What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

The Buffs are walking into a much much better situation with the Big12 in terms of platforms and places for our games. No more P12N to make us disappear, and you know that we will be getting almost all the best spots throughout the year on ESPN.

One thing we need to is schedule OOC very strong, contrary to thoughts of a weaker schedule.

Publicity is better than anything for us, so do we not look at North Dakota and CSU as games to get rid of?

Go get Oregon State and Washington State for those!

Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 4.35.28 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-10-06 at 4.37.38 PM.png

The Buffs are walking into a much much better situation with the Big12 in terms of platforms and places for our games. No more P12N to make us disappear, and you know that we will be getting almost all the best spots throughout the year on ESPN.

One thing we need to is schedule OOC very strong, contrary to thoughts of a weaker schedule.

Publicity is better than anything for us, so do we not look at North Dakota and CSU as games to get rid of?

Go get Oregon State and Washington State for those!

View attachment 65774View attachment 65775
Anyway we can get Sims as QB again for those Georgia Tech games?

I apologize for giving you the benefit of the doubt originally. My mistake. Won't insult you further by doing it again.
Asking for details on a subject to which nobody would have any details and you think that’s giving the benefit of the doubt? Sure thing Jimmy.

Which one?? Indiana / Northwestern? Maryland / Rutgers? Minnesota / Rutgers? Iowa / Northwestern? I’m vomiting typing this.
I know it.

For example, the way I see it, UW will add two interesting matchups every year. Vs OSU or Mich or Pedo St.

The other interesting games are games they are already playing. USC Oregon UCLA. I really don’t think that TV deal is going to be profitable for the networks.

Anymore than the Big 12 CU is walking into?

UW vs UM/tOSU/SC/Oregon/PSU/Wis/MSU/UCLA all seem pretty interesting.

The content the B1G is going to put out is going to be incredible, IMO. It’s just not going to be great from an on field results standpoint for a lot of teams who have playoff aspirations.
KSU v OSU was on Yesterday and I threw up in my mouth just thinking about it.

My gut tells me that the the Big 12 contract could turn into a bargain for the networks. Especially if we can hold onto CP.
Other than Coach Prime and TCU the rest of the conference were joining’s football interest is limited to the state the team in question resides in. And in some cases those teams are even highly regionally limited within their respective states (TT to UT, a UCF to UF/FSU/UM, an OSU to OU). Over time these uncompelling matchups could be a problem for CU.

Other than Coach Prime and TCU the rest of the conference were joining’s football interest is limited to the state the team in question resides in. And in some cases those teams are even highly regionally limited within their respective states (TT to UT, a UCF to UF/FSU/UM, an OSU to OU). Over time these uncompelling matchups could be a problem for CU.
I share this concern, but I think that the lack of a clear marquee brand could make things a bit more compelling as the brands struggle for supremacy. (I hope)

I comprehend what you’re saying fine. I just completely disagree.

Call out all the variables you want, but my argument is simple.

If Colorado is winning and top 25 all next year, no single game any week or aggregate of games by any other team will match Colorado.

As Prime says, we will dominate.
So does the SEC or Big10 grab us for 2025?

It's also all wrong - Fixed it
1) Utah
2) Kansas
3) WVU
4) CU
5) BYU
6) KSU
7) OSU
8) TCU
9) TT
10) ISU
11) AZ.
12) Cincy
13) ASU
14) UH
15) Baylor
16) UCF
Yeah. With a healthy Rising, Utah is easily the best this year. Struggling at the moment, though.

I also think UA and TTU are likely to ascend a bit as the year progresses.

I may have missed it (I have not peeked into this thread after the change was announced), has the Big 12 announced divisions yet?

Funny how a lot of middling Pac 12 teams think they're going to dominate the Big XII. Utah I understand, and you guys are justifiable, but I saw an AZ guy talking about running the conference. Even ASU thinks they could start to turn it around. I know none of the Hateful 8 were big football brands, but everyone but Kansas been good at some point over the last decade, which is more than you guys can say. Glad to see Pac 12 hubris will survive the conference. I was worried for a minute there.

Final record for you guys...6-6 I'd say...maybe you sneak to 7. About where I think my Cyclones will be. Bene a fun season so far, though.

Funny how a lot of middling Pac 12 teams think they're going to dominate the Big XII. Utah I understand, and you guys are justifiable, but I saw an AZ guy talking about running the conference. Even ASU thinks they could start to turn it around. I know none of the Hateful 8 were big football brands, but everyone but Kansas been good at some point over the last decade, which is more than you guys can say. Glad to see Pac 12 hubris will survive the conference. I was worried for a minute there.

Final record for you guys...6-6 I'd say...maybe you sneak to 7. About where I think my Cyclones will be. Bene a fun season so far, though.
It's the most wide open conference in the P4 with no traditional blue blood and a bunch of teams that can't sustain high level success. That's why Utah is right in thinking it's probably going to be the heavy favorite to win the B12 next year. In year one with Prime, CU's recruiting class was better than every Big 12 program not named Texas and OU, which is also why CU fans are optimistic that the Buffs will probably be a co-favorite to win the conference.

Back