What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

I'm sick of this ****.

Announce it already.
A-watched-pot-never-boils.jpg

we need a pre announcement of the announcement? we need something. If it is being reported by national news media and local Georgia media, RG needs to say something, anything.

Ya, don't expect anything until Wednesday. CU would have announced an upcoming presser if it was happening today.
Nah. CU would time it for the nightly news while making sure that it left enough time for print media to get their stories in before the papers went to press. We've still got hours before those driving considerations matter.

This is why you’re the smartest buffnik. This would have never occurred to me.
:ROFLMAO:

Nah. Just reading the Dawg message boards. Their top stories (other than whether the fake punt was the worst call in UGA history) are on who the next DC is going to be and what the budget might be, along with talking about recruiting and how it looks like they'll lose a DB recruit to Florida since Tucker is leaving.

Obsession has its advantages. ;)

:ROFLMAO:

Nah. Just reading the Dawg message boards. Their top stories (other than whether the fake punt was the worst call in UGA history) are on who the next DC is going to be and what the budget might be, along with talking about recruiting and how it looks like they'll lose a DB recruit to Florida since Tucker is leaving.

Obsession has its advantages. ;)

I’ve been stalking them too lol. Looking for anything to cling to.

Nah. CU would time it for the nightly news while making sure that it left enough time for print media to get their stories in before the papers went to press. We've still got hours before those driving considerations matter.
Yeah, they don't have to make it official by having an in person press conference. They can make an official statement in a press release and tweet it out to confirm everything and then hold the press conference on Wednesday or whenever.

Yeah, they don't have to make it official by having an in person press conference. They can make an official statement in a press release and tweet it out to confirm everything and then hold the press conference on Wednesday or whenever.

Maybe the light rail broke down again and he’s stuck somewhere between DIA and downtown?

Yes and no-with what Oregon has going on, most guys should be able to get enough talent to be consistently bowling there. I also think ours were a liability when we made the conference change, and RG has addressed those already. At this point, you're correct though. Oklahoma was down back then too-Switzer got them into NCAA trouble and they made two bad hires during the 90s in Gibbs and John Blake.

That too. Like OU and NU we have to recruit nationally in order to be high caliber. O is a bit of an enigma in that they certainly have had good recruiting star wise but Im not sure they had the staff to develop it following Chip. I noticed that Leavitt was starting a lot of underclassman this year so Im not surprised it was mixed results. Senior laden teams are where its at because the mistakes go way down and the on field leadership goes up. Cristobal is also learning how to be HC. You can have all the talent in the world but if you havent developed it you'll struggle. Notice also that Alabama and tOSU have a HC thats also an elder statesman of the game. I think thats a factor thats often missed as that level of experience brings consistency and routine to practices and games.

That too. Like OU and NU we have to recruit nationally in order to be high caliber. O is a bit of an enigma in that they certainly have had good recruiting star wise but Im not sure they had the staff to develop it following Chip. I noticed that Leavitt was starting a lot of underclassman this year so Im not surprised it was mixed results. Senior laden teams are where its at because the mistakes go way down and the on field leadership goes up. Cristobal is also learning how to be HC. You can have all the talent in the world but if you havent developed it you'll struggle. Notice also that Alabama and tOSU have a HC thats also an elder statesman of the game. I think thats a factor thats often missed as that level of experience brings consistency and routine to practices and games.
Wasn’t Christobal a HC for a number of years before going to Oregon? At FIU or FAU? I know it’s not a big school, but he’s been a HC.

Wasn’t Christobal a HC for a number of years before going to Oregon? At FIU? I know it’s not a big school, but he’s been a HC.

He could have been. Ive never looked.

EDIT: Now I kind of see a pattern that helps explain why O might be struggling... Hint, see 2017

YearTeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffsCoaches#AP°
FIU Golden Panthers / Panthers
(Sun Belt Conference) (2007–2012)
2007FIU1–111–67th
2008FIU5–73–4T–5th
2009FIU3–93–56th
2010FIU7–66–2T–1stW Little Caesars Pizza
2011FIU8–55–34thL Beef 'O' Brady's
2012FIU3–92–6T–8th
FIU:20–2620–26
Oregon Ducks (Pac-12 Conference) (2017–present)
2017Oregon0–1L Las Vegas
2018Oregon8–45–44th (North)Redbox
Oregon:5–45–4
Total:35–52
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Coaching career (HC unless noted)
1998–2000Miami (FL) (GA)
2001–2002Rutgers (OT/TE)
2003Rutgers (OL)
2004–2005Miami (FL) (TE)
2006Miami (FL) (OL)
2007–2012FIU