What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU officially hires Mel Tucker as new Head Football Coach

Which one of you is the guy stuffing his face while Tucker is being interviewed?

He was surprisingly soft spoken. Also, didn’t have much time to chat because he was headed to the basketball game (for all of you crying about both events being scheduled for tonight).

Has Coach Tucker made any comments about his opinion of RIVALRIES? With his first ever 3 games being Colorado State, Nebraska, and Air Force, I hope that god will smile on Coach Mel and help him win them all. I know how competitive he is, I was just wondering if he fully appreciates how badly we all want him to start 3-0, and how he will treat these 3 games? Colorado State is below us, so the hate is simple and the result is a must. Nebraska is so hated and despised, not sure if that off the tracks Coach Bill Mac conversation told him about the Red Letter Game, and finally as much as we all like and respect the Service Academies, we cannot even come close to losing to Air Force, but we will need to make sure we know how to stop the option, especially after a potentially emotional Nebraska game.

Has Coach Tucker made any comments about his opinion of RIVALRIES? With his first ever 3 games being Colorado State, Nebraska, and Air Force, I hope that god will smile on Coach Mel and help him win them all. I know how competitive he is, I was just wondering if he fully appreciates how badly we all want him to start 3-0, and how he will treat these 3 games? Colorado State is below us, so the hate is simple and the result is a must. Nebraska is so hated and despised, not sure if that off the tracks Coach Bill Mac conversation told him about the Red Letter Game, and finally as much as we all like and respect the Service Academies, we cannot even come close to losing to Air Force, but we will need to make sure we know how to stop the option, especially after a potentially emotional Nebraska game.

I can say with certainty that he knows we hate Nebraska and it’s a big game. MM knew, HCMT knows too. He will have the team ready and fired up.

Now I hope he downplays them all.

Im guessing that the chances that lance carl and rick george have neglected to emphasize the importance of crushing nebraska, csu and afa are close to negative infinity.

I knew that. The ? was meant to convey that AFA doesnt really belong on that list. In fact, there are those here that would argue that CSU also doesnt belong on that list because they are NOT our rival either.

The fact that crushing afa and CSU is important is not in any way to be interpreted as equivalence with the importance of crushing, nay, obliterating Nebraska.

Playing Air Force is going to be fun, and its sad to me that it took until 2019 to make it happen again. Colorado State is our little brother. The last three games haven't been close. Let's stop talking about them as if they're a rival. The closest thing to a rival we have is still the Nubs-and the same thing could be said for them right now.

I knew that. The ? was meant to convey that AFA doesnt really belong on that list. In fact, there are those here that would argue that CSU also doesnt belong on that list because they are NOT our rival either.

Neither are our rivals. Our rivals are USC, Oregon, Stanford etc. A case could be made for a few old big 10/12 teams. AFA is the furthest but the importance is there to beat the in-state team. CSU is a joke and we’ve owned them so badly that how can we call them a “rival?” Nebraska fans could technically say the same as they have kicked our asses overall but at least we’ve been competitive against them and we were in the same conference and same level of CFB, CSU is in the little leagues.

The number of posts that we get in CSU and Nebraska threads leaves no doubt in my mind that these are our rivals. I wished that CU fans cared more about Utah and others in the PAC-12, but we don’t.
Down 24-0 against Oklahoma St in the Alamo Bowl, the CU students in front of me started up the "I said it sucks to be a CSU Ram" chant. There is no doubt about it, our fan base has CHOSEN CSU as it rival.

And yes, those students were immediately, and thoroughly cursed out by everyone over 35.

The number of posts that we get in CSU and Nebraska threads leaves no doubt in my mind that these are our rivals. I wished that CU fans cared more about Utah and others in the PAC-12, but we don’t.
Moving conferences will do that, but you're right, CSU IS our main rival in non-Nebraska years and it's foolish to deny that.

Back