What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs. Cal - Oct 15th Pregame Thread

Can I say: at least we scored? AND we seem to have a defensive scheme.
And FFS energy!!!!!!!!! KD must’ve been the most amazing negative energy vacumsucking tool I’ve ever witnessed. In the end, may not matter…but I love the grit, energy of our team

conan obrien GIF by Team Coco

Can I say: at least we scored? AND we seem to have a defensive scheme.
And FFS energy!!!!!!!!! KD must’ve been the most amazing negative energy vacumsucking tool I’ve ever witnessed. In the end, may not matter…but I love the grit, energy of our team
Too early to start celebrating moral victories. This is a winnable game

So I guess you can juggle the ball as you go out of the end zone and it is a TOUCHDOWN....who knew?

This is a let's win kind of game, so honestly with McCown looking a little beat up and not as sharp as normal, it would be fine to try Shrout for a series cause this is not the long game, this is the now game

It very much IS about the QB. I think McCown has looked decent, but kinda scratching my head at posters gushing over him. He might be pretty good in time, but he hasn't
He plays like a true freshman who has some tools, but ultimately, he is very limited at this point in time. The new coaches first priority coming in is to get a QB who can make a difference

It very much IS about the QB. I think McCown has looked decent, but kinda scratching my head at posters gushing over him. He might be pretty good in time, but he hasn't shown enough to say he legit IMO.
He shows promise…actually a lot of promise…in perspective of his age, protection, targets ability, scheme, coaching mayhem…I think he’s handling quite well

It very much IS about the QB. I think McCown has looked decent, but kinda scratching my head at posters gushing over him. He might be pretty good in time, but he hasn't shown enough to say he legit IMO.
Not gushing over him, and wasn't gushing over him a few weeks ago.

With this offense don't think many 4* guys would look good. Might look better than McCown but still wouldn't be the "solution."

Reality is that with the state of the program finding even a 4* or high 3* who would come in here is not likely.

This team needs to fix some other things starting with the OL. How many guys do we have on the OL who would even be on the 2 deep for more than 2-3 other PAC 12 teams? Few if any. That impacts our QBs and our RBs.

Lot of other areas to fix as well but pretending like plugging in some other QB would fix our issues is ridiculous. This isn't a video game.

None of this is to say that McCown is a great or even good QB right now but he also isn't the problem.

Not gushing over him, and wasn't gushing over him a few weeks ago.

With this offense don't think many 4* guys would look good. Might look better than McCown but still wouldn't be the "solution."

Reality is that with the state of the program finding even a 4* or high 3* who would come in here is not likely.

This team needs to fix some other things starting with the OL. How many guys do we have on the OL who would even be on the 2 deep for more than 2-3 other PAC 12 teams? Few if any. That impacts our QBs and our RBs.

Lot of other areas to fix as well but pretending like plugging in some other QB would fix our issues is ridiculous. This isn't a video game.

None of this is to say that McCown is a great or even good QB right now but he also isn't the problem.

Walk and chew gum at the same time. Not rocket science, Mtn. Thanks for the dissertation though.

Back