What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU @ UA

That was a horrible call by the refs sending the UA kid to the stripe for three FTs.

The whistles took over that half, and we did not respond well. Horrible officiating. And I really try not to bitch about officiating.

Loving the fire from Tad and the Buffs. Sean Miller sounds like he expects a hard fought game. I won't be surprised to see that happen. Let's play hard for 20 mins!

I'm done with Josh Fortune. 100% done. Starts the half wide open air ball, wide open brick, travel. Play the freshmen.

This game is over.

Wheels off. Let's see how Tad does getting this team refocused after this disastrous stretch. Also Walton is just bashing the crap out of the refs. Love to hear him be so honest about how bad they are

Announcers are starting to critize the refs. Going to fire an angry tweet to the P12 after this game.

Tad's style of ball needs a solid inside presence. It's a little odd that his recruiting only got him wings. You'd think that after Scott (and Gordon until Scott left) we'd have been able to grab the interest of a good big man. Any ideas why that didn't happen? Tory isn't 6'10. I'm talking 6'10 or up here.

I am so tired of Fortune turning it over and taking bad shots. Need to give his minutes to someone who will develop and contribute to next year. Ughhhh

Wish the Buffs had that fire in Salt Lake City. That was a hard fought game that was somewhat ruined by the refs. Wildcats have two good imports that were the difference.

Thoughts:

Fortune turns the ball over near the top of the key trying to cross someone up. While there is a scramble near mid court, Fortune is still standing around. Arizona grabs the ball and misses the layup, but an Arizona frontcourt player is there to clean up the mess. Meanwhile fortune is still trailing the play.

Now that's the type of non winning play I hate to see. That's the type of play you get benched for and lose your starting spot.

Anyways, I like an agressive King, Gordon, and XJ. They held us in there.

White had a bad game. Poor decisions. He has to clean it up. 5 turnovers and 7 points. Not gonna do it.

Is it me or does Dom look like he's playing on ice skates??? Once he drives he just can't stop. T.A. looks like he's out of his league. And the freshmen had no impact on the game.

I want Deleon Brown in the starting lineup. Tad needs to make some changes before it's too late.

Re: White's game, Kadeem Allen is perhaps the best perimeter defender in the Pac-12, but White was overlooked by teammates a number of times while he was wide open on the wing for a three

Totally agree with Big EZ on tightening up the rotation after this game. Was disappointed in Peters selfish play after getting that steal (which resulted in him getting blocked while GK was open for the dunk), but other than that he played solid minutes (also got robbed with that travel call on a nice take).

I love how King is getting his offense going by crashing the boards, which potentially helped out Wes' offensive game a bit last night as well.

Starters: Dom, White, GK, XJ, Wes
Rotation Players: Tory, Deleon, BP, Fortune (on a short leash)

Siewart needs another year, and TA is just getting out-gunned + no jump shot

Thoughts:

Fortune turns the ball over near the top of the key trying to cross someone up. While there is a scramble near mid court, Fortune is still standing around. Arizona grabs the ball and misses the layup, but an Arizona frontcourt player is there to clean up the mess. Meanwhile fortune is still trailing the play.

Now that's the type of non winning play I hate to see. That's the type of play you get benched for and lose your starting spot.

Anyways, I like an agressive King, Gordon, and XJ. They held us in there.

White had a bad game. Poor decisions. He has to clean it up. 5 turnovers and 7 points. Not gonna do it.

Is it me or does Dom look like he's playing on ice skates??? Once he drives he just can't stop. T.A. looks like he's out of his league. And the freshmen had no impact on the game.

I want Deleon Brown in the starting lineup. Tad needs to make some changes before it's too late.
Isn't Brown freshman too. You said freshman had no impact. Bryce was good on defense but needs to knock down open jumpers.

For offensive balance. At least 2 of this group need to be on floor at all times.
King
XJ
White

They can score and open up opportunities for others.
Top team have multiple scorers on the floor. Ucla will play their score core multiple minutes (30+)

just finished the game. about what I expected. I still see a path to 10-8 in Pac play with a 4 seed in the tourney. Let's regroup and beat the Bruins this Thursday!

It's always somewhat boggled my mind how deep Tad goes into his bench. What I love about Sean Miller, is how tight his 8-man rotation is (this year it's out of necessity).

I know Tad loves these guys, and they work hard, but what's the point in giving one of our guards single digit minutes when the sub outs usually kill momentum? It's time to give Bryce and Deleon big boy minutes to build for the future/pac-12 tourney.

just finished the game. about what I expected. I still see a path to 10-8 in Pac play with a 4 seed in the tourney. Let's regroup and beat the Bruins this Thursday!

Theoretically of course, we could have a winning P12 record, based on team potential. We'd need to go 10-5 in the remaining games. Been good effort and some reasonably smart bball the last couple games - big question is whether that team can show up for ten more games.

It's always somewhat boggled my mind how deep Tad goes into his bench. What I love about Sean Miller, is how tight his 8-man rotation is (this year it's out of necessity).

I know Tad loves these guys, and they work hard, but what's the point in giving one of our guards single digit minutes when the sub outs usually kill momentum? It's time to give Bryce and Deleon big boy minutes to build for the future/pac-12 tourney.
Same with Ucla. Not all players get minutes on Az Ucla Utah ASU Oregon.

Back