What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

I can feel it now. At some time in the next few years I will go to some venue to watch a listed streamed or telecast Buff football game and up will pop "Live from Wilkes-Barre, PA, the Eastern semi-finals of the senior division Pro-Am Indoor Pickleball Challenge brought to you by Growlies Pet Foods and Whoopsies Adult Diapers". As sure as the f'ing Sun sets in the west.....

I can feel it now. At some time in the next few years I will go to some venue to watch a listed streamed or telecast Buff football game and up will pop "Live from Wilkes-Barre, PA, the Eastern semi-finals of the senior division Pro-Am Indoor Pickleball Challenge brought to you by Growlies Pet Foods and Whoopsies Adult Diapers". As sure as the f'ing Sun sets in the west.....
you mean "Oops I Crapped My Pants"

the only thing that will solve all of this is a tribute to the Football Gods.

it must be worthy of their attention.

i propose ritual human sacrifice and i have narrowed it down to several candidates.

you know who you are.

200.gif
I’m not a virgin.

The NBA loses Billions on the WNBA. Average Attendance is 5,000 per night and that is being generous since there is an average of three thousand free seats/giveaways. Ratings/Viewership: the NBA average game is 14M viewers while the WNBA viewership is 390,000. The WNBA salaries are relatively high compared to what the WNBA league brings in, yet the athletes want private flights, hotels, food budget, enhanced security to match what the NBA players bring in. Granted they don't make NBA type salaries, they have to make that overseas; The American Hockey League (not the NHL, talking the American hockey farm system) has slightly better attendance than the WNBA.
The quality of talent/play has somewhat increased over the years in the WNBA but when you don't have an audience and the NBA is losing so much money to keep that league afloat, it is challenging to justify the players requests.

It was a mistake for the NBA, US Soccer, etc to pair men and women together. Intrisically they have different market values and you can never overcome the PR hits from fairly valuing men and women sports differently.

If the WNBA players believe they are undervalued, it’d be nice if they could take their concerns to the free market. And there, value will be allocated accurately.

You and I will be pushing up daisies..I don't care if I have a diaper on the next time the Buffs have a winning season. Same way I thought in 86-87 after so many years of bad football, I bought my first season tickets for the 88 season I still thought I was going to live forever.

I haven't had TV for 15 years. It is going to die soon, and sports will have to adapt to the smaller payouts on streaming
PAC leading the way again. Smaller payout in the future? Hell the PAC is just ahead of it time.

You and I will be pushing up daisies..I don't care if I have a diaper on the next time the Buffs have a winning season. Same way I thought in 86-87 after so many years of bad football, I bought my first season tickets for the 88 season I still thought I was going to live forever.
I’m hoping to not be wearing diapers AND/OR eating pet food the next time the Buffs are over .500…..it’s a modest goal. Go Prime. God bless Mark Hatcher and the resurgent Buffs of the mid-to-late 80s. The start of some great times for sure.

I’m hoping to not be wearing diapers AND/OR eating pet food the next time the Buffs are over .500…..it’s a modest goal. Go Prime. God bless Mark Hatcher and the resurgent Buffs of the mid-to-late 80s. The start of some great times for sure.
I am curious how this season goes. But I do know one thing you should know. As bad as you might have been recently you have no clue the depths to which a football team can sink. Seriously. Sincerely, KU Fan.

I can’t imagine ND would hire the former NBC sports exec (and former ND player) as AD without knowing they’re a priority to remain with NBC, but you never know. I think the networks and conferences are milking this thing for one last contract before it all gets blown up with streaming in 6-7 years.
Maybe. Maybe they knew it might trouble coming as the dollar amounts keep rising and thought a former insider might help them. To me $60m seems cheap for 7 games that you know a lot of Boomers will tune in for. Does each game sell $10-12m in advertising? Or is it just a good loss leader for NBC? Its inconsistent not having a game each Saturday.

NBC is really pushing Peacock having already hid the best EPL games there, some Big Ten games, and now the NFL wild card game. Will NBC want the ND games on Peacock too? The negotiations between the two might come down to that.

Maybe. Maybe they knew it might trouble coming as the dollar amounts keep rising and thought a former insider might help them. To me $60m seems cheap for 7 games that you know a lot of Boomers will tune in for. Does each game sell $10-12m in advertising? Or is it just a good loss leader for NBC? Its inconsistent not having a game each Saturday.

NBC is really pushing Peacock having already hid the best EPL games there, some Big Ten games, and now the NFL wild card game. Will NBC want the ND games on Peacock too? The negotiations between the two might come down to that.
What NBC really wants is Notre Dame in the B1G and priority rights to also televise most of its road & neutral games.

What NBC really wants is Notre Dame in the B1G and priority rights to also televise most of its road & neutral games.
I could see the B1G agreeing to that to get the last major property left in the wild into the conference.

In similar fashion, I wouldnt be surprised to learn that the BigXII media rights was exchanged for agreeing to let UT and OU leave early for the SECESPNs benefit.

Back