What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

With every tweet, I get the distinct impression KD did not like MMac.
My guess is that he and Viska came from a winning culture with more hard-nosed, killer instinct coaches. They probably thought it wouldn't bother them if they were winning but they weren't so... Just my thoughts on why he might not like Mac.

Be careful making assumptions with KD and likeability. More than a few teammates questioned his lack of "team first" process this past season, from what I've heard.
I find that surprising considering how he behaved in press conferences. Granted, he could be putting up a front for the cameras, but every time he was interviewed he was very team-oriented unless they lost, then he took it upon himself to be blamed for the loss e.g. Oregon State game when he popped off but dropped a couple and said it was his fault not the teams.

They certainly do. Last year KD was JMac's backup. KD was moved outside this year to get him on the field.
If KD was unhappy, it was because he wasn't the featured receiver and had nothing to do with JMac. People are starting to start **** they know nothing about.

DtrnvFpW0AALhbl.jpg:large

https://cubuffs.com/news/2018/12/5/tucker-named-head-football-coach-at-colorado.aspx

George has proposed that CU's Board of Regents approve a five-year deal for Tucker worth $14.75 million of which the first-year salary would be $2.4 million and then increase by $275,000 annually, not including additional pay if any of several incentives in the contract are met. The Regents must approve Tucker's contract, which campus leaders hope to present for their consideration at their Dec. 12 special meeting in Denver.

Be careful making assumptions with KD and likeability. More than a few teammates questioned his lack of "team first" process this past season, from what I've heard.

I at times got some of that impression from him but as things degenerated and the losing set in that applied to multiple players as MM lost the respect of the team and control of his locker room.

Just guessing here but my impression is that Coach Tucker will have the attention of the players and those who aren't with the program 100% will find themselves leaving.

Tucker quotes:

"Colorado has always been a place that I thought should be relevant in the national championship conversation year-in and year-out, because of its tradition and a seemingly endless list of what the school has to offer," Tucker said. "What we have to offer are some of the best facilities in the country, strong academics, and an amazing environment as a whole. Colorado should be a 'no excuse' program. There's absolutely no reason we can't achieve success at an extremely high level.

"I can remember when Colorado was dominant with players like Kordell Stewart, Rashaan Salaam, Chris Hudson, Darian Hagan, Alfred Williams and others," Tucker continued. "Colorado always had difference makers and was very dynamic on both sides of the ball. That's the imprint instilled in my mind when it came to CU. My plan is to continue to restore that tradition and make sure that Colorado once again becomes an elite national program. There's not a better place in America to live, to coach and go to school."

https://cubuffs.com/news/2018/12/5/tucker-named-head-football-coach-at-colorado.aspx

George has proposed that CU's Board of Regents approve a five-year deal for Tucker worth $14.75 million of which the first-year salary would be $2.4 million and then increase by $275,000 annually, not including additional pay if any of several incentives in the contract are met. The Regents must approve Tucker's contract, which campus leaders hope to present for their consideration at their Dec. 12 special meeting in Denver.

I wonder-and I'm just speculating here........but maybe Tucker took a bit less for himself so he could bring James Coley as his OC? $1m and total control of the offense?

"Colorado should be a 'no excuse' program. There's absolutely no reason we can't achieve success at an extremely high level."

I need to change my pants.

"My plan is to continue to restore that tradition and make sure that Colorado once again becomes an elite national program. There's not a better place in America to live, to coach and go to school."

I need to change them again.

Last edited:
That number is only base salary. I am guessing he has some very attainable incentives that will boost the overall number.

Tucker quotes:

"Colorado has always been a place that I thought should be relevant in the national championship conversation year-in and year-out, because of its tradition and a seemingly endless list of what the school has to offer," Tucker said. "What we have to offer are some of the best facilities in the country, strong academics, and an amazing environment as a whole. Colorado should be a 'no excuse' program. There's absolutely no reason we can't achieve success at an extremely high level.

"I can remember when Colorado was dominant with players like Kordell Stewart, Rashaan Salaam, Chris Hudson, Darian Hagan, Alfred Williams and others," Tucker continued. "Colorado always had difference makers and was very dynamic on both sides of the ball. That's the imprint instilled in my mind when it came to CU. My plan is to continue to restore that tradition and make sure that Colorado once again becomes an elite national program. There's not a better place in America to live, to coach and go to school."
giphy.gif

AcceptableDependableIrrawaddydolphin-small.gif

Back