What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

250px-La_mala_ordina_Strode_%28cropped%29.jpg

In the larger scheme of things, it doesn't make much difference that Tucker "won" his press conference today.

But I do believe in momentum and how it is often the most important thing. Today built momentum. It was a good day.

Any chance any of his Georgia recruits flip?

I think he recruited two or three guys but I know it's still Georgia we're competing with.

Immediate effects expected. The great presser, the love from national media, the accolades from Saban, Smart, and Tressel, as well as former players all matter. Because of Tucker, potential assistants won't be embarrassed to be here, top recruits will have justification to themselves, friends, family, and whatever social media hangers-on might have questioned a leap to the Buffs just a couple days ago. Leadership matters.

I just like that he is not goofy or awkward. Hawk was just goofy and MM was a little better, but too emotional and you could tell his mouth got ahead of his brain occasionally. Tucker seems measured. I don't feel as worried that we are going to get some "go play intramurals" or "the buffalo walks into the storm" non-sense that gets national coverage.

In the larger scheme of things, it doesn't make much difference that Tucker "won" his press conference today.

But I do believe in momentum and how it is often the most important thing. Today built momentum. It was a good day.
Not to nikpick, but I believe winning the presser today started the momentum!
If the presser would have been a fail then no momentum!
Therefore it does make a difference that he won today!

To add I believe he has to win every time he is behind the mic or being interviewed.
He has to change the culture around here, I love the no more excuses! Has to keep that sh!t up!
He has to change the national perception of CU Football. Therefore, every chance he gets has to be a win. (No pressure)
I also feel like that is why RG picked him. He seems measured, calculating, strong in his responses to questions!
I believe he knows what he wants this program to look like, and there is no doubt he will do everything his power to get us there!

Not to nikpick, but I believe winning the presser today started the momentum!
If the presser would have been a fail then no momentum!
Therefore it does make a difference that he won today!

To add I believe he has to win every time he is behind the mic or being interviewed.
He has to change the culture around here, I love the no more excuses! Has to keep that sh!t up!
He has to change the national perception of CU Football. Therefore, every chance he gets has to be a win. (No pressure)
I also feel like that is why RG picked him. He seems measured, calculating, strong in his responses to questions!
I believe he knows what he wants this program to look like, and there is no doubt he will do everything his power to get us there!

Yes. My point was that it was good. It helps. But the bottom line is that Belichick has never won a damn press conference. How he did today will be insignificant versus his win-loss record. A good day, though, that builds momentum for the program.

Yes. My point was that it was good. It helps. But the bottom line is that Belichick has never won a damn press conference. How he did today will be insignificant versus his win-loss record. A good day, though, that builds momentum for the program.
Gotcha, I agree!

Good point. I hope Tuck built some momentum w the players!!! Twitter seems kinda quiet.

Belichick doesn't have sit in a player's living room and convince his parents to come to CU. HCMT's presence behind the microphone can't be understated as a key piece of the process. You're right - ultimately it will boil down to W/L (the ends). What we're seeing is a component of the means to that end. (I know - we're saying the same thing...)

Back