What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

Damn I was at dinner and driving. Nobody asked any questions after the game?? Odd. I wanted to see the response.

Dude the #1 team in the country only beat them by a single score and it wasn't an overall notably high-scoring game, I wouldn't call that getting "carved up".

35 points-including 14 in the fourth quarter with a playoff berth on the line-does choking work better for you?

Lol gotta love the groupthink on here right now. I dont want Coley or any other Georgia offensive assistant calling plays here, and I don't want Tucker.
Why? And please dont tell me because his defense allowed 35pts to the #1 team in the country. (Which is 14pts below their season average, by the way)

So you prefer JL over Tucker, and you think Tucker sucks because his team give up 14 points to Bama, likely the best team in the NCAA history?

Look, doubt on any candidate is fine, I have my doubt on Tucker too. It's just sometimes your logic doesn't hold.
I think you meant to respond to hoelsky. I like Tucker for CU. Leavitt's too much of a risk.

Lol the SEC ain't the Big 12 brosef. Good try though.
So you prefer JL over Tucker, and you think Tucker sucks because his team give up 14 points to Bama, likely the best team in the NCAA history?

Look, doubt on any candidate is fine, I have my doubt on Tucker too. It's just sometimes your logic doesn't hold.

Why? And please dont tell me because his defense allowed 35pts to the #1 team in the country. (Which is 14pts below their season average, by the way)

Because JL could lead us to 7-5 next season with some mythical OC and recruiting will take care of itself because we have some cool assistants on board already. The heights to which we will climb are staggering.

Zero experience west of the Mississippi. Never been a head coach. Got schooled with a playoff berth on the line by a backup qb. Offense that doesn't make sense here.

35 points-including 14 in the fourth quarter with a playoff berth on the line-does choking work better for you?

You truly believe that the Georgia defense is why they lost? Seriously? Lol, come on man. They almost recovered a fumble at the 1 and Alabama got very lucky to get it back. They stopped an Alabama scoring drive with an interception at like the 5 yard line. Alabama didn’t even convert a 3rd down until sometime late 3rd/early 4th quarter.

I mean, it surely was the defenses fault the offense managed a meager 133 yards their final 5 drives. Or the fact that none of them went further than 30 yards and the longest one was 2:51. Or that awesome fake punt...sure they let some plays happen but uh, Alabama is stupid good at football.

Tucker has no experience in the west and one would think he'd bring UGAs offense with him. I don't think it fits our personnel.

Please don’t forget to mention they also blew a 20-7 lead with the national title directly on the line in January.

I’d also much, much rather have the guy who’ll never get a chance to coach at that level over the guy who just blatantly proved he can’t get it done by narrowly coming up short not only once, but twice.

You truly believe that the Georgia defense is why they lost? Seriously? Lol, come on man. They almost recovered a fumble at the 1 and Alabama got very lucky to get it back. They stopped an Alabama scoring drive with an interception at like the 5 yard line. Alabama didn’t even convert a 3rd down until sometime late 3rd/early 4th quarter.

I mean, it surely was the defenses fault the offense managed a meager 133 yards their final 5 drives. Or the fact that none of them went further than 30 yards and the longest one was 2:51. Or that awesome fake punt...sure they let some plays happen but uh, Alabama is stupid good at football.

That offense would come here with Tucker.....

Zero experience west of the Mississippi. Never been a head coach. Got schooled with a playoff berth on the line by a backup qb. Offense that doesn't make sense here.
1) this is a fair concern, and one I share. However his staff hires will be key in mitigating it.

2) True, but none of our top targets have HC experience. At least Tucker has had interim HC experience.

3) let's not pretend that Jalen Hurts is just some back up. Jalen Hurts was SEC offensive player of the year. Has only lost 2 games in his entire career. Hurts is a fantastic college QB. Tua is just a generational talent, the only reason Hurts isn't starting.

4) How do we know what offense he will run? We have zero data on this.

Back