What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

A thread on the ACC's situation... $120m exit fee + the forfeiture of all media rights and airing of any home games for ALL sports until 2036. Also, there's a reason nobody has challenged this in court yet... it's likely not going to be won.

It's hard to imagine, but the ACC could very well be completely ****ed for the next decade and a half

A couple in the thread

I came here to post this only to find out it was already posted 3 hours ago lol.

But yea she says the ACC GoR is pretty solid and there's a few schools in the conference who are nervous about everything going on.

I came here to post this only to find out it was already posted 3 hours ago lol.

But yea she says the ACC GoR is pretty solid and there's a few schools in the conference who are nervous about everything going on.
My question is this: Are Clemson’s media rights in the SEC worth $100m/year for example and therefore they would need to send all of that to ACC, or are their rights only within the current ACC structure, so whatever it is, $30m or so?

If it’s the former, that’s $1.4B + $120m for the exit fee, for a total of $1.52B needing to repay the ACC over 14 years. If it’s the latter, it’s $540m total over 14 years.

Both scenarios are likely untenable and if they can’t find a way to break the GOR, the ACC is so ****ed.

My question is this: Are Clemson’s media rights in the SEC worth $100m/year for example and therefore they would need to send all of that to ACC, or are their rights only within the current ACC structure, so whatever it is, $30m or so?

If it’s the former, that’s $1.4B + $120m for the exit fee, for a total of $1.52B needing to repay the ACC over 14 years. If it’s the latter, it’s $540m total over 14 years.

Both scenarios are likely untenable and if they can’t find a way to break the GOR, the ACC is so ****ed.
Former. Until negotiations, anyway.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

are you suffering from doom scroll syndrome? do you find yourself compulsively checking allbuffs and twitter for any news about our dear Buffs? do you find that this is interfering with other parts of your life? do you wish you could stop or control it better?

there is help for you and an answer!*

*available only to Allbuffs subscribers. limited time offer. other terms and conditions apply. subscriber acknowledges that funds can and will be used for hookers and blow. results and satisfaction are not promised or guaranteed. expect to be disappointed.

I think the likely outcome is this would have to be settled and it won't be litigated. I can't see a third party (another conference or another network) entering into any contract with a team subject to the grant of rights agreement because doing so would potentially expose them to liability. And there is no live case or controversy for a court to adjudicate until that happens.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

are you suffering from doom scroll syndrome? do you find yourself compulsively checking allbuffs and twitter for any news about our dear Buffs? do you find that this is interfering with other parts of your life? do you wish you could stop or control it better?

there is help for you and an answer!*

*available only to Allbuffs subscribers. limited time offer. other terms and conditions apply. subscriber acknowledges that funds can and will be used for hookers and blow. results and satisfaction are not promised or guaranteed. expect to be disappointed.

So is this kinda like marriage?

I’m caught up. That was horrible.
James Franco Reaction GIF
???? Not.

Former. All future monies received from SEC media rights would be granted to the ACC until 2036-36, subject to reduction by negotiation.those monies would be equal divided among all remaining ACC members.

Back