What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

As far as Colorado, there are 6 players 86 or better for 2019. 2 are going to Colorado (Evans and Johnson) the others are going to Nebraska X2, Oregon and Stanford. So there are quality kids every year. I think it’s rare to see high 4* and 5* kids in multiples every year but there are kids that can be playmakers.

Maybe someone else can shed light and I may be wrong. But I’ve always felt Colorado recruits are under rated a bit as we’re not a football destination and they don’t get the same spotlight as a California, Texas or southern area.

Maybe someone else can shed light and I may be wrong. But I’ve always felt Colorado recruits are under rated a bit as we’re not a football destination and they don’t get the same spotlight as a California, Texas or southern area.
Sometimes, but it evens out. Playing the historical numbers is always a good bet with CO players but we should see that number jump in the next 5-10 years. That 2020 class is really really good.

Had to stop myself before I watched all 3 hours. :ROFLMAO:

i've actually done that, re-watched that game sort of by accident and then a few beers later........really good series, CU-UT back then.

my idea is what i'm calling the Lamont Warren principle. where CU has talent such that a guy has to turn pro early to get some carries....and Lamont was a solid NFL back. 7-8 years with an NFL paycheck i think. but, getting no touches at CU.

that's where i want to be. yeah.

Colorado kids are not going to go to CU if the coach is simply a high end G5 Coach. When Bill Mac was here and we were rolling, we were the Alabama of the mountains, and thus playing for CU was cool and the thing to do. Coach Tucker raises the bar tenfold, and now, especially in 2020, we need and should get the top 4-5 Colorado kids as long as they fit MT's needs and wants. One thing that needs to be talked about is that we need to keep those A-holes from Nebraska from coming in here and taking any good CO kids!

This banner can be dismissed from my Allbuffs page anytime I want. Same as everyone else if you haven't done it already.
View attachment 28476

I have no interest in removing it. I might leave it there all next season!
You might want to screen shot it and make it your sig line. Odds are we'll be having another announcement at some point. Hopefully to congratulate Tad Boyle on his Pac-12 championship.

Colorado kids are not going to go to CU if the coach is simply a high end G5 Coach. When Bill Mac was here and we were rolling, we were the Alabama of the mountains, and thus playing for CU was cool and the thing to do. Coach Tucker raises the bar tenfold, and now, especially in 2020, we need and should get the top 4-5 Colorado kids as long as they fit MT's needs and wants. One thing that needs to be talked about is that we need to keep those A-holes from Nebraska from coming in here and taking any good CO kids!

this is what made/makes a guy like Bobby Purify so great. from the Springs, he came here, first one to sign i believe in that class....and even though Marcus Houston signed, Craig Ochs signed.....Bobby showed up. got his chance, lit up Nebraska.....great career minus that cheap shot at ATM, league championship. we need to get more CO kids like that....and be in a position where they want to be Buffs. no matter the other circumstance.....

edit: did forget he robbed a bank....but hey? that's outside my point.

This banner can be dismissed from my Allbuffs page anytime I want. Same as everyone else if you haven't done it already.
View attachment 28476

I have no interest in removing it. I might leave it there all next season!

I thought about closing it, but then I thought a little more. "I'll BWalk this whole damn thing." Up it stays.:D

How many ****ing mods do we have around here anyway??

Edit...mods please move this post to the Beer on a Friday Afternoon thread... TIA

Take it easy goodness I'll admit that was a bad spur of the moment comment. That said PAC12 has always had smaller mobile O Lines. only 1 in the top 15:

1. UMass (6’4.4″ 328.8 lbs.)
2. Missouri (6’5.2″ 328)
3. Miami (6’5″ 325.2)
4. East Carolina (6’4″ 324.4)
5. (tie) Florida State (6’5″ 323), Mississippi State (6’4.4″ 323)
7. (tie) Wisconsin (6’5.4″ 322), West Virginia (6’4.4″ 323)
9. Penn State (6’4.6″ 321.6)
10. (tie) Michigan (6’5.1″ 320.6), Florida (6’4.2″ 320.6)
12. ULM (6’4″ 320.4)
13. LSU (6’4.4″ 320.2)
14. Stanford (6’4.6″ 318.6)
15. Arkansas (6’4.6″ 316.6)

Conferences according to SIZE per starter:
1. SEC (6’4.6″ 313.8 lbs.)
2. Big Ten (6’4.7″ 309.9)
3. ACC (6’4.7″ 309.4)
4. Big 12. (6’4.6″ 309.2)
5. PAC 12. (6’4.6″ 308.8)
6. Independent (6’4.2″ 303.6)

b4a64228-8ff3-4ca0-85e2-bc5135e5124b.jpg

Remember the 1994 game very well. One of my brothers, big Texas fan, was home visiting. He didn't go back happy.:D

The contrast that CMT will bring to CU is a huge breath of fresh air for the program. The toughness and strength on both sides of the ball will be a very welcome sight for Buff fans in a league full of spread, quick-read offenses and it's gonna be wonderful when we start punching these other Pac12 teams in the face and not back down. And this is all before our recruiting kicks into high gear over the next couple of years.

It's great to finally have some real promise with CU football again!!!
Welcome Coach Tucker and GO BUFFS!!!!!!

Back