What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU @ Washington

UW is running the defensive scheme we haven't been able to solve in 2 years. I believe that it's referred to in coaching circles as the "Base - I fvcking dare you to to try to complete a pass downfield" set.

Sitting here watching PacXII network, cursing my malamute, as I'm sure he's secretly rooting for YouDub. In a cruel twist of fate, my malamute is red and white. (Well, more of an auburn, but still...)
Also, I like that the graphic explaining CU's 3-3-5 defense on the TV says "Make it feel like 12 defenders". Sure.

Sitting here watching PacXII network, cursing my malamute, as I'm sure he's secretly rooting for YouDub. In a cruel twist of fate, my malamute is red and white. (Well, more of an auburn, but still...)
Also, I like that the graphic explaining CU's 3-3-5 defense on the TV says "Make it feel like 12 defenders". Sure.
Please leave your dog out of this. I was tempted to blame my long deceased Airedale Rufus for this loss, but upon reflection I see there are other factors involved.

Sanford mic'd up trying to rally the team? The team seemed half-hearted in response.
In that aspect I actually think he has done a good job.

He has tried to keep players engaged and I've seen more emotion and effort out of the team.

These guys aren't stupid though. They know they are 1-9 and they know that has a lot to do with lack of talent on the roster.

The actual coaching, play calling, preparation elements look like they are still amateur hour with busted plays and senseless late calls but after KD that is hard to get together in season as well.

Back