What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU @ Toledo prediction thread

I actually think we will win this game. Maybe.

I won't be shocked if we lose, though.

I really have no concept of how good or bad we are. There is no way we are actually as bad as we looked last night, at least talent-wise.

CU - 31
Toledo - 10

Hawk & staff's asses on the line & players gotta be just pissed and glad this game comes on a short week so they can take it out on someone....this I hope & pray becomes true

28-10 buffs **buffs play angry** and start to roll

I would not doubt that at all.

Not to mention that some of the media sentiments, along with quotes from various fans expressing desire for the firing of the HC, along with maybe some quotes from these Buffs forums, will be on their training room chalk boards.

Buffs - 38

Tole - 28

I bet we win solidly because I thought we played pretty well in the second half last night.

The defense sacked up in the second half. The offense was still pathetic. An offense that can't overcome CSUs D isn't going to do well against Toledo either. The predictions of CU scoring 30 or more are laughable at this point. 3 years of offensive ineptitude isn't coincidence, it's a pattern

Toledo 21
CU 13

CU 24 Toledo 21

I just have to go with the Buffs (don't know why), but I have to think there is some sort of player leadership on the team to get them fired up after what happened the last game.

CU 28 Toledo 17

If we can't beat Toledo... we might as well just pack it in the rest of the season. No way we beat Big 12 teams if we can't take down the juggernaut otherwise known as Toledo.

I hope our DB's are ready for this. I'm not sure they are...CU-27 UT-34

2649.gif
2509.gif

1st Downs 26 25
3rd down efficiency 10-19 5-10
4th down efficiency 1-2 0-1
Total Yards 493 535
Passing 423 220
Comp-Att 41-69 17-28
Yards per pass 6.1 7.9
Rushing 70 315
Rushing Attempts 22 39
Yards per rush 3.2 8.1
Penalties 5-40 4-31
Turnovers 3 3
Fumbles lost 1 0
Interceptions thrown 2 3
Possession 33:25 26:35

Last edited:
I hope our DB's are ready for this. I'm not sure they are...CU-27 UT-34

2649.gif
2509.gif

1st Downs 26 25
3rd down efficiency 10-19 5-10
4th down efficiency 1-2 0-1
Total Yards 493 535
Passing 423 220
Comp-Att 41-69 17-28
Yards per pass 6.1 7.9
Rushing 70 315
Rushing Attempts 22 39
Yards per rush 3.2 8.1
Penalties 5-40 4-31
Turnovers 3 3
Fumbles lost 1 0
Interceptions thrown 2 3
Possession 33:25 26:35

Seems like if the O can't run for at least 150 then we need to find a new HC. 315 yards rushing is NUTS.

CU over Toledo 24-10. We are going to have to play a lot more zone (the 2nd half of the CSU game) instead of blitzing and getting caught with our hands down our pants.

CU should be able to get the ground game going against this team they were awful vs purdue. My question is, can these guys rebound from such a poor showing vs csu?

Also, the db's need to be much better, I really thought that was the one area we could count on in the game, but they gave up 3 big plays and two of them were c&j brown.

CU should be able to get the ground game going against this team they were awful vs purdue. My question is, can these guys rebound from such a poor showing vs csu?

Also, the db's need to be much better, I really thought that was the one area we could count on in the game, but they gave up 3 big plays and two of them were c&j brown.
I didn't notice them throwing at Jimmy at ALL... sooo win there? Also burney looked good. CB struggled badly.

I didn't notice them throwing at Jimmy at ALL... sooo win there? Also burney looked good. CB struggled badly.

Fairchild stated after the game they were staying away from smith and that he'll be in the league. Burney played well but was shocked to see brown and brown getting burned. Jalil on the first drive blew the coverage and then dropped and int later. I'm sure they'll be better.

Fairchild stated after the game they were staying away from smith and that he'll be in the league. Burney played well but was shocked to see brown and brown getting burned. Jalil on the first drive blew the coverage and then dropped and int later. I'm sure they'll be better.
I am praying to the football gods that this was a collective mind**** by everyone involved and that the team will rally around the Hawkins family and get Hawk an extension.... However, Burney should be our starter. Jalil has never been on the upper level... and he is our 4th string CB. Gotta expect a drop off sometime. I hope to god CB gets back to kicking ass like he did last year tho.

The entire defense was on its heels waiting for the block or the ball to come to them. J Smith did it at least three times (not that it is that big of a deal for him being that he is in the secondary and shouldn't have had to make tackles anyway in the run game). But the linebackers sat back most plays and the CSU O line pushed our D line around surely yelling "wheres my money bitch?!" pathetic showing on D.

Offensively, maybe hawk though that we could win without having to show Toledo our talent, who knows...but we did not get the playmakers the ball with the exception to one drive and a few here and there. RUN THE BALL! Scotty...Catch it!

Toledo will tear apart our secondary in this one for a lot of short ones and a few long ones. Our offense will put points up despite the poor play calling. But in the end, I think our lack of pressure and inability to cover a pulse in the secondary will result in a close loss. It will be back and forth for a while...toledo 45 - CU 34

CU 24
Toledo 13

If CU doesn't win this game I might just sell my season tickets for meth and move to Longmont. That is if I could even sell my tickets.

CU - 23
Toledo - 17

Yet another boring game by the offense. One score will be set up by the defense. CU will go into a hurry up offense and let play clock tick down to 5 seconds instead of 1.

Colorado-20
Toledo-17

Lack of confidence in our scoring ability with the current offensive scheme. At least we're scoring more than 14 points/game so far.

Unfortunately this will be a big game for the Buffs. I want to see how they react to the CSU loss.

CU should have more talent but I am worried if Toledo can move the ball it will turn into a shoot out which the Buffs are ill suited for.

Back