What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU MBB Rankings/NET/KenPom/Bracketology Catch-All

If Colorado wins the Pac tournament, playing Utah, WSU, and UVA, suddenly we have Q1 wins, and a better record than many teams considered 5-7 seeds.

Makes me a little nervous that someone who said this:

Is on the tournament selection committee.

So at the end of the day, just win. The conference bracket set up for us to make a run and with a locked in TDS, anything is possible.

Doesn't us being in help them financially? Especially if we win a couple games?

Doesn't us being in help them financially? Especially if we win a couple games?
You're talking about the guy who told Business Insider that departure of the school which was the Big 12's top target made things better as he represents a school told by every major conference that his school represented negative value for them.

And you want him to be logical?

You're talking about the guy who told Business Insider that departure of the school which was the Big 12's top target made things better as he represents a school told by every major conference that his school represented negative value for them.

And you want him to be logical?
I figured I get this response. The only reason I asked the question is because OSU could use every last dime.

Last edited:
Over the years, Tad has given a lot of time to coaching amateur USA teams. I'm surprised that doesn't improve CU's 'look' for some of these people. There is no question we should be in.

Tad was outspoken during cheating scandals a few years back. He pointed fingers. I wonder if some of the selection/prognosis people are holding a grudge.

Ranked 27 in NET and 27 in KenPom as of today. CU seems more like 6 or 7 seed than what some bracket nerds are showing as a 10 or 11 seed.

Ranked 27 in NET and 27 in KenPom as of today. CU seems more like 6 or 7 seed than what some bracket nerds are showing as a 10 or 11 seed.
If we win two games in the tourney against Utah and WSU, we suddenly have a better record, NET, KenPom, and as many quad 1 wins as Wisconsin, who like 4-10 the last two months, yet is still getting 6 seed love.

I'm thinking back to the last time CU was exiting a conference, in 2011. The Buffs beat an Elite Eight team three times and won four against top 25 opponents, but were snubbed by the tourney selection committee. ESPN even had a live feed to the Selection Sunday party at Coach Boyle's house. Rumors ran wild that the commissioner of that conference, who was on the selection committee, put the kibosh on the Buffs.

I will much prefer the storyline where CU wins the PAC XII championship in its first and last years in the conference.

I'm thinking back to the last time CU was exiting a conference, in 2011. The Buffs beat an Elite Eight team three times and won four against top 25 opponents, but were snubbed by the tourney selection committee. ESPN even had a live feed to the Selection Sunday party at Coach Boyle's house. Rumors ran wild that the commissioner of that conference, who was on the selection committee, put the kibosh on the Buffs.

I will much prefer the storyline where CU wins the PAC XII championship in its first and last years in the conference.

Don’t look now, but the Oregon State AD is on this year’s selection committee.

Through March 13th games:

#26 NET
#26 KenPom

Also notable is that Utah NET improved from 52 to 48 after last night. There's a chance that if we beat them they won't drop below 50 and it will be a Quad 1 win. With Washington, they only dropped from 67 to 69 after the loss so that road win finishes as a Quad 1. From the land of the unlikely, USC moved from 92 to 85, so if they beat Arizona they could end up improving enough that our road win becomes a Quad 1.

Multiple bracketology websites have moved Colorado to first 4 out due to games yesterday.

Despite an obviously strong resume, Buffs can’t lose today to give the committee an excuse to keep them out.

Multiple bracketology websites have moved Colorado to first 4 out due to games yesterday.

Despite an obviously strong resume, Buffs can’t lose today to give the committee an excuse to keep them out.
Which ones are you seeing. We win we are a lock to be in. We lose we will be sweating it out (which I find ridiculous but oh well).

The point is the '11 team did just enough to give the committee doubt. This year is similar when you look at their road record in conference, the loss to Cal for instance. That's why I think we need one more win to be sure, especially given who the opponent will be.
Think bigger. Say we win and Wazzu wins today. Win that game tomorrow and we are in, and also not having to worry about the First Four.

That's what I'm pulling for today. Don't want to see any Cougin' it.

What is the highest seed we would get if we win the P12 tourney? That would mean we would beat a current #2 and #6 seed. I'm thinking 7 just because nobody has been giving the Buffs any love this year.

Seems there are selection criteria that have little to do with how good the team is.

Is there another team that has 3 likely draft choices? Are the SI people touting this?

Don’t look now, but the Oregon State AD is on this year’s selection committee.
If anything seems he would push to get CU in, if not a high seed, since we owned their ass, including in their house. He can then better project that he got beat by a(nother) good NCAA tourney team.

Makes me a little nervous that someone who said this:

Is on the tournament selection committee.

So at the end of the day, just win. The conference bracket set up for us to make a run and with a locked in TDS, anything is possible.

If my knowledge of the way the committee works is correct.......doesn't Barnes have to leave the room when they're talking about Pac 12 teams?

Having Pollard from Iowa State in the room can help. Would have to think he'd do what he can to talk CU up in the committee rooms because it would benefit his conference.

Back