What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU in-state recruiting 2018

I meant for next years class. My bad. He is in next years and I was thinking the year after. So my point would be he should help next year’s class.

After scrolling through CU's offers on 247, one name that stands out is OT Barrett Miller from Eaglecrest. He's also showing offers from UCLA, Washington, Hawaii, Nebraska, and CSU.

Added Marquez and his Wyoming commitment.

Looks like Windsor OL Zach Watts also committed to Wyoming.

No D1 program recruits as many in-state players as the Pokes.

It’s incredible. If you think about it, CSU’s best days were when they recruited the guys CU didn’t.
That's when the RMS meant so much more to them than it did to CU. They've lost that and I think it's a big part of why CU has been pulling away in this series. Now it's becoming only about talent versus it being a season opener driven on emotion.

This would be interesting.

He has already been their recruiting coordinator so this follows.

I know people don't like to discuss Valor recruiting but they do, it's a reality.

Ed would probably make a very good coach. He had a sneaky level of athleticism, better than he was given credit for, but he made the NFL on his hard work and his knowledge of the game. Seems to be a guy who relates well to people.

He has already been their recruiting coordinator so this follows.

I know people don't like to discuss Valor recruiting but they do, it's a reality.

Ed would probably make a very good coach. He had a sneaky level of athleticism, better than he was given credit for, but he made the NFL on his hard work and his knowledge of the game. Seems to be a guy who relates well to people.

No one like that discussion because that is seemingly the only thing people like you are willing to discuss when it comes to Valor players.

No one like that discussion because that is seemingly the only thing people like you are willing to discuss when it comes to Valor players.

No, but it is a reality.

I have discussed in the past how playing at Valor can be a benefit to kids. Because of the talent pool they have they are often practicing against better competition than they see in most of their games. It is also though sometimes hard to tell about their players because with that talent level sometimes individuals aren't focused on like they would be playing for other programs. When Valor has three players in a position group who are going to get D1 looks opponents can't key on all of them.

Wasn’t the story about the McCaffreys that Ed wanted the Regis job and was turned down? Pretty sure that was the case, and because of that, he sent all of his kids to Valor, while Regis basically remained above average.

Wasn’t the story about the McCaffreys that Ed wanted the Regis job and was turned down? Pretty sure that was the case, and because of that, he sent all of his kids to Valor, while Regis basically remained above average.
Parents, kids, politics. You know how it goes. Regis will be better off in the long run

I think 5 state championships and becoming THE prep football program in the state of Colorado say otherwise.
Agreed, but his kids are gone after this year.

Not sure if he is a good coach or not, but seems like Valor is implementing an ASU at the High School level.

Anyone know anything about Spencer Lovell (OG) out of Rocky Mountain HS in Fort Collins? He was committed to CSU, but decommitted today and pledged to ASU.

Yep that was the case. Max was a year older than me. Played basketball against him at Regis and I got torched. Ed lobbied hard for the job, didn’t get it, and moved them all to valor. The interesting part is him leaving his radio gig to watch all of his kids play and Christian on Sundays. This seems to contradict that. Before it gets said, The McCaffrey’s don’t hate CU like lots of you say... Christian was a senior when we were awful. Not an appealing place to go and it was his parents alma mader. We didn’t even recruit Max. Dylan went to Michigan when it looked like they were going to be a powerhouse. I think we have a good chance with Luke tbh.

Getting Luke McCaffery would really seal the deal for Colorado recruiting in my opinion. Imagine if the class actually contained Evans and McCaffery, who are both likely to be big names and receive a fair amount of hype, as well as a few of the other top kids. Those two alone would be able to attract talent we haven't had an abundance of recently.

Getting Luke McCaffery would really seal the deal for Colorado recruiting in my opinion. Imagine if the class actually contained Evans and McCaffery, who are both likely to be big names and receive a fair amount of hype, as well as a few of the other top kids. Those two alone would be able to attract talent we haven't had an abundance of recently.
What position do you like for McCaffrey? WR? I'd love that, but I get the impression he wants to play QB in college.

What position do you like for McCaffrey? WR? I'd love that, but I get the impression he wants to play QB in college.

I'd like to see him as a gadget player who's main is a WR. Id sell him on being a potential NFL wr as opposed to a College QB. I think his brother at Michigan's sucess level this coming year will be huge on that decision.

I would take him as an ATH and see how it shakes out. I wouldn't want them to risk losing Evans over him, but he's a big time talent.

I really do not care either way on McCaffrey.

I view Barrett Miller as a "must get" more than any other player.

Completely agree. If we get Miller, I'd actually be ok if that was it for in-state in 2019. Not that there aren't some other guys I wouldn't be just fine with after the coaches have gone further into the evaluation process, but I don't see them as priorities right now and there are some very exciting offers out to players from other states.

I have Evans at #1. I think building the national brand will be big for CU and he will be around most big camps. He will be this years Stenstrom who recruits other players and keeps it all together hopefully. To the average person, McCaffery could show that CU is mainiting top Colorado talent that it wasn't previously (obviously his brothers went elsewhere) and if Evans ends up flipping, we have a QB for the class. I like Miller, I hope he gets a little taller and keeps putting on weight. He should blow up this summer/fall.

I have Evans at #1. I think building the national brand will be big for CU and he will be around most big camps. He will be this years Stenstrom who recruits other players and keeps it all together hopefully. To the average person, McCaffery could show that CU is mainiting top Colorado talent that it wasn't previously (obviously his brothers went elsewhere) and if Evans ends up flipping, we have a QB for the class. I like Miller, I hope he gets a little taller and keeps putting on weight. He should blow up this summer/fall.

If Evans flips, we have issues. I think having McCaffrey as some sort of strange showcase/insurance policy type recruit accomplishes very little in the end.

Miller is going to be a national recruit by May.

If Evans flips, we have issues. I think having McCaffrey as some sort of strange showcase/insurance policy type recruit accomplishes very little in the end.

Miller is going to be a national recruit by May.
Recruting him as an ATH then playing him at WR is what I want. I just think he would be a good addition and personally would like to see CU grab a McCaffery. My biggest thing for this class is an emphasis on DL, LB and OL.

Edit: I would like to see us bump up our standards this season and get after big names. Kyle Ford is a good start.

Recruting him as an ATH then playing him at WR is what I want. I just think he would be a good addition and personally would like to see CU grab a McCaffery. My biggest thing for this class is an emphasis on DL, LB and OL.
I fail to see any logic here. McCaffery is being recruited by top schools as a QB.
CU is recruiting elite WRs.
We have the #1 QB in the state already.
I'm confused.

I fail to see any logic here. McCaffery is being recruited by top schools as a QB.
CU is recruiting elite WRs.
We have the #1 QB in the state already.
I'm confused.

Yea just saying I'd like to see him around if we had space. Also, never know if Evans will stick. Not really worth discussing past this point, just a thought. I'd rather have Kyle Ford than him.

Back