What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

Yes. My point was that it was good. It helps. But the bottom line is that Belichick has never won a damn press conference. How he did today will be insignificant versus his win-loss record. A good day, though, that builds momentum for the program.
Belichick doesn’t rely on recruiting.

Can someone on AB help get all of Coach Tuckers media appearances and interviews placed into a single place, like in the Sticky Threads so that we can get to all of them and see or hear them without having 600 snarky comments to go through? Just be nice to have a library of HCMT media!
Thanks
I believe there is nothing stopping you, go nuts.

I believe there is nothing stopping you, go nuts.

You are obviously not aware of my laziness gene. All the other incredible techies on this site are probably much better, but maybe I will try. I was thinking that at the end of the Presser they had TV 1 on 1's and I was trying to track them all down.

why is it taking so long to hire assistants?

ok, kidding aside, i am excited to see who comes on board. recruiters. recruiters. more recruiters. get out there and sell, sell, sell!

My first impression of MT is that he’s a nice balance of an imposing tough guy and an articulate thinker. He didn’t look down once in his prepared remarks ... he’s got a vision of where he wants to go and how to get there. That’s reassuring.

Besides a couple recruiting questions, the reporter questions were pretty lame. I’d like someone to ask him “CU was 5-7, but pretty close to 7-5 or better. What do you see that needs to happen to get back to winning?” To which I hope he’d reply ... offensive line, discipline and competent play calling.

My first impression of MT is that he’s a nice balance of an imposing tough guy and an articulate thinker. He didn’t look down once in his prepared remarks ... he’s got a vision of where he wants to go and how to get there. That’s reassuring.

Besides a couple recruiting questions, the reporter questions were pretty lame. I’d like someone to ask him “CU was 5-7, but pretty close to 7-5 or better. What do you see that needs to happen to get back to winning?” To which I hope he’d reply ... offensive line, discipline and competent play calling.

Actually, he was asked toward the end about how he can work with a team that started off hot and ended poorly. He chose his words carefully. He was very diplomatic. Basically, he implied HCMM’s staff did not have the team prepared for the final seven games.

Actually, he was asked toward the end about how he can work with a team that started off hot and ended poorly. He chose his words carefully. He was very diplomatic. Basically, he implied HCMM’s staff did not have the team prepared for the final seven games.

That's what I found so odd about Mark Johnson saying he thought CMT would keep as many as 4-5 coaches (MJ said that was more gut feeling than anything).

He is genuine. He has a burning desire to succeed and is all about the student athlete.

DBU is strong as ever with the coach of this years Jim Thorpe Award winner!
DB DeAndre Baker - Georgia Bulldogs
Coached by Mel Tucker
Congrats

If I was a good DB in the west or in Texas, get your ass to Colorado!!!

I don't know if I am more shocked that MT took the job without seeing the facilities or the fact that RG sold him and signed him without him coming to Boulder. I mean who takes a job with out touring the facilities? I guess Rick still has it, wow. Unfortunately, based on MT's reaction of the facilities/stadium and that watching that Georgia video, he's in for a rude awakening into the state of this program, the seats half empty is a 180 from Georgia SEC game day. Not even going to mention the difference in overall fan support.

This is a steal for CU and Mountain for MT. Hope he rises to the challenge and if he does, CU will officially be back.
His first game in Folsom is going to be a hell of an environment on par with anything in the country. With Air Force, Stanford, Washington and USC coming in, Folsom is going to be full more often than not next year, and if the team is any good at all it will be rocking in there. Stop worrying.

His first game in Folsom is going to be a hell of an environment on par with anything in the country. With Air Force, Stanford, Washington and USC coming in, Folsom is going to be full more often than not next year, and if the team is any good at all it will be rocking in there. Stop worrying.
Except for all that damn red in the stadium :confused:

There is no way I am missing that game at Folsom against Nebraska. I think that should be a "gold" game rather than a black out.

I don't know if I am more shocked that MT took the job without seeing the facilities or the fact that RG sold him and signed him without him coming to Boulder. I mean who takes a job with out touring the facilities? I guess Rick still has it, wow. Unfortunately, based on MT's reaction of the facilities/stadium and that watching that Georgia video, he's in for a rude awakening into the state of this program, the seats half empty is a 180 from Georgia SEC game day. Not even going to mention the difference in overall fan support.

This is a steal for CU and Mountain for MT. Hope he rises to the challenge and if he does, CU will officially be back.
Sounds like you were just unthawed from the Fairbanks era.

That's what I found so odd about Mark Johnson saying he thought CMT would keep as many as 4-5 coaches (MJ said that was more gut feeling than anything).
I gave you guys the list earlier:
1. Chev
2. Hagan
3. Drew Wilson
4. Roper
5 Maybe Drake or Ambrose

Back