What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

They want to be an entertaining football conference with elite basketball

Thanks for the reminder.

Cant See Dont Look GIF by Global Esports

Here’s what I think happens:

1. USC and UCLA travel for non-fb teams creates a s*** show of complaints

2. Somewhere along the way, from 2025 to 2028, there will be a push to decouple football from all other sports and conferences.

3. The change will happen when the B1G contract ends and just before the SEC, 2032.

4. All sports minus football will play in a regional conference. CU will be in b12 for that.

5. FB is divided into regional divisions with small pods (4-to-6 or so) with little regard for air travel for the other games to maximize value.

6. 60 schools are in the league. The playoffs are weighted based on tiers.

7. The top 40 schools are vying for 8 playoff spots.

8. The bottom 20 schools are vying for 4 playoff spots.

So long story short, CU is in the b12 for the next 8-10 years or so and would be in the top 40 tier.

You're crazy if you can't enjoy an away game at BYU. Big stadium, good crowd, friendly people, good atmosphere, then you've got Salt Lake City next door and more hiking/ mountains/ outdoors opportunities within an hour than you could know what to do with.
Episode 7 Wow GIF by Wrexham AFC

Wha... Have you met CU, Denver and the state of Colorado yet?

You're crazy if you can't enjoy an away game at BYU. Big stadium, good crowd, friendly people, good atmosphere, then you've got Salt Lake City next door and more hiking/ mountains/ outdoors opportunities within an hour than you could know what to do with.

The microbrew culture in SLC/Provo is surprisingly strong. I haven't seen a game there yet, but it's an easy road trip from Boulder, and I'll definitely make the trip at some point.

As a friend of mine who lives there says, " the culture only makes the counter-culture stronger"...

How are we defining bad, here?

Look, I don't care if others like Orlando, that's their business. For me it's awful. In my corporate years, I was required to run programs in Orlando twice a year, or so. At some point I refused to go back. Either change the location for the programs or find someone else to run them. I'm serious when I said it's my goal to never return to Orlando. It's about 60% airport and 40% the town itself, and the gobs of people that find themselves attracted to it.

It doesn't bother me that ITB likes it there.
it-movie-it-movie-gifs.gif

Am I the only one not super sold on Arizona as the 14?

UW and UO >>>>>>>>>> anyone else. Just get either one of them to force the other one in

but then.. Arizona? Their football team is crap, has always been crap, always will be crap. They aren't even in Phoenix. PAHI lives there so that loses an extra point. Their fan support makes Cal look pretty good. There's probably at least 3 schools already in the B12 named the Wildcats. Plus don't we all want Jason Sheer to wind up covering a MWC school?

That said, idk what is standing out to me as 3rd. Utah I guess, but adding a second school from the same city in a tiny state doesn't seem ideal.

Cal or Stanford would seem ideal given their location, but their fan support sucks and Cal is generally bad at football. And their academics don't matter in the B12 at all, they're probably more appealing to the B1G than our new truck stop yeehaw MAGA conference. And despite the local population, they don't really care about football so

ASU seems more appealing to me, they lack the basketball prestige, but does basketball matter? I get that people are fully erect at the idea of CU getting trashed in the B12 in roundball, but it doesn't move the needle for me as that isn't my kink. At least ASU draws some of their 900,000 students to some games and has had some success in the football and are actually located in a big city that appeals to more than retired out of touch boomers in the desert. Plus half of the US is an alumni, albeit online, so they'll at least kinda care if they ever got really good.
One, **** Utah. They don't bring anything the Big 12 doesn't already have in BYU. They've thumbed their noses at the Big 12 on a regular basis over the last year. If they want to go down with the Pac, I think we should all allow them to do that.

I think one more defection ices it for the Pac-they can feasibly survive us leaving. I mean who knows-maybe they get prime time slots on the Food Network, HGTV, or QVC. Arizona's likely the easiest team to get, so I think that's why they keep coming up as #14. Their fans have probably been more vocal about wanting the Big 12 than even CU fans have. Get Arizona and you likely leave the Ducks and Puppies with no other option.

Sorry if I missed this. What happens if FSU leaves the ACC? Does it excuse others from their obligations prior to 2036? Would there be enough bi-coastal leftovers for a PAC/ACC conference featuring the OSU's, WSU's, UNC's and NC States of this world? I mean, Clemson and Miami and would be interesting to watch.

UW and UO >>>>>>>>>> anyone else. Just get either one of them to force the other one in

but then.. Arizona? Their football team is crap, has always been crap, always will be crap. They aren't even in Phoenix. PAHI lives there so that loses an extra point. Their fan support makes Cal look pretty good. There's probably at least 3 schools already in the B12 named the Wildcats. Plus don't we all want Jason Sheer to wind up covering a MWC school?

That said, idk what is standing out to me as 3rd. Utah I guess, but adding a second school from the same city in a tiny state doesn't seem ideal.

Cal or Stanford would seem ideal given their location, but their fan support sucks and Cal is generally bad at football. And their academics don't matter in the B12 at all, they're probably more appealing to the B1G than our new truck stop yeehaw MAGA conference. And despite the local population, they don't really care about football so

ASU seems more appealing to me, they lack the basketball prestige, but does basketball matter? I get that people are fully erect at the idea of CU getting trashed in the B12 in roundball, but it doesn't move the needle for me as that isn't my kink. At least ASU draws some of their 900,000 students to some games and has had some success in the football and are actually located in a big city that appeals to more than retired out of touch boomers in the desert. Plus half of the US is an alumni, albeit online, so they'll at least kinda care if they ever got really good.

I don't have a strong preference one way or the other - but I lean toward taking Arizona. They haven't always been terrible at football - only since hiring Mackovic. They are probably right in the second tier outside of the basketball blue bloods. My guess is ASU and Arizona bring the same number of eyeballs. But overall, I think Arizona is a better brand than Arizona State. It certainly seems that way within the state.

The microbrew culture in SLC/Provo is surprisingly strong. I haven't seen a game there yet, but it's an easy road trip from Boulder, and I'll definitely make the trip at some point.

As a friend of mine who lives there says, " the culture only makes the counter-culture stronger"...
Yep. Very good brews, great outdoor opportunities, and honestly a good football environment too.

I don't have a strong preference one way or the other - but I lean toward taking Arizona. They haven't always been terrible at football - only since hiring Mackovic. They are probably right in the second tier outside of the basketball blue bloods. My guess is ASU and Arizona bring the same number of eyeballs. But overall, I think Arizona is a better brand than Arizona State. It certainly seems that way within the state.
Arizona is probably easier to get I would think-I mean their fanbase has been a lot more vocal about wanting to be in the Big 12.

Tony Altimore continues to embarrass himself on twitter

Why would ACC do that?
The most plausible explanation I can come up with is that the rest of the conference believes the 8 votes to disband is there without FSU and this is a way to get some money out of the Noles for being first mover.

But I'm not really buying that.

The most plausible explanation I can come up with is that the rest of the conference believes the 8 votes to disband is there without FSU and this is a way to get some money out of the Noles for being first mover.

But I'm not really buying that.
I'm not buying it either. ESPN would have no reason to allow it either. There would be a lawsuit from them before anyone else sneezed.

I think CFB has to be very careful not to lose meaningful rivalries. Nebraska is a great case study here. How much passion and identity did they lose by not playing Oklahoma, Colorado and Missouri every year? UConn MBB & WBB slid when they took the AAC football money and left the Big East with those games its fans are passionate about.

I want my WVU vs Pitt. I want my Syracuse vs Georgetown. I want my USC vs Stanford. I want my Maryland vs Virginia. I want my Oklahoma vs Oklahoma State. I want my Kansas vs Missouri. Some are coming back together with realignment like Texas vs Texas A&M. That's great. But we may also be losing some fun ones like Oregon vs Oregon State, Washington vs Washington State and Arizona vs Arizona State. We could lose Florida State vs Miami.

I think that I want to get to a place where we have one national league with regional rival divisions and a full playoff where, maybe, Colorado, Nebraska and Oklahoma all find themselves in different divisions but we'd still maybe need to get through each other to make the CFB Superbowl. And I damn well want to make sure there's always room in scheduling for traditional in-state and border rivalry games even if one of the teams doesn't get invited to the CFB League.

This is the thing that CFB has to be careful about with all the changes happening in recent and coming years, and one of the biggest things that separates CFB from the NFL is the rivalries. Conference realignment has certainly played a big part in killing off some traditional rivalries but at the same time it will bring some back, like Texas-Texas A&M, Texas-Arkansas, and it guarantees that OU-Texas will continue. But others have suffered like PSU-Pitt, OU-Nebraska, BYU-Utah, WV-Pitt, although these latter 2 have done a good job of coming together and scheduling a number of future games.

CFP, meaning the conferences and individual schools, needs to take a lesson from NASCAR and don't forget where you came from and what made the sport special in the first place.

Put down the bong. That was quite a ramble.

free shoes U and clemson are about as likely to get big invites as boise state and uncinn.

i am weary, let me rest.

Nope! You blew it. There is plenty of local fare in Orlando/central Florida you just need a good guide. Breweries and wineries are plentiful.

@Uncle Ken please keep preaching the anti-Orlando gospel maybe some other slappies will not come here either.
You’re stuck with me every time I come to town. Sorry.

This is the thing that CFB has to be careful about with all the changes happening in recent and coming years, and one of the biggest things that separates CFB from the NFL is the rivalries. Conference realignment has certainly played a big part in killing off some traditional rivalries but at the same time it will bring some back, like Texas-Texas A&M, Texas-Arkansas, and it guarantees that OU-Texas will continue. But others have suffered like PSU-Pitt, OU-Nebraska, BYU-Utah, WV-Pitt, although these latter 2 have done a good job of coming together and scheduling a number of future games.

CFP, meaning the conferences and individual schools, needs to take a lesson from NASCAR and don't forget where you came from and what made the sport special in the first place.
Tradition? Rivalries??? 😂 Its about greed and money now and nothing else.

The NCAA needs to make a portal for Programs. Let everyone move how and where they want.

Back