What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

Quote from '20 OL recruit Carson Lee "but I think now that Coach Tucker's staff is transitioning there, you can tell it is all about winning. That is all they want to do."

Just went full chub
I seriously wonder what specifically gave the impression about MM and his culture that it wasn't about winning?

Last edited:
I seriously wonder what specifically gave off the impression about MM and his culture that it wasn't about winning?
The difference as I see it is on priority and the gap between Priority #1 (winning) and whatever might be #2. Tucker's made it clear that he is going to make decisions based on what's best for the team to win with a much larger gap.

It wasn't made the focus. Makes sense if it was a leftover from his rebuilding philosophy. Couldn't really talk about winning as the main goal in your recruiting pitch from 2012-2015.

Didn't he have some weird quote about 2015 (?) being the first year a bowl game could be a goal because the team had finally decided it was a goal or something?

Back