What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

There are a lot of uninteresting matchups on that schedule
Anymore than the Big 12 CU is walking into?

UW vs UM/tOSU/SC/Oregon/PSU/Wis/MSU/UCLA all seem pretty interesting.

The content the B1G is going to put out is going to be incredible, IMO. It’s just not going to be great from an on field results standpoint for a lot of teams who have playoff aspirations.

The content the B1G is going to put out is going to be incredible, IMO. It’s just not going to be great from an on field results standpoint for a lot of teams who have playoff aspirations.
And yet none of the incredible B1G matchups will come close to Colorado’s tv ratings.

And yet none of the incredible B1G matchups will come close to Colorado’s tv ratings.
Yeah they will. I'm guessing many of them average 6-8m viewers with multiple over 10m and then tOSU/UM gets around 15-17m every year. CU will also average 6-8m viewers, but that conference is loaded with intrigue and anyone saying otherwise is just salty.

Yeah they will. I'm guessing many of them average 6-8m viewers with multiple over 10m and then tOSU/UM gets around 15-17m every year. CU will also average 6-8m viewers, but that conference is loaded with intrigue and anyone saying otherwise is just salty.
Have you even been paying attention? Colorado’s viewer ratings are in a class of their own against all FBS. There is literally no precedent for our numbers.

When we are rolling next year, expect that tOSU/UM number to be a quaint second place to Colorado’s game.

I actually kind of like the UW folks I’ve come into contact with during our time in the same conference. I see a lot of similarities between the two schools.

Have you even been paying attention? Colorado’s viewer ratings are in a class of their own against all FBS. There is literally no precedent for our numbers.

When we are rolling next year, expect that tOSU/UM number to be a quaint second place to Colorado’s game.
Lol no I haven't been paying attention at all

As an aggregate viewership across the entire season, I expect CU to have more than most or all of the B1G programs. From a game to game standpoint, I think CU games next year will be there with USC vs Michigan, Oregon vs Penn State, Ohio State vs Penn State, Penn State vs Michigan, etc. And no, there won't be a CU game next year that beats out tOSU vs UM.

You have to remember that some of the ratings this year is due to the polarization and intrigue about CP at the P5 level. There won't be the same build up and hype next year that there has been when playing two rivals, and three top 25 (two national top 10) programs. There are no more marquee opponents on CU's schedule going forward.

UW, PSU, UW, MSU and UCLA are still regional programs when it comes to fan following. The B1G will have four national programs starting in 2024: U of M, OSU, USC and UO.
Yes, and those national programs typically rate very high and will only boost the intrigue and viewership of their matchups against the second tier brands.

Lol no I haven't been paying attention at all

As an aggregate viewership across the entire season, I expect CU to have more than most or all of the B1G programs. From a game to game standpoint, I think CU games next year will be there with USC vs Michigan, Oregon vs Penn State, Ohio State vs Penn State, Penn State vs Michigan, etc. And no, there won't be a CU game next year that beats out tOSU vs UM.

You have to remember that some of the ratings this year is due to the polarization and intrigue about CP at the P5 level. There won't be the same build up and hype next year that there has been when playing two rivals, and three top 25 (two national top 10) programs. There are no more marquee opponents on CU's schedule going forward.
Then you are aware that we aren’t just breaking records, not just shattering records, we are obliterating them by orders of magnitude.

So, gonna have to agree to disagree.

The Prime effect speaks for itself and I think Colorado not only gets more ratings than every other FBS team in 2024, it won’t even be close.

Then you are aware that we aren’t just breaking records, not just shattering records, we are obliterating them by orders of magnitude.

So, gonna have to agree to disagree.

The Prime effect speaks for itself and I think Colorado not only gets more ratings than every other FBS team in 2024, it won’t even be close.
You are not comprehending what I am saying, so we can be done here.

You are not comprehending what I am saying, so we can be done here.
I comprehend what you’re saying fine. I just completely disagree.

Call out all the variables you want, but my argument is simple.

If Colorado is winning and top 25 all next year, no single game any week or aggregate of games by any other team will match Colorado.

As Prime says, we will dominate.

There are a lot of uninteresting matchups on that schedule
That's the reality of what's going on with realignment.

College football has been undervalued because there are so few games that are nationally compelling on the schedule each week. the networks (where most of the money comes from) are making moves to fix the "lack of big games" problem.

Changing things so that they don't have 1/4 of Georgia's schedule against the likes of Ball State - which are un-marketable games for the best program in the nation they are paying to have the right to broadcast. That "25% worthless" is baked into the media deals while also reducing the interest in the sport overall.

There's a lot more money to be made with the 48-64 most valuable programs only playing each other with an NFL setup where only half the schedule is regional division rivals, so that's where this eventually goes.

That's the reality of what's going on with realignment.

College football has been undervalued because there are so few games that are nationally compelling on the schedule each week. the networks (where most of the money comes from) are making moves to fix the "lack of big games" problem.

Changing things so that they don't have 1/4 of Georgia's schedule against the likes of Ball State - which are un-marketable games for the best program in the nation they are paying to have the right to broadcast. That "25% worthless" is baked into the media deals while also reducing the interest in the sport overall.

There's a lot more money to be made with the 48-64 most valuable programs only playing each other with an NFL setup where only half the schedule is regional division rivals, so that's where this eventually goes.
Roger that. I wonder how long a Purdue UW, for example, will be compelling or hold any real value from a viewership standpoint.

My gut tells me that the the Big 12 contract could turn into a bargain for the networks. Especially if we can hold onto CP.

The absolute absurdity of having four west coast teams in the B1G and two west coast teams in the ACC has the chance to make the entire system crash. It’s just dumb.

Go to 60 teams. 12 groups of regional pods with five teams apiece. Go to a 14-game season. Play every team in your pod once, one designated rival, one leftover G5 team and 8 non-pod games against national teams. The team with the best record from each pod plus four at-large teams make a 16-team playoff. The networks would kill for that, and college football would be far less stupid.

Details please.
I have no idea what you’re asking for, but here is something that might interest you.

car-detailing-aurora-mrdetailmobile-com.jpg

UW, PSU, UW, MSU and UCLA are still regional programs when it comes to fan following. The B1G will have four national programs starting in 2024: U of M, OSU, USC and UO.
Sorry, but no one gives a rats ass about Oregon other than Phil knight and his small regional fan base And cute uniforms. Without him they are nothing. Especially in the BIG. Where they’re alumni at each and every school on a yearly basis triples oregons. They are a small school living a dream because the have a huge sugar daddy. Without him they are nothing.

Oh noes, accused of having a hot take on a message board filled with hot takes. I’m so injured.

B1G sets teams up perfectly for the playoff.

They get a few games a year against other playoff contenders to grab attention and make themselves look good on high profile national TV. They play a bunch of conference games against the weak sisters that allow each of the top programs to fatten up their records.

In a typical year win 3 out of 4 or 2 of 3 tough games, hammer the rest of the lesser conference opponents, and you have a solid argument for the playoff, at least that's how it looks.

Back