What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU MBB Rankings/NET/KenPom/Bracketology Catch-All

Up to 28 in NET rankings after Saturday.

Lunardi and other ignorant ****s who try to make their brackets fit their agendas and make nonsense statements about teams they’re clueless about can go **** off. Too much face time for that moron and if people hear things enough, they will believe it.

I’m really happy with our final regular season standing and how the conference tournament bracket shaped up, so let’s go out and win a couple of games in the Pac-12 tournament and pull off a 6 or 7 seed in the NCAA tournament and show those dumbass bracketology pundits just how clueless they are. Go Buffs!

I was convinced that if the Buffs went undefeated their last 4 they'd be in regardless, now I'm convinced they aren't guaranteed to get in even if they win one game in the pac tournament. I think the only guarantee for them to get in is two wins in the pac tournament.

For those of you paying attention to Lunardi.

I was convinced that if the Buffs went undefeated their last 4 they'd be in regardless, now I'm convinced they aren't guaranteed to get in even if they win one game in the pac tournament. I think the only guarantee for them to get in is two wins in the pac tournament.
You will feel better after the brackets are updated for all of this weekend’s games. The Buffs are safely in.

Some games today that we care about:

Nebraska (40 NET) at Michigan. Go Maize & Blue!

Wisconsin (22) at Purdue. Let's see if the Badgers can keep losing without it hurting them in any way. (They're 3-7 in their last 10 games.)

Drake (47) vs Indiana St (26) for MVC tourney auto bid. We want ISU here.

Towson (152) vs UNC Wilmington in CAA tourney quarterfinals. Some resume help would be appreciated.

Ohio State (60) at Rutgers. Buckeyes somehow still in some bubble conversations and that needs to end.

Illinois at Iowa (57). Time for the Iowa talk to end.

Idaho State vs Northern Colorado (174) in Big Sky Rd2. Little bit of a resume bump, please.

You will feel better after the brackets are updated for all of this weekend’s games. The Buffs are safely in.
Agree, but I think the First Four might be a possibility depending on how this week goes. Root for Utah Wednesday night, beat them Thursday, and then beat Washington State (I've had to tell a couple of their fans who don't think we belong that I hope they have a wonderful time in the Group of 5).

Get to the Pac 12 final.

Like others have said: the Pac12 bracket could not have been set up better for us.

Screen Shot 2024-03-10 at 11.18.01 AM.png

Here is what the Pac12 NET rankings are currently:

Screen Shot 2024-03-10 at 11.29.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2024-03-10 at 11.14.14 AM.png

If Utah can manage to get into the top 50 after a win over ASU and a loss to CU we can notch another Quad 1.
Beating Wazzou in the semifinals would be another Quad 1 so we should root for them over Cal/Stanford.

On the other side of the bracket we definitely want Oregon to win the first game to solidify their NET in the top 75.
I think we are hoping that USC goes on a run, removes Arizona for us, and gets into the top 75. That would move a current quad 2 W to a quad 1.
In that scenario Washington might be in jeopardy of dropping out of the top 75 but I'd rather have USC remove Arizona.

If all things fall into place we could go from 1-5 in quad 1 to 5-5 in a week and a half.

That should rocket us up the bracket since our only real blemish is our lack of good wins on paper.

False. Need to win the Pac 12 tournament and get an automatic bid. Otherwise we'll be on the road in the NIT first round.

It’s honestly baffling. The only places where CU is “weak” is Q1 wins and arguably SOR and BPI, but there are teams that are considered to comfortably in with blemishes that I would argue are much greater than CUs. I really don’t get the love for Seton Hall, UVA, and FAU for example.

It’s honestly baffling. The only places where CU is “weak” is Q1 wins and arguably SOR and BPI, but there are teams that are considered to comfortably in with blemishes that I would argue are much greater than CUs. I really don’t get the love for Seton Hall, UVA, and FAU for example.
How about Villanova? They would literally have a losing record if they didn't get 4 games against craptastic DePaul & Georgetown in conference play. I respect some of their wins, but they're just as likely to lose to a Xavier as they are to beat a Texas Tech.

Some updates:

Nebraska won
Wisconsin lost
Drake is up 16 in 2H on Indiana State (bubble buster?)

So who are we rooting for to face in the first game

Benefits to either team. If Utah wins its another Q1 opponent on a neutral court. If ASU wins we won't have to worry about Utah getting a Dance bid over us, provided the Buffs beat ASU of course. Either way I don't think it matters, just win thursday regardless of opponent and I think we're in.

Drake wins.

Buffs will move up a spot in NET, but that might mean there is 1 fewer at-large bids if Indiana State is going to get the nod (they're very bubbly).

I am getting 2011 vibes. Just bizarre to me that WSU at 45 net is a 6 seed and #28 Colorado is a last 4 in.

The narrative seems so similar that Colorado is barely deserving.

I am getting 2011 vibes. Just bizarre to me that WSU at 45 net is a 6 seed and #28 Colorado is a last 4 in.

The narrative seems so similar that Colorado is barely deserving.
I made this point earlier, but 2011 our metrics were bad, but had some marquee wins.

I'm not even sure we had a NET/RPI watch thread back then.

I made this point earlier, but 2011 our metrics were bad, but had some marquee wins.

I'm not even sure we had a NET/RPI watch thread back then.
Colorado was unanimously considered as getting screwed in 2011. Everyone thought they were deserving and should have been in. It wasn’t just homers.

Colorado was unanimously considered as getting screwed in 2011. Everyone thought they were deserving and should have been in. It wasn’t just homers.

The road losses @Harvard and San Francisco(lost in OT), and the home loss to A&M(again lost in OT after collapsing in the final minute of regulation) are what did them in. Win one of those games, espcially the OT ones, and the '11 team was probably in. It was that close. They ended up being the #1 seed in the NIT that year I believe.

The road losses @Harvard and San Francisco(lost in OT), and the home loss to A&M(again lost in OT after collapsing in the final minute of regulation) are what did them in. Win one of those games, espcially the OT ones, and the '11 team was probably in. It was that close. They ended up being the #1 seed in the NIT that year I believe.
That’s not how it was viewed then. Every publication said Colorado was jobbed by the committee and was deserving.
They could spin the narrative for dozens of teams as to why they were in/out.

That’s not how it was viewed then. Every publication said Colorado was jobbed by the committee and was deserving.
Fair or not, there are things you can get away with when you're a traditional power people will tune to watch which CU cannot get away with. If UCLA had CU's resume this year, they'd be considered a 5-7 seed right now.

it didn’t help that our major wins (outside of upsetting UT?) were just beating KSU three times

No one is arguing this. They’re pointing out that our metrics this time are MUCH stronger than they were in ‘11.

The point is the '11 team did just enough to give the committee doubt. This year is similar when you look at their road record in conference, the loss to Cal for instance. That's why I think we need one more win to be sure, especially given who the opponent will be.

That's why I think we need one more win to be sure, especially given who the opponent will be.
This is my point. Colorado has multiple highly relevant data points that are better, in some cases significantly, than many other teams that are “safe”.

The narrative that they are still a bubble team is ridiculous to me. But apparently the name on the jersey matters more.

Back