What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU in-state recruiting 2018

I am tired of the McCaffreys.

They may be nice people and all, but give it a rest. They are doing exactly what I would do, put my son in the best position I can for his future. I don't think they owe CU anything, and CU owes them nothing.

I am tired of the McCaffreys.

They may be nice people and all, but give it a rest. They are doing exactly what I would do, put my son in the best position I can for his future. I don't think they owe CU anything, and CU owes them nothing.
When has that been the narrative

There's been a narrative on this site (and among CU fans in general) for a while now, that they hate CU and Ed is/has been steering his kids away. The fact of the matter is that his sons are all elite level prospects who could have gone anywhere they wanted and CU has not been an appealing option to prospects like that.

All true. I also think it would be tougher to be the Colorado QB if your last name was McCaffrey. I'm just not sure why I wouldn't send my kid to Duke, Stanford or Michigan if those choices presented themselves. I'd be very surprised if we were continuing to recruit Luke, given the Evans commitment.

I agree Holic. I will add, they don't seem to be the types of kids that want to be part of changing a team/school from losing to winning. More turn key types IMO.

I have no love for ASU, and despite the fact I'm a Colorado native, I would have a very hard time attending CSU with a Devils offer.

Just guessing here but sometimes kids grow up with a local program. He has probably gone to CSU games, been at their practices, had regular contact with coaches and players. Committing to CSU would not be a hard thing for him to do.

He then starts looking at the idea of getting away from home and gaining some independence. He also sees a different level of program, better opponents, more players getting drafted and all the rest that goes with the difference between G5 and P5.

Evans is our qb this class imho. All the staff needs to do is hang on to him.
I completely agree. Just an enthusiast, so take it for what it's worth, but I think Evans should be the top target for us. He has major offers and is on track to be a highly recruited guy. My thinking is someone like that could help us recruit skill players from tx and socal that we haven't had recently. Again all of this is on the assumption he becomes what the koolaid makes me think he can be.

Wasn’t the story about the McCaffreys that Ed wanted the Regis job and was turned down? Pretty sure that was the case, and because of that, he sent all of his kids to Valor, while Regis basically remained above average.

Ka-Ching. Regis can be whatever it chooses to be at any time, and going back to the old pre-Valor "Regis vs Mullen" heydays, Regis has never chosen to be an intensely high profile football school. If they ever do go over aggressively over the top on one sport, and the necessary recruiting, it will be basketball, and they're pretty good with that right now. I don't think Regis passed on Ed because they didn't like/respect him, they just don't want/need to be Valor. Regis is by far the best high school in Colorado, so the school is just of hangin' with that.

All true. I also think it would be tougher to be the Colorado QB if your last name was McCaffrey. I'm just not sure why I wouldn't send my kid to Duke, Stanford or Michigan if those choices presented themselves. I'd be very surprised if we were continuing to recruit Luke, given the Evans commitment.

I doubt Luke is a QB in college. In the 2/3-1/3 QB rotation Luke was in their to run the ball. Either him or handoff. Blake was the passer, he could do it all. Luke would pass to keep teams off balance. I doubt it if Big Ed runs the same rotation. I think Luke is a safety or slot receiver if he wants to play in the NFL. I saw every snap Valor played last year. I don’t know who the other QB’s on the team are for 2018, but having dad as the coach is an advantage (I would think).

Seems like he was essentially fired from Valor (maybe that should have been assumed from the beginning) to make way for McCaffrey.

Is there a comprehensive list of the PWOs?
They won't publish the full list until fall camp starts.

So far, we know about Evan Price (K) - Evergreen, Ethan Villareal (S) - Fairview, and Dustin Johnson (S) - Cherry Creek.

Vincent Colodny (TE) is supposed to visit us and Utah this month before deciding which PWO offer to accept. He's from California.

Yuracheck from Texas,

Edit, Nik beat me to it and more complete.
Thank you. I forgot to list Yurachek. That dude is a guy that a G5 of FCS program would love to have as a scholarship player. All of these guys mentioned had those kinds of opportunities, actually.

So far, we know about Evan Price (K) - Evergreen, Ethan Villareal (S) - Fairview, and Dustin Johnson (S) - Cherry Creek.

Vincent Colodny (TE) is supposed to visit us and Utah this month before deciding which PWO offer to accept. He's from California.
Cool, thanks. Spaced the kicker and one safety.

Thank you. I forgot to list Yurachek. That dude is a guy that a G5 of FCS program would love to have as a scholarship player. All of these guys mentioned had those kinds of opportunities, actually.

These seem like the kind of guys that 4-5 years ago we were giving scholarships to.

Good WO program can help you fill some holes.

These seem like the kind of guys that 4-5 years ago we were giving scholarships to.

Good WO program can help you fill some holes.
At the least it makes the scout team capable of giving your 1s a good look in practice. But it's likely to do more for you than that. A healthy WO program simply makes your entire program better.

Don't forget J.T. Murphy a RB from the same school as Moore who announced his plans during the early signing period.

The thing that having McCaffery go to CU does is helps change the narrative about the value of a CU offer. It might turn a head or two in the local media. Evans is likely the better QB prospect, but doofuses like Mark Kiszla don’t know that.

The thing that having McCaffery go to CU does is helps change the narrative about the value of a CU offer. It might turn a head or two in the local media. Evans is likely the better QB prospect, but doofuses like Mark Kiszla don’t know that.
You wouldn't take him for that reason, though. And I really have trouble justifying him as a WR when I look at the prospects CU has a good shot at right now.

You wouldn't take him for that reason, though. And I really have trouble justifying him as a WR when I look at the prospects CU has a good shot at right now.

He may have a hard time breaking into our WR line-up and I do worry about his dad getting his nose out of joint if his kid isn't playing.

Yes. That’s true. I have to admit my frustration with the Denver media, though. It would be nice if just once they had to admit we are doing something good up here. But you’re right, MM wouldn’t take a kid just because of the positive press it would bring.

I'm going to be fully elitist here, I don't care what Kiszla says and I couldn't care less what his readers think of CU. Talk about the true rubes.

Back