What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU @ Toledo prediction thread

I predict a game will be played. I predict there will be a meltdown, the quality of same being directly proportional to the margin of victory (or loss). I also predict Cody will start. Beyond that, there is very little certainty in CU football right now.

CU 27 - Toledo 21

I really wanted to do a 47 - 13 but we need to get our feet on the ground first.

Buffs 31
Toledo 17

the D throws in more zone blitzes and our secondary doesn't allow huge plays. The Buffs with 220 on the ground, 160 in the air.

Buffs 31
Toledo 23

500 yds of O

I think Hawk uses "us against the world" and the team comes out fighting.

DS runs for 125+

:gobuffs:

CU 23
Toledo 20

Goodman makes up for last year with a 47 yarder on the last play. CU steals a victory despite spotty play on both sides of the ball.

CU 37
UT 20

The Buffs get some very good defense early and good special teams play, and get 200+ rushing, primarily from Scott and Lockridge, who combine for 3 TDs. Toledo is able to throw the ball efficiently, but can't convert 3rd and longs in the first half. Beatty and Rippy are effective in harassing the QB, and notch a few sacks.

Come on now god dammit let's get this fraking game on already!!

My Crystal Ball:

Defense holds up against the run, gets shredded by the pass.

Cody leads the O on a couple of drives showing what CAN happen.

WRs drop a few balls.

Cody overthrows a few balls.

Cody hangs the receivers out to dry a few times, resulting in one concussion and poor little Espy get's physically torn in half.

CU falls behind 7-0 resulting in a pass first, pass only offense. There's no room for a running game when you're down 7 with 57 minutes to play.

2 Inappropriate end-arounds or wide runs resulting in a loss of yardage in short yardage situations.

Delayed blitzes let the Toledo O-Line adjust and pick it up.

Solder gives up 2 sacks and grades out at a 98%.

Player groupings continue to telegraph the plays.

Toledo's coach laughing on the sideline as Hawk reads 'Coaching for Dummies' on the sideline.

Cabral stands up at half time, tells Hawkins to go **** himself and Cabral and the players go out and make a miraculous comeback.

Jason Street gets fed up and subs into the O-Line holding Toledo to 0 sacks.

Aric Goodman throws a TD pass on a fake field goal and the internet rises up and demands he play QB.

DScott returns kicks, punts and scores a TD on a fake punt, but get's no carries because Hawk says he has a broken leg.

At halftime the coaches finally get the adjustments made for CSU's offense and defensive schemes. They'll get to Toledo in a couple weeks.

Riar Geer yawns a couple of times and calls Toledo a bunch of pussies.

CSUs coaches call the locerroom just to call CUs O-Line pussies... again....

Hawkins blames the fans for booing, can't understand why he and the players get booed off the field for a second week in a row.

One of CUs defensive linemen intercepts the ball, but runs backwards scoring a safety for Toledo. When asked about the play, Bandison says everyone played fine, just some minor tweaks here and there. Followed by throwing his hands up in the air and saying he didn't recruit the player, while laughing and commenting that he's so bad at recruiting he couldn't recruit his own kid to CU.

Back