What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU MBB Rankings/NET/KenPom/Bracketology Catch-All

At this time of year, it really means only 2 things. Both important, though.

1. Improves attendance and therefore revenue.

2. Makes it much easier for fans to follow results on the online scoreboards like ESPN by only viewing Top 25 instead of "all D1" which sometimes causes serious lags with the number of games that can be on at the same time.

The ranking is also validation that people in college basketball media are paying attention to CU this year. Normally a CU team without a signature win isn't ranked but enough voters recognize this team is good. College basketball media outside of Boulder know that Tristan De Silva could start on any team in the country, KJ Simpson is legit, Cody Williams was a McDonald's All-Amercian, and the team has several quality veteran role players.

The ranking is also validation that people in college basketball media are paying attention to CU this year. Normally a CU team without a signature win isn't ranked but enough voters recognize this team is good. College basketball media outside of Boulder know that Tristan De Silva could start on any team in the country, KJ Simpson is legit, Cody Williams was a McDonald's All-Amercian, and the team has several quality veteran role players.
Well, CU was ranked 27th or 28th, somewhere around there, to begin the season. So going to 25th isn’t a huge leap.

Well, CU was ranked 27th or 28th, somewhere around there, to begin the season. So going to 25th isn’t a huge leap.

maybe but not sure I can think of another team that would get the benefit of the doubt without a big win – usually some east coast brand name would leapfrog us

Been saying this for years. There's no reason every home game shouldn't be absolutely packed.

Oh wait, there is...Rick George.
I have another.

this year's football ticket sales being an outlier ("the exception that 'proves' the rule"), I stand by my assertion that Colorado is just too pro-sports leaning. The vast majority of spectators here aren't interested in watching a game that isn't being played by millionaires.

The lady Buffs are #3 overall. WOW, hooping it up in Boulder!!!
Lady Buffs are killing it. They very much feel like the 2016 football team of The Rise. Lots of seniority and continuity, it could be a very special year, but might have a fall off next year as most of our starters are Seniors/Grad Students this year. I think Vonleh will be the cornerstone of next years team.

Been saying this for years. There's no reason every home game shouldn't be absolutely packed.

On the RG thing, I just think he doesn’t get basketball. He appreciates their success, but he’s a football guy at heart. Nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is. The alternative is Mike Bohn who did get basketball and made sure those programs were adequately supported. I don’t think you can have an AD who isn’t one or the other.

On the RG thing, I just think he doesn’t get basketball. He appreciates their success, but he’s a football guy at heart. Nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is. The alternative is Mike Bohn who did get basketball and made sure those programs were adequately supported. I don’t think you can have an AD who isn’t one or the other.
Totally agree. But after all these years, I would think he would at least task it to an Asst AD and put a little bit of effort/resources toward it. I mean how hard is it to advertise a bit more, offer free/discounted tickets to organizations, lower the price on the seats that are ALWAYS empty, throw some incentives to the students/CUnit for attendance and enthusiasm? I honestly don't believe he would even come to games if he didn't have to schmooze alumni and donors.

boogie nights GIF

Buffs BB is an exceptional value. If I lived nearby I'd have season tickets. They are relatively cheap and easy to get compared to other college teams. By a lot!
"best entertainment value in Boulder"

I've often felt that the longest road trip in all of college sports is the 30 miles from Denver to Boulder. I wish more people understood that biggest bang for their sports entertainment dollar might be CU's Men's and Women's basketball teams.

I've often felt that the longest road trip in all of college sports is the 30 miles from Denver to Boulder. I wish more people understood that biggest bang for their sports entertainment dollar might be CU's Men's and Women's basketball teams.
yeah, there's a local mentality I don't fully appreciate that the Denver to Boulder trip is a BFD. I know we have posters on this board who live in Denver and have season tickets to men's hoops.

I lived most of my life at least 45 minutes from a city with population of 100k or more, and just got used to a longish road trip to get to most any interesting event.

Around Halloween, I responded to a social media post asking if there was "a Grateful Dead tribute band playing in Denver". I replied "Shakedown Street is playing the Boulder Theater that night" and the OP replied with "I said Denver" :rolleyes:

Back