What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU in Yuri's top 2?

I was trolling. It doesn't have to make sense, it just has to be accurate. I also brought up that we have better weed. Not sure that goes in the recruiting pitch either.

Also, no, you can't just walk into any liquor store. For instance, here in California I cannot get anything from lefthand brewery as they don't distribute here. Also, Avery is very hard to come by. No Breckenridge either. Odells? Nope. etc..

They took it and ran with it, though. I whole bunch of people piled on about who much better there beers where and that would get them the recruits - and they weren't trolling!

It would take a lot of beer for me to tolerate living in Michigan for 4-5 years of my life. Maybe that is why their obesity figures are so high, drinking to forget where they are stuck living.

I agree somewhat...At least in ohio, most of them drink budweiser or miller . P**s water.

As has been mentioned, there are some good breweries in Michigan. However, there are more and better breweries in Colorado. **** those ****rags!

I agree somewhat...At least in ohio, most of them drink budweiser or miller . P**s water.

here is the sad part. Not a single micro in the top 10

Top Beers by Brand 2010:

Bud Light (unchanged from 2009) – 28.5% market share
Budweiser (unchanged from 2009) – 11.4% market share
Coors Light (unchanged from 2009) – 10.2% market share
Miller Lite (unchanged from 2009) – 9.1% market share
Natural Light (unchanged from 2009) – 6.0% market share
Busch Light (up from #7 in 2009) – 4.0% market share
Busch (up from #8 in 2009) – 3.6% market share
Miller High Life (up from #10 in 2009) – 2.7% market share
Keystone Light (not listed in 2009) – 2.6% market share
Natural Ice (not listed in 2009) – 1.9% market share

Top Beers by Brand 2010:

They wouldn't really be "microbrews" if they were in a top ten market share.

And whoever said Colorado and The Northwest have the best beer, needs to take a tour of California. Russian River, Alpine and of course Stone. Chippy is right to call "BS".

Finally, Yuri, let's go...Black and Gold! Go Buffs!

I haven't found better beer than Green Flash or Stone yet.

I dunno. Haven't heard a bad thing about Alpine Brewery. My wife promised to have some "Pure Hoppiness" in the fridge when I arrive home on R&R.

Why the f*ck is this on the main Board and not the recruiting thread? Don't get me wrong...I like it here but why this one? Yuri is down to Cu and Cal according to my "sources". F Michigan and F Notre Dame! You want beer? Ask the original Liver, he's from NorCal:

3140284156_d86602ff11.jpg

4378357687_913892c4a3.jpg

Stop worrying about Rippy btw...bunch of ski hippies.

Why the f*ck is this on the main Board and not the recruiting thread? Don't get me wrong...I like it here but why this one? Yuri is down to Cu and Cal according to my "sources". F Michigan and F Notre Dame! You want beer? Ask the original Liver, he's from NorCal:

3140284156_d86602ff11.jpg

4378357687_913892c4a3.jpg

Stop worrying about Rippy btw...bunch of ski hippies.

We do actually have a lengthy thread on beer in, appropriately enough, The Pub (beer on a friday afternoon).

This topic is here, because we've somehow convinced ourseleves that Yuri will go to the school that is surrounded by the best microbreweries, though I'm not sure how we reached that conclusion.

Cal sucks. Come to Boulder Yuri!

Signed,

Ski Hippie

Cal has some good breweries. So does Michigan. So does the NW. Colorado has the best. /thread.

Most people consider Oregon #1 or Colorado #1, followed by Washington at #3

These other states are just new to the party

Top Beers by Brand 2010:

Don't ever underestimate the 'Caucasian Non-Recyclable' demographic in this country.

Related material:
[video=youtube_share;8vcpXPlkF2k]http://youtu.be/8vcpXPlkF2k[/video]

This. Mostly.

Some would say Portland > Denver, but Colorado > Oregon. Cali and Washington are way up there as well.

the only people who consider Oregon #1 are people who live in Portland.

This. Mostly.

Some would say Portland > Denver, but Colorado > Oregon. Cali and Washington are way up there as well.

and I call absolute BS on the Portland > Denver. I was really disappointed when I went there a few months ago. One thing I do wish is that new Belgium would open up a tasting room downtown, maybe even an experimental brewery for some smaller batches. It would absolutely make money hand over fist.

I liked the beers in Oregon. Prefer Colorado, but most rankings have the top three in some order of Colorado, Oregon, Washington

and I call absolute BS on the Portland > Denver. I was really disappointed when I went there a few months ago. One thing I do wish is that new Belgium would open up a tasting room downtown, maybe even an experimental brewery for some smaller batches. It would absolutely make money hand over fist.

Not sure about Denver beers right now so it's hard to say for sure. I believe that Oregon outside of Portland is better beer-wise. Portland has a bunch of great brewpubs but I think there is better beer across the state right now.

Not sure about Denver beers right now so it's hard to say for sure. I believe that Oregon outside of Portland is better beer-wise. Portland has a bunch of great brewpubs but I think there is better beer across the state right now.
No ****. Best brewery in the state is in ****ing longmont/lyons of all places.

and I call absolute BS on the Portland > Denver. I was really disappointed when I went there a few months ago. One thing I do wish is that Odell would open up a tasting room downtown, maybe even an experimental brewery for some smaller batches. It would absolutely make money hand over fist.

fify

and i call absolute bs on the portland > denver. I was really disappointed when i went there a few months ago. One thing i do wish is that new belgium, odell, avery, left hand and oskar blues would open up tasting rooms downtown, maybe even an experimental brewery for some smaller batches. It would absolutely make money hand over fist.

fifm

If you haven't seen it already, I would recommend watching the movie Beer Wars -- Great flick!!

Back