What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Also, if the conference wanted to expand, which of these do we think have the most value?

Oregon State
Washington State
UConn
USF
Memphis
SDSU
Fresno State
UNLV
Tulane
Georgia State
Boise State

I'm pretty high on USF as an AAU in FL with over 50k students. Perfect travel partner & rival for UCF.

But what I think the move is would be to stand pat and see what happens with the ACC. If someone is able to break the GOR without penalty, start extending invites.
Which have the best truck stop?

Pretty sure they're building a stadium and I don't worry about competition as much as I see the benefit of being able to pitch that we'd be playing locally to those recruit families. I think USF, Memphis, Tulane and SDSU do the most for recruiting footprint among the G5s available.

Regardless, my real hope is that CU goes on a run of winning, national popularity and expansions the next 5 years that makes us a top target for both the B1G and SEC as they consider a 24-team model.
We’d be better Scooping up FAU recruiting purposes. They already have a stadium and play in actual South Florida. But yeah, looking more for the big 2 jump as well

Pretty sure they're building a stadium and I don't worry about competition as much as I see the benefit of being able to pitch that we'd be playing locally to those recruit families. I think USF, Memphis, Tulane and SDSU do the most for recruiting footprint among the G5s available.

Regardless, my real hope is that CU goes on a run of winning, national popularity and expansions the next 5 years that makes us a top target for both the B1G and SEC as they consider a 24-team model.
Orlando already covers that area. Think it is only an hour from Tampa to Orlando

Short answer. Clean restrooms, cheap gas and plenty of pumps. The food is overrated and pricy.
Yes. Although I think their brisket sandwich is pretty decent. Not elite, in terms of Texas BBQ, but respectable for a grab and go during a road trip.

Yes. Although I think their brisket sandwich is pretty decent. Not elite, in terms of Texas BBQ, but respectable for a grab and go during a road trip.
My brother in law lives in Katy and talked about the Buc Ees brisket sandwich and so I was making the drive back to Austin and stopped in one. Wasn’t bad overall but it was pretty saucy, thought it was more like a sloppy joe. Do they have a non- sauced version?

My brother in law lives in Katy and talked about the Buc Ees brisket sandwich and so I was making the drive back to Austin and stopped in one. Wasn’t bad overall but it was pretty saucy, thought it was more like a sloppy joe. Do they have a non- sauced version?
I think so (and if not, they’d probably make one for you if you asked).

You’re a fvcking ahole and an idiot.
Blaming Spider-Man GIF

Because it’s been discussed repeatedly on here, I now hope everyone knows that we’re required to be on the P12 network the same number of games as our home non-conference games.

That said, does anyone know if the Big 12 has any dumb**** rules like that requiring us to be on ESPN+?

TBH, I’ve never heard of Buc-ee’s until about 4 weeks ago here on Allbuffs. Suddenly feel like I’m leading a sheltered existence. Then again it’s been 3 or 4 yrs since I’ve been to OK or TX.

Because it’s been discussed repeatedly on here, I now hope everyone knows that we’re required to be on the P12 network the same number of games as our home non-conference games.

That said, does anyone know if the Big 12 has any dumb**** rules like that requiring us to be on ESPN+?
Only if we’re picked last on the weekly tv pecking order, and that will literally never happen with Prime.

From what I have seen, each Big 12 school including OU has a game on ESPN+ and I think it is just one game. Those games were usually reserved for games against FCS or G5 teams. CU's ESPN+ game next year would be against NDSU in that case. And I think that is in the contract. That is for 2024 only and I haven't looked at the 2025-31 Big 12 media contract at this point.

Buc-ee’s is the physical manifestation of a 7 year-old’s mind when they find $100 in the parking lot.
Well I guess it’s a good thing that Buffs are back in the BigXII. I may have to become reacquainted with Lawrence…and possible trips to Stoolwater and see some family in OK, and search out a Bucees while going to a game!

My seven year old thinks truck stops are great. Probably since trinkets and treats are plenty. I think most of her souvenirs come from truck stops while road tripping to vacations?

Well I guess it’s a good thing that Buffs are back in the BigXII. I may have to become reacquainted with Lawrence…and possible trips to Stoolwater and see some family in OK, and search out a Bucees while going to a game!

My seven year old thinks truck stops are great. Probably since trinkets and treats are plenty. I think most of her souvenirs come from truck stops while road tripping to vacations?

I should get down to see Uncle Slayton. He's gettin' on in years.

Back