What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU MBB Rankings/NET/KenPom/Bracketology Catch-All

I don’t think lunardi has as much pull as you guys think
I don't think that was the point being made to me. It's not that Lundardi has pull. It's that ESPN has a ton of power to drive perception and they will constantly emphasize their own bracketology and BPI (which has CU at #64). Anyone watching a game or reading an article from them will see things that normalize the idea that Miss State is much more worthy of a Dance invite than CU.

ESPN much more likely to push SEC, ACC and to a lesser extent the Big 12. So, yeah, I do worry about seeing a Miss State getting talked about as solidly in with a 10-seed while having the same NET and an equivalent resume as CU.

P.S. After posting this, I checked NET against ESPN bracketology again.

CU: 42 NET / Last 4 Out (4th)
MSU: 41 NET / 10 Seed
Ole Miss: 67 NET / Last Team In

Now I've changed my mind about wanting Ole Miss to pull the upset at MSU tonight. That just means they're both in because MSU would have to fall apart the rest of the year to be out... since apparently CU has to be rated more that 25 spots higher than an SEC team to be selected over it.

It's weird how they use the NET rankings and to what extent but it's obviously not the only thing they're looking at. Seems like they're putting alot of emphasis on quad 1 wins, Wake and us only have one quad 1 win while Ole Miss and MSU each have 3.

Wake Forest:
27 NET / First four out

That would still not get them in. We're in the next four out in most bracketology.
I’m beginning to think we need a six game win streak minimum. The Pac 12 has been horrible. We really need 23 wins. Minimum.

Wake, who is right there in bubble territory with us, just got a huge win over Duke. Not good. Duke had a chance with the ball down by 2 but threw it away with just a few seconds left.

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

And despite all the "carnage" Lunardi moves CU up just from #7 out to #4 out with Utah staying at #2 out despite getting anally violated by 24

Win 3 out of the last 4 and get a couple wins in Vegas. We'd still probably sweat it out come Selection Sunday, but that's probably the minumum.

Win 3 out of the last 4 and get a couple wins in Vegas. We'd still probably sweat it out come Selection Sunday, but that's probably the minumum.
You really think we would have to make it to the championship? If we win 3 of 4 we will be a top 4 seed.

Best case scenario - win all four games, thus winning the tiebreaker with Oregon. UCLA has to play at both Washington and WSU, plus Arizona at home. Very good chance they lose at least one game.

In that scenario, we would finish 13-7 and finish 3rd in the standings. Win against the #6 seed, then beat Washington St in the Semis, and CU is playing for the Conference title against Arizona.

Even with a loss to Arizona, we pick-up several quality wins and finish 24-10. Win 8 of last 9 games, and a near shoo-in for the NCAA Tourney. It’s all still in front of this team if the players and coaches go get it.

Last edited:
After yesterday:

#35 NET
#30 KenPom

We should also get some more love on ESPN since yesterday moved us +12 in their BPI that no one else uses but they make their main thing for Bracketology. Now #52.

Cal & Stanford are #115 & #116 NET, so games we need to win that won't improve our NET much other than allowing us to hold or improve vs teams rated around us.

Best case scenario - win all four games, thus winning the tiebreaker with Oregon. UCLA has to play at both Washington and WSU, plus Arizona at home. Very good chance they lose at least one game.

In that scenario, we would finish 13-7 and finish 3rd in the standings. Win against the #6 seed, then beat Washington St in the Semis, and CU is playing for the Conference title against Arizona.

Even with a loss to Arizona, we pick-up several quality wins and finish 24-10. Win 8 of last 9 games, and a near shoo-in for the NCAA Tourney. It’s all still in front of this team if the players and coaches go get it.

Wait . . . best case scenario is winning all our remaining games? This is the content I'm here for. Thanks.

Not much of relevance today but Michigan State, solidly in at this point, just lost at home to Ohio State which should bounce Sparty down a bit.

Memphis isn't in any conversations but they beat FAU today which may move Memphis a little closer to bubble terriroty.

Wait . . . best case scenario is winning all our remaining games? This is the content I'm here for. Thanks.
Best case scenario is not just CU winning all our remaining conference games, but also includes UCLA losing at least a game. Otherwise, we are the 4 seed and probably knocked-out in the Semis in the PAC 12 Tourney, which means fewer quality wins needed to get an NCAA Tourney bid. Beating WSU on a neutral court could be meaningful to our NET ranking.

Last edited:
Back