What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

In your defense, they weren't technically spelling errors.
Aew On Tnt Wrestling Match GIF by All Elite Wrestling on TNT

Hokie and Married2abuff get ready for a big weekend on Allbuffs!

Is this true or naw?

It is true for two main reasons that suck

Lower PAC12 money from the Comcast ordeal and likely the settlement with OSU and WSU, so minus $6 Million plus

Paying off Dorrell and not a mention about offset from him apparenly living under DIA and not out getting another job, WTF is going on there RG?

Is this true or naw?

I mean, the numbers are right, but tye timeframe is 7/22-7/23, so half the Prime era to this point isn’t part of that. It also feels like he’s drawing his own conclusions on the institutional support side without talking about the massive amount of branding and marketing Prime and the AD have had for the broader university.

Not to mention just glossing over the severance payments and lack of conference distributions that won’t be an issue going forward.

Real. Every Pac-12 school got hit hard. It's the reason it doesn't exist anymore.

Comparatively, I think CU and Utah are financially in the best position than the old P-12 teams. I know we have a full-TV share immediately, I'm not sure about UU. This is impressive given our bad football record for 20 years.

We do have some University debt, but nothing close to the calamity hitting other schools. Money is why the Pac-12 does not exist anymore. I don't think it was just the old TV contract or Covid, as many AD's were going into debt starting about 2013-15.

ESPN idiots picking way to early 12-team playoffs
Kansas, Utah, Kansas State, Arizona are there Big12 Champs

Agree, this is way too early projection. IMO, it is the safe route taking the Top-6 conferences and then mainly just the Big Boys-- 3 from B1G and 3 from SEC. If you have an undefeated B-12 with a 1 loss 2nd place, IMO they would have a decent shot at the CFP. Also, the B1G picks are all over the place, some have Ore and USC in there, so they must think the conference additions will adapt well, beating out Penn St. or Mich. Maybe that conference cannibalizes itself, like the P-12 did for so many years. I do not see 2 loss teams getting too much play.

Last edited:
(For the playoff) I do not see 2 loss teams getting too much play.
I didn't check before the bowl games were played, but in the last 5 years, there was only one year with more than ten 2 loss teams at season's end and that year was 11. One year it was only 6 (2018).

There will be a finite number of 2 loss teams that make the playoff, IMO, which is what will make this even more interesting going forward.

From Buffzone:

The department has an operating budget of roughly $134 million for FY24, boosted by more than $37 million in football ticket sales from last season – a $21 million jump over 2022 – as fans flocked to Folsom Field to see new head coach Deion Sanders’ squad.

21 million dollar increase in ticket sales, but FY2024 is when a lot of the p12 costs hit (payment to OSU and WSU, and no p12 network revenue along with repayments to comcast coming out of the revenue side).

FY2025 (football season in fall 2024) revenue is going to be important as it will better reflect CU’s situation moving forward. The TV contract numbers are reported as an average, but the first year numbers are not public. And neither are the 12 team playoff distribution numbers.
looks like Dorrell’s buyout rolls off the books on Dec 31, 2024, so only half of his 2.9 million salary will fall in FY 2025.

When will revenues be good enough to get CU get that baseball team?

Last edited:
Reactions: GRM
counting title 9 compliance (adding more women's sports) i do wonder what it would take to add a baseball or hockey team.

baseball would probably be better in our new conference of flyover states but hockey would be bad ass.

From Buffzone:

21 million dollar increase in ticket sales, but FY2024 is when a lot of the p12 costs hit (payment to OSU and WSU, and no p12 network revenue along with repayments to comcast coming out of the revenue side).

FY2025 (football season in fall 2024) revenue is going to be important as it will better reflect CU’s situation moving forward. The TV contract numbers are reported as an average, but the first year numbers are not public. And neither are the 12 team playoff distribution numbers.
looks like Dorrell’s buyout rolls off the books on Dec 31, 2024, so only half of his 2.9 million salary will fall in FY 2025.

When will revenues be good enough to get CU get that baseball team?
I haven't read anything pertaining to CU's repayment of the $18Mill taken during covid. The PAC had to deduct the money that was overpaid it's what was left and dispersed evenly among the members. OSU & WSU were mandated to divide "fairly" the funds that remained that was agreed to a month ago.
I would love to see a CU baseball team as I've advocated for many years...women's softball and men's baseball can achieve Title IV most economically and would fit perfectly with the B12.

Back