What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

Wednesday would not be a good day to do this.

You don't do all the hoopla of announcing a new head coach on a national day of mourning. I'd be kind of pissed if we did that, actually.
Well then get on with the announcement today. Who knows who will drop dead next.

Announce something, anything, tell us Your still looking or have made a decision something? You can make an announcement of some sort to keep the fans / recruits energized... I am about to carry on with my life and wait to see it on the local news. I mean, football season is over for the Buffs.

Announcing Wednesday is stupid, but that won’t preclude them from doing it. They are plenty un-self aware to do just that.
The announcement isn't really a big deal since it has already been leaked and reported on. The press conference is the big deal since he will meet with all the local and hopefully national media.

No school is doing bowl prep. Every school has there coaches out right now recruiting and making home visits. There is only 2 1/2 weeks left before early signing day where most kids will sign. If i'm Colorado i'm getting this announcement out as quickly as possibly before the best commits get poached. I mean Titus Toler took a trip to Cal this weekend and is close to flipping to them, Carl Jones just got offered by UCLA and is going to visit them soon and is expected to flip to them, Jaren Mangham is scheduling visits with other schools, and Joshua Allen is expected to announce his decommitment soon.
This. Trust me when I tell you other schools are all over our kids. Even the the lesser prospects and commits are getting contacted 2-3 times a day right now. Don't be surprised if we have another 2 decommits this week. The limbo is angering players, but more importantly it's pissing off parents.

This. Trust me when I tell you other schools are all over our kids. Even the the lesser prospects and commits are getting contacted 2-3 times a day right now. Don't be surprised if we have another 2 decommits this week. The limbo is angering players, but more importantly it's pissing off parents.
Screw em' all. This is bigger than 5-6 players. If they don't want to come play for a guy with Tucker's pedigree, so be it.

My hope is after all this wait he has already been in contact with other coaches and started to assemble a staff. To me thats the only silver lining after waiting al this time. They come out and not only announce Tucker but a freakin home run DC and home run OC as well as some positions coaches to be mentioned. One can dream...

Screw em' all. This is bigger than 5-6 players. If they don't want to come play for a guy with Tucker's pedigree, so be it.

Urban Meyer steals the show today, so no need to say anything today
President Bush gets tomorrow and deserves it
Colorado Buffs get Thursday, December 6th to show the world our Unicorn

Not thrilled, but it is what it is!!!

(What is the future of Coach Matt Campbell now that Ryan Day is likely in place at OSU for 4-5 more years?)

Given the news with Day, I’m not in the least bit surprised they are waiting until the ink is dry before making any kind of official announcement on Tucker.

Relax. This is going to work out just fine.

(What is the future of Coach Matt Campbell now that Ryan Day is likely in place at OSU for 4-5 more years?)
I just hope they don't push it to Askia Booker day

Would a school really hold off on an announcement because of a President funeral? I mean Fox News or CNN wasn't covering the Colorado search. ESPN is not going to be covering the funeral and will mention the CU hiring with a small blurb regardless when it was announced. Unfortunately a CU hire isn't capturing the news cycle regardless when it happens.

As for Campbell he probably has limitless options with another good season. The NFL, USC, FSU if Willie has another bad season, Penn State if Franklin would go to USC, etc...

Wow, interesting take.
This has nothing to do with whether they want to play for Tucker or not. It has to do with 17 and 18 year old young men having their doubts and uncertainties leveraged by opposing coaches, many of who have pedigrees as good or better than Tucker's. And more important than knowing who the head coach is, is who their position coaches will be because the fact of the matter is these young men will spend way more time with those men than they ever will with the head coach. This is a crazy time for players and families who are making a HUGE life decision. Having some concrete answers concerning the next 4 years of their lives is pretty damn important. But yeah, "Screw 'em all" says the guy who 2 years from now bitches and moans about what happened with the weak 2019 recruiting class...

Yeah, I'm not worried about holding together the currently 44th ranked recruiting class, outside of a handful of guys. Hopefully Tucker has already assembled the majority of his staff and making decisions on holdovers, that way they can hit the ground running in the next few days and actually improve the recruiting class.

Wow, interesting take.
This has nothing to do with whether they want to play for Tucker or not. It has to do with 17 and 18 year old young men having their doubts and uncertainties leveraged by opposing coaches, many of who have pedigrees as good or better than Tucker's. And more important than knowing who the head coach is, is who their position coaches will be because the fact of the matter is these young men will spend way more time with those men than they ever will with the head coach. This is a crazy time for players and families who are making a HUGE life decision. Having some concrete answers concerning the next 4 years of their lives is pretty damn important. But yeah, "Screw 'em all" says the guy who 2 years from now bitches and moans about what happened with the weak 2019 recruiting class...
You're acting as if this 48 hour delay in making an official announcement is costing CU a top 10 recruiting class. News Flash: It's Not.

You're acting as if this 48 hour delay in making an official announcement is costing CU a top 10 recruiting class. News Flash: It's Not.

It is not just the HC. If the delay means we are announcing other coaches, it makes some sense.

Otherwise, how exactly are we going host any visitors the weekend after next? Seems silly to ignore that the one real weekend to host recruits before signing day is in limbo.

Back