What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

You start that thread and I'll write a letter.

No threads here! I personally don’t allow myself to think we will win anymore that way I can be excited when we win and not relieved and not too angry when we lose. Otherwise it affects me too much and I want to kick something. Wisdom in my later years. Ha!

Tucker checks off most of my criteria for a HC.

People thinking he should keep any assistant are crazy. Tucker has been around enough to know that he has to assemble a great staff if he is going to win championships. This is not a championship staff, MacIntyre liked to get guys who were easy to hire - out of a job or working at a lower level program. He did not go after the cream of the crop.

If he keeps too many of the existing staff - that will be a red flag to me.

Cool video.

He's going to fit in- did you guys catch the part about his road bike? He's got a Specialized Roubaix. There are several different levels- the entry level is a $2K bike and the "pro" is $10K and up. That's a serious bike.
interesting to think that little things- him being into cycling, his son being into lacrosse- may have made him and his family more comfortable coming to Boulder...

interesting to think that little things- him being into cycling, his son being into lacrosse- may have made him and his family more comfortable coming to Boulder...
Only a guy that is into bikes mentions he has a certain type of road bike. If he is into that, he's got to be ecstatic. I hope we get the road biking version of Gameday's "walk with Leach" they did on his walk to work in Pullman a year or so ago. Well, ****, I just hope he doesn't wear spandex during it. No one looks good in that.

Back