What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Kinda. Because Kansas was pretty good last year and had pretty good attendance. But Why are you using the historically worst team in the conference (and maybe all of P5 football) to make that point.
My point was simply that the majority of CFB programs have bandwagon fanbases and I specifically mentioned UCLA as a ****ty (along with Cal and Stanford). Point being, there is really no evidence that Big 12 programs support their football notably more than Pac 12. The ratings and attendance show that

Come on. The picture you showed was taken in the 4th Qtr with 4 minutes left and KU down by 31 points. I have seen Folsom empty under similar circumstances.
If you have a packed house in a game that is irrelevant to the college football landscape why is it important how many people were there in person?

If you have a packed house in a game that is irrelevant to the college football landscape why is it important how many people were there in person?
I know this is hard for you but context is important - stands are empty at the end of blowout games when the home team is on the losing end. Look at Phoenix in final game of the NBA playoffs this year - that was pretty empty at the end. That picture was cherry picked.

That picture is not from last year, it is from 2019. Got to the link below to see the stadium at kickoff.

Try to be honest.
Huh? The picture I was responding to was between KU and TCU from last year when both were undefeated (and playing on FS1 btw).

My point was simply that the majority of CFB programs have bandwagon fanbases and I specifically mentioned UCLA as a ****ty (along with Cal and Stanford). Point being, there is really no evidence that Big 12 programs support their football notably more than Pac 12. The ratings and attendance show that
No evidence? SIAP, but this article does a pretty good job breaking it down:

Pac 12 definitely has an attendance/engagement issue. Kansas was really the only school that had the problem, but given how bad they are that is very understandable. Houston will also bring the new Big XII down.

I can only speak for myself and ISU, but there's been alot of lean years where people still show up. Every time I go to a game I make an 11 hour round trip drive from WI, and I go to about half of them every year.

Last edited:
anyone else starting to think that perhaps ITB and some of our visitors are actively rooting for the demise of the pac?

i dunno. it is subtle. but, i do detect a certain nuanced pov being forwarded.

Sarcastic No Way GIF by ABC Network

anyone else starting to think that perhaps ITB and some of our visitors are actively rooting for the demise of the pac?

i dunno. it is subtle. but, i do detect a certain nuanced pov being forwarded.

Sarcastic No Way GIF by ABC Network
Haha. My whole point was that using a picture of a Kansas (KANSAS) home game, is not proof that the Big XII doesn’t support football

Yes, they are
As he said, they were invited to the Show, so who cares? They are an outlier; a program with a national brand that has a mediocre fan base (their stadium also has a 92k capacity so their average attendance is probably on par or more than most Big 12, and it’s also an hour or more from their campus).

The point is, both conferences have a few programs that lack major support and both have programs with great support. TV ratings favor the Pac.

Explain. Their attendance is notoriously bad. Their 5 year average is 45% capacity.

Not defending UCLA football fan engagement, in the best of years is it mediocre. But using "% of capacity" isn't a reasonable metric for fan engagement, it is akin to "median home price" as a metric for cost of living.

Not defending UCLA football fan engagement, in the best of years is it mediocre. But using "% of capacity" isn't a reasonable metric for fan engagement, it is akin to "median home price" as a metric for cost of living.
Nice reference there good sir. And that's fair, but if you looked at their average attendance numbers vs their student body size, it still comes out rather poorly.

Back