What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

ummm..he was a HC for Jacksonville in the NFL...went 2-3
934a3637-2657-46ad-aa58-639dfda80de8_text_hi.gif

I have almost zero concerns with MT as a hire. My concern is that he gets to CU, watches 24 hours of film and wakes up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat screaming "WTF have I done!" Seriously, if the guy knows what he's getting into culturally and talent wise it's all good.

I have almost zero concerns with MT as a hire. My concern is that he gets to CU, watches 24 hours of film and wakes up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat screaming "WTF have I done!" Seriously, if the guy knows what he's getting into culturally and talent wise it's all good.
So your concern is that his expectations of a football team may be too high? I can live with that.

Jeebus. I just checked in to see if there was an update and people are still up in arms about Tucker?

Get over it folks. He’s gonna be the HC of our Buffs. I for one will be fully supporting him and our Buffs to take the next step and winning some football games.

RG knows what he is doing. Let’s get behind this hire and the program.

Zero experience west of the Mississippi. Never been a head coach. Got schooled with a playoff berth on the line by a backup qb. Offense that doesn't make sense here.

Doesn’t make sense here because...? It doesn’t fit our personnel? Outside of a couple guys, our personnel needs to be turned over quickly. FWIW, doesn’t seem like our personnel fits Chev’s offense either.

Also, I’d gladly take the offense that put up the most points against Bama this year.

People think he's going to recruit cu like georgia, not happening. But it has to be better than mm and his staff.

Jeebus. I just checked in to see if there was an update and people are still up in arms about Tucker?

Get over it folks. He’s gonna be the HC of our Buffs. I for one will be fully supporting him and our Buffs to take the next step and winning some football games.

RG knows what he is doing. Let’s get behind this hire and the program.

If he's hiring a guy based on whether or not they'll let Chev stay in his role, I'd question that.

People think he's going to recruit cu like georgia, not happening. But it has to be better than mm and his staff.

I think it’s more that he has the personality and ability to be a closer to convince kids to choose him over other very good programs. Nobody believes he will recruit like Georgia but we also don’t know that he won’t.

Lol thanks. I had to give him a little **** since he brought that up awhile ago. It’s all in fun, no hard feelings @ahoelsken just giving you a hard time. I do think your rationale here is a little insane but that’s your prerogative.

I've been pretty clear for the last few days that I dont think Tucker makes sense here.

No, people don’t think that. But people think that he’s a good recruiter who has first hand experience with programs who are recruiting machines and therefore knows how important it is or should at the very least realise how advantageous it can be. That’s why people think and hope he will put an emphasis on recruiting like we probably haven’t seen before and like even @Duff Man could’ve only dreamed of seeing at CU.

Love the hire!
Buffs are better today than yesterday just because of Coach Tucker
Everyone needs to get on board and stop the subtle racist or other just stupid takes, cause these players will play hard for Coach Tucker (The Marshmallow man is gone, sorry)
WE now need to all push the same direction and give maximum effort towards supporting the staff and the team, especially with attendance
We CAN win the PAC12 within the next 1-3 years with this staff, most of this roster, and a few more solid players
Welcome to Boulder Coach Tucker
Glad to have you
Go Buffs

It doesn’t say to keep him in his role as play caller. Just keep him on the staff. Chev is a solid recruiter and I still think an asset in the right capacity.

I think that’s an excellent idea if RG is encouraging the new coach to keep Chiaverini in his current role as recruiting coordinator. He knows our current recruits and is holding the class together. He knows California and Texas and will keep connections they’ve built up the last 3 years. As a OC though? That I’m not so sure of. I think he needs to be a position coach again.

So your concern is that his expectations of a football team may be too high? I can live with that.

Not exactly Nik. My concern is that he understands how different CU is going to be institutional and culturally from UGS, tOSU, or the NFL. This guy is a real football coach and may have to get used to the "walking on eggshells" stuff that comes along with the CU program. Regardless, I think he'll always have lots of options, even after hiring on here, and that will not only be good for him but also sobering for the CU power culture. I wish him all the best and think that he's potentially a great hire. I've got to say though, if CU pulls a Tumpkin type of thing on a guy of this caliber he has the resume and the resources to walk within 30 days.

Not exactly Nik. My concern is that he understands how different CU is going to be institutional and culturally from UGS, tOSU, or the NFL. This guy is a real football coach and may have to get used to the "walking on eggshells" stuff that comes along with the CU program. Regardless, I think he'll always have lots of options, even after hiring on here, and that will not only be good for him but also sobering for the CU power culture. I wish him all the best and think that he's potentially a great hire. I've got to say though, if CU pulls a Tumpkin type of thing on a guy of this caliber he has the resume and the resources to walk within 30 days.
Gotcha. More of a concern that CU won't be able to get out of its own way and allow the guy to be a football coach.

All I can say to that is: in Rick George I trust.

Back