What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU MBB Rankings/NET/KenPom/Bracketology Catch-All

I can’t remember who posted this site, but it basically allows you to see similar resumes of basketball teams going back to 2008, and to find teams who have had similar efficiency profiles over the same timeframe:

Key takeaways:

• Teams with resumes similar to Colorado’s have generally landed on the 8/9 seed line (average 8.5)
  • Only 3/10 advanced past the first round and only 1/10 made the Sweet 16
  • Tourney Teams with efficiency profiles similar to colorado’s have fared better- they’ve typically been around a 6/7 seed and all but 4 of the 10 most similar advanced past the first round, with one team making the Elite 8 and one team making the Final 4
I thought it was interesting- just a good way to kill a little time before the game

With Kansas having a subpar year by their standards I wonder if the committee will send them elsewhere instead of Omaha.

On second thought, nah won't happen

Oddity in the net rankings, Auburn is 5th right now, but 1-7 in quad 1 games. They are 10-0 in quad 2. Bracket Matrix has them slotted as a 4 seed.

KenPom loves Auburn. Has them #4.
Looking at it in more detail, that Q1 record doesn’t include todays win over MS State, and they beat South Carolina so badly yesterday that it made them drop out of the top 50 and cost them two Q1 wins. Their non conference is similar to ours, some wins over some power teams that were supposed to be good (USC and Indiana) that ended up being crappy teams.

Oddity in the net rankings, Auburn is 5th right now, but 1-7 in quad 1 games. They are 10-0 in quad 2. Bracket Matrix has them slotted as a 4 seed.

Yea, I guess I don't understand the NET rankings enough to know how Auburn is ranked so high despite that 1-7 record as you said

I still feel very confident about getting in but enough has happened tonight to make things a little dicey - UNM a possible bid stealer, an AAC possible bid stealer, NC State, and now Oregon

This is a very strange years. Lots of super high quality bubble teams, and some aren't getting in. If anyone in top 30 in NET is left out, they gotta throw that system away and find a new one. If you are a top 30 team and can't make the tournament then you shouldn't be defined as a top 30 team.

I still feel very confident about getting in but enough has happened tonight to make things a little dicey - UNM a possible bid stealer, an AAC possible bid stealer, NC State, and now Oregon
If I were a person who has money, I’d wager pretty heavily that they won’t get in. Colorado almost always gets left out when they’re on the bubble. Remember that team with Cory Higgins and Alec Burks from like 13 or so years ago? They weren’t even considered to be on the bubble and they got left out anyway.

If St Johns, Seton Hall and Virginia are truly the first 3 out ... we're screwed. The biased-as-**** committee absolutely puts all of them in before us.

You shouldn't feel dicey. Lunardi didn't even have us as one of his 6 bubble teams in his morning update. We weren't in his "last four byes" or his "last 4 in", which means even to his dumb ass, nothing that happened today effected Colorado.

Episode 4 Luke GIF by Star Wars

Jerry Palm of CBS Sports just said we will not make the Tournament.
Yeah, I think we’re out. Too many bids stolen today and too much bias to overcome. No way 4 Pac 12 teams get in. It’s 2011 all over again. And what it clearly says is that NET is meaningless, when it was supposed to be the great decider.

Yeah, I think we’re out. Too many bids stolen today and too much bias to overcome. No way 4 Pac 12 teams get in. It’s 2011 all over again. And what it clearly says is that NET is meaningless, when it was supposed to be the great decider.
You realize we were in the 60's in RPI in 2011 right?

We were absolutely a fringe bubble team that year.

You realize we were in the 60's in RPI in 2011 right?

We were absolutely a fringe bubble team that year.

True, but Seattle's right about the 4 bids to the Pac. For the past month it's been all about how the Pac is a 2 bid conference. Seems highly unlikely that they're going to double that. Hope I'm wrong, but I think Oregon stole our spot.

Back