What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU MBB Rankings/NET/KenPom/Bracketology Catch-All

yeah, there's a local mentality I don't fully appreciate that the Denver to Boulder trip is a BFD. I know we have posters on this board who live in Denver and have season tickets to men's hoops.

I lived most of my life at least 45 minutes from a city with population of 100k or more, and just got used to a longish road trip to get to most any interesting event.

Around Halloween, I responded to a social media post asking if there was "a Grateful Dead tribute band playing in Denver". I replied "Shakedown Street is playing the Boulder Theater that night" and the OP replied with "I said Denver" :rolleyes:
Light rail between Denver and Boulder would be a game changer. Hope I live to see it.

Creighton is a joke from what I saw. Someone enlighten me why they were top 10?! Florida State would have destroyed Creighton.
Agreed. Don't get me wrong, CSU looks very, very solid this year but Creighton is going to struggle to finish in the Top half of the Big East. They're gonna get "out athleted" by numerous teams.

Creighton is very good this year.

CSU is, at a minimum, good.

It was one game where everything went right for one side. This is basketball. It doesn't mean that Creighton sucks or that CSU is destined for the Elite Eight.
I’ll take your word for it. Yes, I haven’t watched any of Creighton’s other games, but man they were bad vs CSU.

For those wondering...the Big Ten currently has half their league sitting at 85 to 150 in NET.

Is this the year we finally don't have to suffer the hype?

For those wondering...the Big Ten currently has half their league sitting at 85 to 150 in NET.

Is this the year we finally don't have to suffer the hype?
I honestly haven't heard much B1G hype this year so far. If any conference has been hyped the media it's the XII ("we're coming!!").

Just outside the Top 25.

OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES:​

Colorado 116, Mississippi 86, Texas A&M 58, Auburn 57, Memphis 56, Alabama 43, Utah 25, Iowa St. 20, Ohio St. 9, Providence 7, San Diego St. 7, TCU 6, Nevada 5, South Carolina 3, New Mexico 2, Washington 2, Kansas St 1, Grand Canyon 1, Dayton 1, Saint Joseph's 1.

Rankings are all bull****. Week three we were 3-0 and ranked 18, then go 2-1 that week with the neutral court overtime loss to FSU and drop completely out (more than 8 spot drop).

Then in week four, 12th ranked Kentucky goes 1-1, with their loss at HOME (19k+ attendance at Rupp) to UNC Wilmington Seahawks (who has a 30 point loss to App State this year), they only dropped 4 spots to 16.

We didn't make the tourney last year and don't have brand recognition, so we get punished more for our losses.

Three loss Duke is still ranked, with losses to Arkansas and Georgia Tech. Duke's best win is against a 4-5 Michigan State team. Their other wins are Dartmouth, Bucknell, La Salle, Southern Indiana, and Charlotte.

Ugh. Just checked in on some college basketball after a busy week. St. Mary’s beats CSU in Moby?! Those jagoffs can’t keep it together vs a 5-5 team?

Very Funny Thank You GIF by Taylor Swift

Buffs at 31 and Zona at 4 in the NET ahead of tomorrow

with USC and UCLA getting their comeuppance this year for blowing up the league, Zona and Utah are our only real chances for Quad 1 wins (unless UW and Wazzu hold onto their top 75 spots)

Buffs at 31 and Zona at 4 in the NET ahead of tomorrow

with USC and UCLA getting their comeuppance this year for blowing up the league, Zona and Utah are our only real chances for Quad 1 wins (unless UW and Wazzu hold onto their top 75 spots)
Those two play the Oregon teams at home and then visit the Bay Area schools before we go up there the week of the 24th. Should go 4-0 in that stretch.

Great day for the buffs, Miami looking like it’s going to hold serve against Clemson, UNC beating North Dakota, Florida State beating Georgia Tech.
All three won. Miami looks like an ACC contender, and Florida State needs to get hot. I think that win over GT was their first W since they beat us.

Edit: They beat North Florida on December 19. Only win for the Semenholes in a December that included a loss to Lipscomb at home.

Back