What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

Swap out the Nebraska game? You can just stop talking now; you’ve lost all credibility.

Hey, I hate Nebraska as much as anyone and was at the game in Lincoln and many others, but going to Lincoln and beating Nebraska is a noble and awesome thing, but if it does not get us recruits than screw them. We could swap them in here and there if we have the other good games we need, but otherwise, F the Big Red.

One of both of them are in HS.

Further research, the youngest is in middle school. Plays football.

"The couple has two sons: Joseph (15) and Christian (13)."

From here.

Also: Holy ****. Georgia names coaching/coordinator positions after donors. They definitely take their football serious enough.

In speaking with a very enthusiastic dawg fan at Moes BBQ in Vail yesterday, he was very very pro-Tucker and said we were getting a great coach. He also kept barking, so tifwiw.
I had a very similar conversation with a Boise State fan after we hired Dan Hawkins... Told me we would be playing for championships...

I had a very similar conversation with a Boise State fan after we hired Dan Hawkins... Told me we would be playing for championships...
Weird. Because most of what we heard from Boise fans was that they hoped Petersen wasn't coming with Hawkins and that if he doesn't then they aren't worried at all about losing DH. We gave them a lot of crap and didn't want to believe it. I mean, how could you not be freaking out about losing the HC with the highest winning percentage in football? Had to be sour grapes and rationalizing things, right?

As long as they're not QBs, I think we're good.

The JMac situation was okay, even good. Cody... well, we know what happened with Cody.

Hawkins was hired in 05', you are currently on the c-unit, so you were like ten years old when that conversation occurred. They were probably trying to console you after you didn't get the correctly-shaped chicken nuggets.

Weird. Because most of what we head from Boise fans was that they hoped Petersen wasn't coming with Hawkins and that if he doesn't then they aren't worried at all about losing DH. We gave them a lot of crap and didn't want to believe it. I mean, how could you not be freaking out about losing the HC with the highest winning percentage in football? Had to be sour grapes and rationalizing things, right?

Yep - I didn't get the feeling that Boise State fans were all that pissed at all about losing DH, because they knew CP was the reason behind the success.

Meanwhile when searching the web for details ...
tuckers-raw-dog-food-recall.jpg

Raw Basics, LLC of Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, is recalling its Tucker’s Raw Frozen Pork-Bison Dog Food because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.

Hawkins was hired in 05', you are currently on the c-unit, so you were like ten years old when that conversation occurred. They were probably trying to console you after you didn't get the correctly-shaped chicken nuggets.
I think MelT is a home run higher, just saying the Georgia fan base claims don't do much for me.
On the other hand, I graduate in May. When do season tickets for old people go on sale?

I think MelT is a home run higher, just saying the Georgia fan base claims don't do much for me.
On the other hand, I graduate in May. When do season tickets for old people go on sale?
Do they still do the young alum deal on season tix?

"The couple has two sons: Joseph (15) and Christian (13)."

From here.

Also: Holy ****. Georgia names coaching/coordinator positions after donors. They definitely take their football serious enough.

Stanford does the same thing for their endowed coaching positions. Not sure if we have enough funds in our football endowment to dedicate any towards a specific position (coaching or playing). Last I saw I think we had like $20-25 mil in athletic endowments in total. Stanford has twenty times that (around $450-500 million estimates from a few years ago). It's actually an amazing blueprint to follow to compete with the blue blood programs:

Since Jim Harbaugh took over as coach and led Stanford onto the national stage, donations for Stanford athletics increased “53.4% and new gifts and pledges have increased by 215%.” One alumnus (the son of a wealthy Saudi businessman) pledged $500,000 because he had such fond memories of rushing the field when Stanford beat its rival Cal in 2007. Stanford benefactor John Arrillaga built coach Harbaugh a $50,000 private bathroom next to his office. Few universities endow coaching positions, but Stanford’s head coach and top assistant coach positions, as well as every scholarship for its football players, are endowed to thank donors. The head coaching position is endowed in the name of a former Stanford football player and current private equity founder who pledged $1.6 million in 1989.

link

Stanford does the same thing for their endowed coaching positions. Not sure if we have enough funds in our football endowment to dedicate any towards a specific position (coaching or playing). Last I saw I think we had like $20-25 mil in athletic endowments in total. Stanford has twenty times that (around $450-500 million estimates from a few years ago). It's actually an amazing blueprint to follow to compete with the blue blood programs:

link
This all looks and sounds great. 1st CU needs to show appreciation to the long time fans, maybe some of us would get off a little more money if we didn't feel like "second class" fans. #2 winning fixes a lot.

Do they still do the young alum deal on season tix?

Yes, I know some recent grads who bought them. Dirt cheap like <$220 I believe.

Edit: What Shldr said, I just know they were cheap and they got the email about them post-graduation.

This all looks and sounds great. 1st CU needs to show appreciation to the long time fans, maybe some of us would get off a little more money if we didn't feel like "second class" fans. #2 winning fixes a lot.
No argument from me. There are three legs to the stool to make us a top tier program long-term. Performance on the field is one. Facilities/Admin support is one. Core Fan/donor support is another.

"Support" and "Performance" are defined as being "Top 25 in the nation" level not just basic "oh we do that" level commitment.

If we just get performance on the field then we will lose that coach to a bigger program.
If we just get Facilities/Admin support then we repeat the last 6 years.
if we just get Core Fan/Donor support then we become like Arkansas, Ole Miss or Missouri.

Recruiting is a by-product of all the above. So is general fan interest in the state/region.

Stanford's model was to address the two that they university/AD could control. Once they hired a HC (Harbaugh) that could affect the performance it was a rising tide that lifted all shifts.

We can address the HC position first; but the other two have to follow and maintain "top 25" level for our program to be truly elevated.

Back