What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU @ Toledo prediction thread

I see no reason for us to lose this game.
Sincerely,
Stevie Wonder

Buffs 37
Rockets 14
Buffs O Total: 399yds

Toledo wins this one 38-24

I cannot believe that I not only just typed that, but that I believe it.:sad1:

I will, of course, be very happy to be proven wrong. But I'm just not seeing it.

Toledo 31
Buffs 17

The road woes continue. Here's something else to ponder: since starting last year 3-0, we are now 2-8 in our last ten games.

The Buffs are good for 24 points.
No idea how many Toledo is capable of scoring. My WAG is 27.

The Buffs come out in Stay Puff Marshmellow unis. Bad sign! Our D gives up huge chunks through the air and Hawkins has his now all too familiar deer in the headlights look going. Toledo 34 Buffs 10. Damn it, hope I am wrong.....

I am always a little surprised to see the high scores and high offense numbers that people predict on here.

I am not convinced that CU can score more than 17 points- on anyone. I am definitely not convinced that CU's offense can generate more than 350 yards of offense, if even that much.

Toledo 28
CU 17

I am always a little surprised to see the high scores and high offense numbers that people predict on here.

I am not convinced that CU can score more than 17 points- on anyone. I am definitely not convinced that CU's offense can generate more than 350 yards of offense, if even that much.

Toledo 28
CU 17

They beat Michigan last year, but with their coach of 10 years who retired. The new guy was the Cowboy's DC. They return 10 starters on defense, all right, but they play in the MAC where last year they lost to Florida International, Ball State and Akron amongst others.

Buffs roll.. 38 biggies, but suffer about 21 to 28 points scored against them.

Toledo 31
Buffs 17

The road woes continue. Here's something else to ponder: since starting last year 3-0, we are now 2-8 in our last ten games.

Yea I heard that other day. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere on this board, unless I missed it in one of the 2856 threads that have been opened since the game ended.

If Colorado is truly in a sort of death spiral now, irretrievably headed for W/L oblivion, then it is a morale problem, likely. And, sad to say, that's coaching, especially in a conference like the Big 12. Not that the HC necessarily needs to be changed, perhaps *he* needs to change something fundamental about the way he is doing things, I don't know.

We saw something similar at Nebraska; it's well-known what happened and it's well-known what seems to have cured it: acquiring a coach that the fan base likes, respects and is confident in because of something he's done already.

If CU is not in that dreaded situation, the death spiral, then it just could be the team is just now had enough wake up calls and is ready to roll, which is my opinion, although with a bit of reservation.

21-20 Buffs, have to come from behind to win with an Aric Goodman FG in final seconds. Goodman saves hawks ass from getting fired that night, only to be fired the following week when the Wyo faithful are seen dancing on our field after another embarassing loss at Folsom Field.

21 points with a game winning field goal? Does that mean Aric Goodman makes 7 field goals that game? Or one TD (missed PAT) with 5 FGs; two TDs (both missed PATs) with 3 FGs? lol I know, two TDs, and two safeties, and one FG. nice. :thumbsup: haha

It will be too close and very ugly. Regardless of what happens Fri, Sat. morning won't have that old fun feeling of anticipation anymore.

I can see now why Hawk kept practices so secretive and was so coy about giving any bones to the media.

The Buffs are smoke and mirrors

Buffs get behind early again and abandon the run. Fans are left to Cody heaving the ball in all directions about 50 times. He's going to start telegraphing sooner or later and if the Rockets pick him off three times or more it will be worse than what I have below

Toledo 34
Buffs 20

Close win, I think, but no friggin idea with this team. FWIW, my guess is 19-3, Buffs.

It is a really sad state of affairs when Huskers are predicting the buffs to win and hard core fans are predicting big losses.

Back