What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU MBB Rankings/NET/KenPom/Bracketology Catch-All

Through March 8:

#30 NET (Indiana State swapped spots with us last night)
#32 KenPom

Games we care about today (NET in parentheses):

Buffs (30) at Oregon State (158), 3pm, PACN

Georgetown (204) at St. John's (37), 10am, Fox
Memphis (71) at FAU (33), 10am, CBS
Siena (353) at Iona (207), 11am, ESPN+
Oklahoma (40) at Texas (26), 12pm, ESPN
Texas A&M (49) at Ole Miss (80), 12pm, CBS
Creighton (11) at Villanova (31), 12:30, Fox
South Carolina (47) at Miss State (39), 12:30, SECN
William & Mary (325) vs Towson (154) in CAA tournament, 12:30
Richmond (70) at George Mason (93), 12:30
USF (73) at Tulsa (196), 1pm, ESPN+
Utah Tech (279) at SFA (167), 1pm, ESPN+
Northern Iowa (104) vs Indiana State (29), 1:30, CBSSN
Miami (95) at Florida State (98), 2pm, ESPN2 - good wins better for the resume than good losses
CSU (36) at AFA (270), 2pm
Florida (28) at Vanderbilt (216), 2:30, SECN
UCF (67) at TCU (38), 3pm, ESPN+
Grambling (292) at Alabama State (314), 3pm
Baylor (13) at Texas Tech (35), 4pm, ESPN2
Bradley (57) vs Drake (46), 4pm, CBSSN - MVC tournament
Clemson (24) at Wake Forest (41), 4pm, ACCN
Utah (48) at Oregon (68), 5pm, PACN
NC State (83) at Pittsburgh (43), 5:45, CW
UConn (3) at Providence (61), 6pm, Fox
GA Tech (124) at Virginia (50), 6pm, ACCN
New Mexico (27) at Utah State (32), 6:30, CBSSN
DePaul (322) at Seton Hall (63), 6:30, FS1
Minnesota (82) at Northwestern (52), 7pm, BTN
Arizona (4) at USC (99), 8pm, ESPN
UNLV (75) at Nevada (34), 8:30, CBSSN
ASU (123) at UCLA (119), 9pm, FS1

Besides lack of Q1 wins and a weak road record, the other negative on CU's resume is its non-conference strength of schedule. So we can benefit quite a bit if Iona, Towson, Richmond, Milwaukee, CSU, FSU, Miami, Grambling, Utah Tech and UNCO all finish well. Pepperdine is done after losing to San Diego last night in the WCC tournament.

Of note for Pac-12 tournament, if Oregon & ASU win we'll have a 5-way tie for 5th and I have no idea how those tiebreakers would work out for P12T seeding. Looks like CU with the 3-seed will get the 6 vs 11 winner and the 11 will be Stanford, USC or ASU (ASU could also be the 6 from that 5th place tie if they win today).

A Clemson win today would really help by knocking Wake further down on the bubble

Would like to avoid USC and UCLA in our first game. High risk, low reward. Stanford would be nice.
I want nothing to do with Stanford. They're a tough match up for us and gave us everything we could handle at home. I'd take UCLA (revenge) on a neutral court above the other two.

I want nothing to do with Stanford. They're a tough match up for us and gave us everything we could handle at home. I'd take UCLA (revenge) on a neutral court above the other two.
I don’t think we match well with players like Bona (or UAs big “B”). These massive post players are this team’s kryptonite.

I still don't understand how winning on the road at Oregon State is a bigger jump then Oregon.

I still don't understand how winning on the road at Oregon State is a bigger jump than Oregon.
A bit of what other teams did. A bit of having good numbers added to our O, D and Rebounding metrics. I'll be very interested to see if the NET moves as favorably as KenPom did.

A lot of bit for what other teams did. We jumped florida, nova, and new mexico, all of whom lost. Also efficiency matters, so a blow out is good for metrics. I think we went from 17.7 to 18.2 on kenpom today. Would be very curious what we were before and after the Oregon game. Does anyone have that?

USC over Zona by 13.

Our sweep of USC just got a lot stronger. They came in at #99 NET. It's a long shot that they finish with a Top 75 to make our road win Q1, but potentially if they follow this with a win or two in the P12T.

UCLA beats ASU and clinches the 5th seed. Buffs will play the winner of Utah/Stanford on Thursday. Need one more win.
Looks like we get the winner of ASU/Utah. Bracket could not be much better for us. UA likely needs to get past USC and UCLA. If we be beat WSU even Lunardi would have to make us a lock. We should be in anyway unless there's a major meltdown.

Looks like we get the winner of ASU/Utah. Bracket could not be much better for us. UA likely needs to get past USC and UCLA. If we be beat WSU even Lunardi would have to make us a lock. We should be in anyway unless there's a major meltdown.

Yeah, ASU not Stanford, my bad.

Back