What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Not sure how you think the Big 12 will ever be a super conference. It's very solidly 3rd. Which means it will survive the longest, but there's the B1G, the SEC and everyone else. We're everyone else.

And Prime will do his best, but I seriously doubt we can make up the necessary ground to join that group.
So what? Let's focus on owning the Big12 for the next decade. I could give two sh!ts about getting a seat at the big boy table and being fodder for the likes of OSU, Georgia, Penn State, Alabama and numerous others. Let's shoot for winning 8-11 games every year and having a sh!t ton of fun for awhile. Things have been fvcking dire for so long, I for one am not ready nor willing to go back to those days so soon.

Not sure how you think the Big 12 will ever be a super conference. It's very solidly 3rd. Which means it will survive the longest, but there's the B1G, the SEC and everyone else. We're everyone else.

And Prime will do his best, but I seriously doubt we can make up the necessary ground to join that group.
You might be right, but CU is playing the ****ty hand it has as effectively as possible IMO. Join the Big 12 and hope Prime's teams dominate it.

13 years of ****ty university leadership and ****ty conference leadership has us in this spot.

You might be right, but CU is playing the ****ty hand it has as effectively as possible IMO. Join the Big 12 and hope Prime's teams dominate it.

13 years of ****ty university leadership and ****ty conference leadership has us in this spot.
I'm not saying that CU didn't handle it well. RG did great, bringing his career record to 2-5,478,346 and for that he should be commended. But I don't get the people celebrating this. This sucks overall - not only for CU but all of college sports. But I think there are some people on here who'd rather be "right" than have their school be successful. So yay?

The problem with the Pac-12 in a nutshell is that Cal & Stanford are some of the highest resourced universities in the conference which academic leadership in the West and the 2nd best home recruiting grounds and media market... and they have no fan engagement in the online discussions, horrible attendance at their games, and no mentions other than the occasional media comment that it's almost inconceivable that 2 schools like that could get relegated (and that's the attitude which hamstrung the Pac-12 & led to those 2 schools doing everything wrong for football & revenue the past decade).

No tear shed for those two schools.

So what? Let's focus on owning the Big12 for the next decade. I could give two sh!ts about getting a seat at the big boy table and being fodder for the likes of OSU, Georgia, Penn State, Alabama and numerous others. Let's shoot for winning 8-11 games every year and having a sh!t ton of fun for awhile. Things have been fvcking dire for so long, I for one am not ready nor willing to go back to those days so soon.
IDK, it's hard to not give two sh!ts about an annual revenue disparity of 8 figures

Pods are really the only way to do this so that it's relatively fair for everyone in terms of access to different regions and you get to develop some rivalries.

It's also pretty clean, except for the eastern most teams. Then it gets weird.

UU, UA, ASU, BYU
CU, KU, KSU, OSU
TCU, TTU, BU, UH
ISU, Cincy, WVU, UCF
This is it GUARANTEED. For rivalry purposes, for travel purposes and for watchability purposes.

Yeah we've probably agreed to the slow death rather than the quick death of OSU and WSU. But it is going to be interesting to see how OSU and WSU react litigation wise and if congress starts to take an interest since the B12 and ACC left behinds is probably a pretty big political block. I still think 40 is too small, but if we make it in we'll be in the last group. The P2 may decide it is politically expedient to leave the Big 12 as a "P3" that thinks they are in the club while spending them into oblivion and always winning everything. Realistically that's not really different from how the last 10 years have worked. Maybe some of these schools will start to realize this model isn't all that fun when fewer big boys are having winning seasons.

If congress wants to be proposing CFB litigation they should actually be looking at this rather than legislation that prevents kids from transferring for 3 years. The NCAA always likes to cry about guardrails...how about guardrails against TV network cartels.
Yeah that’s all we need is congress! The feds are so good at cleaning things up!

Yeah what's the difference between Utah & BYU?
Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I'm not saying that CU didn't handle it well. RG did great, bringing his career record to 2-5,478,346 and for that he should be commended. But I don't get the people celebrating this. This sucks overall - not only for CU but all of college sports. But I think there are some people on here who'd rather be "right" than have their school be successful. So yay?
Yay! It wasn’t just RG, it was the whole administration especially PHIl and CU’s stupid academic policies that restricted our sports programs? How does this suck for CU? Because we are no longer in the pac? or is it because the last 20 yrs of crappy athletics didn’t allow us any other option?

Pods should be:

BYU, UU, UA, ASU
ISU, CU, KU, KSU
OSU, BU, TTU, TCU
UH, Cincy, WVU, UCF

ISU, KU, and KSU have too much tradition and rivalry. I don't think that should be broken up. I'd like to put OSU in instead of CU and cater to the OG Big 8 teams that didn't leave, but OSU will want to be in Texas anyway. The western pod makes sense, the Texas one does, and the Eastern pod is a bit of a mess, but that was unavoidable. It gets sorted when the ACC blows up. New schools can go over there and deal with it.

Everyone should be able to get a game in Texas almost every year this way. If not pods, give each team 2 or 3 protected rivalries.

Back