What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Wait. Are you saying they should try to move to one of those conferences?

No Way Omg GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm
It seems like a lot of you want them talking to the big 12, ACC, and pac 12, why waste that precious time when we can be sucking the SEC and big 10‘s dick.
If only we had competent leadership, we could manipulate our way into either.

It seems like a lot of you want them talking to the big 12, ACC, and pac 12, why waste that precious time when we can be sucking the SEC and big 10‘s dick.
If only we had competent leadership, we could manipulate our way into either.
Do you think Oregon is incompetent? Because they're in the same boat with more resources and a better brand but didn't get the invite you're saying CU should be able to make happen.

Do you think Oregon is incompetent? Because they're in the same boat with more resources and a better brand but didn't get the invite you're saying CU should be able to make happen.

yes

I am sooooooo going to geek out on this over the weekend. 😂
I tried; it wasn't as clean as I would have liked it. Basically 12+4 decent TXOK schools. SEC+some TXOK+Louisville-Florida. ACC+FL+Maryland+Penn St+WV. B1gG-PennSt-Maryland-Rugters+ Cicni+ND+northern Bi12 schools. G5 was messy too.

SEC or B1G

nothing else matters
Today the B1G reached an agreement for the Univ of Colorado to join the conference. CU had to agree to many improvements including agreeing to build a dome over Folsom Field first and replace the live Ralphie with an inflatable one. “This is a great move for our institution.” Said AD Rick George. “We’ll only get a dollar a year for the 1st 10 years but we can make it up in parking permit fees”....

I don’t think there is any question that the Charlotte market, and state of North Carolina, is the most desirable market for the big 10 and the SEC outside of landing notre Dame, Chicago and the national eyes they bring. @CarolinaBuff can probably provide more insight but I actually thought Charlotte seemed like more of a Clemson town than a UNC one but that could just be because it was football season and UNC football isn’t as popular as the actual brand itself.

Charlotte is a very fractured market. And there a ton of transplants in that city, not just from points in the south, but also the mid-Atlantic region as well. Personally, I’d say the Tar Heels are #1 in that market. NC State is bigger in the Triangle, but also has its support in Charlotte too. Some people really like App State, impressively so for a smaller conference school. Duke’s popularity is usually over-weighted by people out of state.

As far as out of state programs go, Clemson is indeed #1 in Charlotte. But in the end, it’s really fractured and nowhere like it’s in Georgia with UGA.

I would say Creebuzz summed up Charlotte very well as far as college support goes. UNC probably has the most fans in CLT but Clemson, NC State, and VT all have a very good presence there, then a tier down you see a fair amount tOSU and South Carolina fans. Yes App State has great fans but they're just smaller and obviously aren't a player in the major conference discussions. Overall it's more of a melting pot of various fanbases.

Today the B1G reached an agreement for the Univ of Colorado to join the conference. CU had to agree to many improvements including agreeing to build a dome over Folsom Field first and replace the live Ralphie with an inflatable one. “This is a great move for our institution.” Said AD Rick George. “We’ll only get a dollar a year for the 1st 10 years but we can make it up in parking permit fees”....
I'm Nevile Chamberlain, and I approve this message.

I'm not advocating for this, but noting that Congress has stuck their heads into sports before (CFP, baseball strike), does anyone suspect we'll see an attempt at Congressional intervention into realignment?

I could see some members doing it for the publicity and some not being able to help themselves from getting involved.

I kind of wonder how the NFL feels about this consolidation and the potential for swaths of the country to lose higher level CFB. Fewer schools with fewer players for their free farm league sounds not great for them, particularly when the remaining schools seem to be trying to grow into more of a direct competitor.

I kind of wonder how the NFL feels about this consolidation and the potential for swaths of the country to lose higher level CFB. Fewer schools with fewer players for their free farm league sounds not great for them, particularly when the remaining schools seem to be trying to grow into more of a direct competitor.
I've dwelled on this point a few times over the last few days.

I think the NFL knows they're getting a free farm league and have been. they may not like the shape it's taking, but they'll still be getting a free farm league out of CFB. I don't think they meddle at all.

also, i don't think the NFL sees the SEC or B1G as a near or medium-term threat. to find in college the level of fan interest that NFL generates, only happens in a few regions and most of those aren't particularly well populated.

Yeah, but everyone hates Oregon. Only the Big 12 schools hate us.

Can’t believe I’m saying this but I want the regents to overrule George and and push for the ACC deal. We’ve never had that kind of exposure before, not in the B12 and certainly not in the P12.
They'll do whatever brings in the most money and whatever they presume to be the most stable position

Something like 2% of college players make it to the nfl. As long as there’s an eligibility cap for college players, I don’t see that the nfl will care.

I've dwelled on this point a few times over the last few days.

I think the NFL knows they're getting a free farm league and have been. they may not like the shape it's taking, but they'll still be getting a free farm league out of CFB. I don't think they meddle at all.

also, i don't think the NFL sees the SEC or B1G as a near or medium-term threat. to find in college the level of fan interest that NFL generates, only happens in a few regions and most of those aren't particularly well populated.
Actually, I think the NFL loves all this because its causing the best talent to be concentrated in the same leagues instead of being spread out. That raises the level of competition and likely improves the talent that makes it to the draft.

Now, if a day comes where eligibility limits are moved and players can stay in college for decades and live off of NIL funds they will not like that.

Last edited:

Lol, there's a less than 0% chance Cincinnati is invited to the B1G, and I also find it strange that Arizona is on that list but ASU and Utah aren't in any capacity. Louisville also isn't getting an SEC invite with Kentucky already there, plus nobody is going to help them or Syracuse pay the hundreds of millions each to the ACC for breaking the GoR.

Also, I think it's time the public realizes that if basketball played literally any part in realignment, Kansas, Baylor and Arizona would have been gobbled up already.

These odds are complete trash.

Lol, there's a less than 0% chance Cincinnati is invited to the B1G, and I also find it strange that Arizona is on that list but ASU and Utah aren't in any capacity. Louisville also isn't getting an SEC invite with Kentucky already there, plus nobody is going to help them or Syracuse pay the hundreds of millions each to the ACC for breaking the GoR.

Also, I think it's time the public realizes that if basketball played literally any part in realignment, Kansas, Baylor and Arizona would have been gobbled up already.

These odds are complete trash.
None of those schools on that list are going anywhere. What a waste of a tweet.

Back