them to fire up their Apple account so you can livestream you some Buffs!

And it’s not exactly driving your point home that in order to watch the Buffs in the past you needed people to pirate the games.
Are you seriously too cheap to support your team and your conference and sign up for AppleTV if thats ehat it comes down to? Its like the cost of lunch once a month. WTF?

I dropped DirecTV for SlingTV when they refused to pick up the P12N. Am I really more patriotic than you? WTF? WTF?

Are you seriously too cheap to support your team and your conference and sign up for AppleTV if thats ehat it comes down to? Its like the cost of lunch once a month. WTF?

I dropped DirecTV for SlingTV when they refused to pick up the P12N. Am I really more patriotic than you? WTF? WTF?
he uses android.

follow the patterns where they lead man, don't turn away.

Always Sunny Fx GIF

he uses android.

follow the patterns where they lead man, don't turn away.

Always Sunny Fx GIF
Have you considered there’s a divide amongst Android users and it goes like this.

Pixel users - anti truck stop, pro YouTubeTV or Apple TV rights

Samsung - pro truck stop and coaxial cable

I’m an iPhone guy but I respect the Pixel (even though I would never switch).

are some of you saying my brilliant research and field work correlating android users with mouth breathers is wrong?????

how could that possibly be so?

perhaps some of you are the edge cases your head research analyst warned you not to worry about.

Dancing With The Stars GIF
Yes. Trump supporters are still using those old bricks that were a thing 40 years ago.

Looks like Wilner might be accepting the fact that Colorado may be gone sooner than later.

Could Thursday be the day?
Timing doesn't make sense but there
are some out there who think so.
Not sure I believe that though.
It came off as a long closing argument as to why CU should stay. There was nothing pro truck stop in there.

On a different note, I listened to an interview Kliavkoff did after the presser. In terms of realignment, he said it needs 8 votes but they won’t do anything unless it’s unanimous. Plus, if there is one hold (like Oregon) that one holdout will go with the greater good and vote yes and not hold up expansion. Probably why he didn’t shoot down expansion in the presser (seemed pro expansion) but people were talking about it on background.

Don't know if anyone's posted this yet; caption is "BIG things coming'
4e65c50f0ac7ebd2aa3569fd70fef923cdbef579_4182681_u13023.jpg

(They're likely announcing a new home and home or moving an already scheduled game; I think they missed one in covid year. Just felt like ****ing with y'all.)

Have you considered there’s a divide amongst Android users and it goes like this.

Pixel users - anti truck stop, pro YouTubeTV or Apple TV rights

Samsung - pro truck stop and coaxial cable

I’m an iPhone guy but I respect the Pixel (even though I would never switch).

this seems plausible.

perhaps i did clump the androidians altogether.

we must do more research and determine correlation/causation between mouth breath truck stoppers and the sub-tribes of the larger group.

The Lizzie Bennet Diaries Reaction GIF

This guy covers UA for PHNX.

keep in mind, we still don't know what the F is going on.

i'm gonna roll with it.

b12? sure, why the **** not? endless material.
pac? sure, why the **** not? endless material, plus dissing on the b12.

win/win.

I already have AppleTV. It’s not great.

Now go back and reread what I wrote. It has nothing to do with my personal consumption of the product, but exposure for CU on a larger level.

I've never found BIG football games particularly fun to watch. OSU-Michigan is a fun one, sure, but Iowa and Wisconsin can be just painful with their style of play. Big XII in the beginning was fun, but then the north got terrible, Texas continued to Texas, and schools started getting wandering eyes.

Interesting question: what divisions had the biggest talent gap? Mid 2000 Big XII north vs Big XII south, or the current BIG East vs BIG west? It's close, but I'm voting modern BIG east/west. That western division is awful.

IIRC you guys were the traitors in the north that voted to move the HQ to Dallas.
I haaate waiting until noon only to have Northwestern v Iowa as the only game to start for the next 15 minutes.

The x factor for Apple is the hardware they have been developing for years (The 8k cameras and now VR), and now they are looking for applications. It spurred their deal with Messi, and I could totally see them "over paying" in order to develop a more robust platform (and the Pac12 complying to the tier1 rights, due to the innovative aspect of it). We will see...
The Apple TV+ app on Apple TV just came out with the ability to quad screen sports 👀

There was a post about 200 pages ago that showed the trend lines for pac 12 viewership and attendance and they were way bad. The pac 12 fan base simply doesn’t care about football like the big 12 fan base does
Fake news. Someone posted a picture of an empty Kansas stadium as prof that the Big 12 hates football.
Case closed.

Back