What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU MBB Rankings/NET/KenPom/Bracketology Catch-All

Draftking doesn't not have Colorado listed on the odd list, that means they don't think Colorado is on the bubble. So if you want to know their opinion, they think Colorado is in already
Is the argument against CU the weak OOC schedule? We're the only team out of the four who played in Daytona who is even in conversation for the tournament today. Miami blew ass. I think the only team we played OOC who will get in to the tournament as an at large is CSU.

I'd keep playing CSU, and I'd add a team like New Mexico home and home the next couple of years. ****, I'd even play the bugeaters. Add Maui (unless they ask either us or ISU to play in 2025 to avoid a game between Big 12 opponents) and fill the OOC with the UNCs of the world. Conference play is going to be brutal, and I think playing a couple NCAA tournament teams in the OOC (especially programs who don't appear to be going away in UNM and CSU-as long as they can keep their coaches) would help us. Need to give what should be a young team next year a chance at some good wins OOC. Obviously being asked to take part in a Big 12/SEC challenge might change things, but I think this is a good blueprint.

Is the argument against CU the weak OOC schedule? We're the only team out of the four who played in Daytona who is even in conversation for the tournament today. Miami blew ass. I think the only team we played OOC who will get in to the tournament as an at large is CSU.

I'd keep playing CSU, and I'd add a team like New Mexico home and home the next couple of years. ****, I'd even play the bugeaters. Add Maui (unless they ask either us or ISU to play in 2025 to avoid a game between Big 12 opponents) and fill the OOC with the UNCs of the world. Conference play is going to be brutal, and I think playing a couple NCAA tournament teams in the OOC (especially programs who don't appear to be going away in UNM and CSU-as long as they can keep their coaches) would help us. Need to give what should be a young team next year a chance at some good wins OOC. Obviously being asked to take part in a Big 12/SEC challenge might change things, but I think this is a good blueprint.
Most of our concerns are naturally resolved when we join big12.

Pac12 sucks.

My guess is CU vs TCU and MSU vs St. John's in the first four.
Eddie against his old team and Izzo vs Pitino.

Oklahoma with the big snub but I'd be shocked if only 3 big east teams made it. Easiest team to kick out from an over represented conference that lost early in their tournament.

Draftking doesn't not have Colorado listed on the odd list, that means they don't think Colorado is on the bubble. So if you want to know their opinion, they think Colorado is in already
If St John’s and Okie are IN and we’re last four byes the tourney just expanded to 69

Odd. During football season we had our own CU Draftkings betting page.

Dude, if Vegas is not listing us as a bubble team, it's because they consider us a lock to be in, not out.

It’s impossible for SJ and Okie to be in and CU have a bye. If you think CU is a lock, Split your stake proportionately between Okie snd SJ “no”.

Free money
Both of them are very close to be in, why do you think one of them have to be out?

Yeah we should be straight in. Four Q1 wins. Two wins over Oregon and Wazzu. Undefeated in Quad 3-4.
Should be.

I can see the scenario where the committee is willing to overlook a Q3/Q4 loss or two if you have some impressive wins against teams that are getting high seeds. The thought being that sort of selection injects a little more opportunity fit Cinderellas capable of pulling off the upsets, and the q3/q4 loses are irrelevant.

I disagree with that line of thinking, but I think it's a big part of why Q1 wins are so valued.

For everyone criticizing Joe Lunardi, he got 67 of 68 picks right. Only missed Virginia in and Oklahoma out.

The reason it is comparable is because Colorado was a consensus “in” among bracketologists in 2011 and was considered a a significant snub by everyone compared to the teams put in over them.

The selection to the tournament is ultimately subjective and up to the whims of committee members, metrics can be used to fit any narrative.
Just because you can find a couple articles saying we were a "snub", it doesn't mean it was the concensus.

We were firmly to n the bubble, and everyone here knew we had an uphill battle to get in.

I am not a fan of Lunardi's, but people here were saying he was clueless or biased to the East Coast. Neither was true.
My dude- two things:

-Saying he got 67/68 ”picks right” is not the proof point that you think it is. Firstly, you mean that he correctly predicted 67/68 teams to make the tournament. He was off on his seeding on a number of teams. Secondly, check out bracket matrix. The vast, vast majority of brackets missed only Oklahoma being out instead of Virginia. The only other semi “surprise” was St John’s not making it; roughly 1/3 of brackets had them in. The rest was consensus.

-just because he was aligned with the committee on the teams that made the tournament does not in any way prove that he’s not biased towards the east coast. Equally possible is that the committee was also biased towards the east coast.

Back