What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU WBB Rankings/NET/Bracketology Catch-All

The last Pac 12 basketball season is going to be so much fun to watch. More so if we keep wining.

Yes! More wining!

Drunk Happy Hour GIF

Still a 2 seed un Charlie Creme's bracketology. It's going to be a ride the entire season.

He also wrote this about the Pac

The strength of the Pac-12 might be a blessing and a curse. Both sides were on display last weekend. USC lost a competitive game at UCLA, but the loss didn't hurt the Trojans' No. 2 seed because it was to one of the two best teams in the country and USC was previously unbeaten. A loss didn't work as well for Utah. After falling at Colorado, the Utes drop to a No. 4 seed. Their loss was also to a top-10 team on the road, but it was Utah's third such loss this season. This is now life in the Pac-12. Instead of beating the rest of the country, the top teams in the Pac-12 must play each other. The conference's schedule features seven top-10 matchups in the next month. No league will have as much influence on the top seeds as the Pac-12.

The strength of the Pac-12 might be a blessing and a curse. Both sides were on display last weekend. USC lost a competitive game at UCLA, but the loss didn't hurt the Trojans' No. 2 seed because it was to one of the two best teams in the country and USC was previously unbeaten. A loss didn't work as well for Utah. After falling at Colorado, the Utes drop to a No. 4 seed. Their loss was also to a top-10 team on the road, but it was Utah's third such loss this season. This is now life in the Pac-12. Instead of beating the rest of the country, the top teams in the Pac-12 must play each other. The conference's schedule features seven top-10 matchups in the next month. No league will have as much influence on the top seeds as the Pac-12.
As long as the top teams hold serve at home and perform as expected against the field, i expect the last 1 seed will end up going to whomever is the last team standing in Vegas.

I noticed that Stanford only plays the LA schools at home this year.....

Marlonwayans GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

That seems very significant for the conference title race. It probably helps our NET? But makes it significantly harder to win the regular season title.

Charlie Creme's bracketology Despite this week's ranking, he still has the Buffs as a 2 seed.

Head-to-head isn't more or less important than any of the other 13 criteria the selection committee uses to evaluate teams. However, when other factors are equal or essentially equal, head-to-head must be applied. The committee has been consistent about this over the past few seasons. That's why NC State, not Colorado, is the final No. 1 seed. The resumes are virtually identical, and the Wolfpack blitzed the Buffaloes on a neutral court in late November. Yes, Colorado had a big weekend and NC State was idle, but it's an evaluation of the resume, not a three-day snapshot.

Just win, the rest will take care of itself, no need to worry about others
Absolutely - No need to worry about NCSU or any other opponents as long as they keep winning conference games. Pac 12 has 6 teams - not including CU - in the top 25 of the NET rankings.

BTW, CU's current NET is 15.

Doesn't look to me like Clark initiated contact. Fans are not supposed to be on the court and schools should ensure a safe exit from the court for their opponent. Ohio State didn't do it.

Caitlin Clark is the best women's collegiate basketball player today. The opposing teams athletic departments love her. She is selling out their arenas and little girls are wearing Caitlin Clark jerseys and sitting next to parents wearing the home team shirts.

It's had to be so much better than any other player.

Fan behavior is absurd. A disgruntled Iowa fan DM'd the post player for Iowa and said she shouldn't be on the team and to give up her scholarship for someone who can play the post. She has deleted social media accounts.

The fans making a big to do about the fan on the court and blaming Clark need to grow up. A fan of a team who just lost should not be abusing a player who did not have a good game by telling them to give up their scholarship.

It has to be hard being Caitlin Clark this season. She has to be the team as they do not have the inside game they had the previous 3 seasons. If she doesn't do it, it doesn't happen.

For people who say she is a ball hot, she is #1 in assists in the Big 1G

I figured there was no way they'd drop Iowa below us, even thought they might have k-st jump us. This is AWESOME.

Our next opponent, Oregon State, moved into the poll at #25. That's 4 ranked teams in a row for the Buffs.

Whoever wins the PAC is probably going to get a 1 seed. Good thing we don't have to play at Stanford this season. Take care of business, and the trip to LA at the end of February probably decides the conference champ/1 seed. I'm really proud of this team! Go BUFFS!!!

Edit: Re: Caitlin Clark- She isn't the first player to get bumped by a court-storming fan, and she won't be the last. Schools need to do a better job of positioning away teams/student sections/exits, and players need to be aware of their surroundings. It was an accident. The media needs to chill with this non-story.

Last edited:
Doesn't look to me like Clark initiated contact. Fans are not supposed to be on the court and schools should ensure a safe exit from the court for their opponent. Ohio State didn't do it.
There is probably a safety concern about fans rushing the court.

But I don't see how you can say that Caitlin didn't initiate contact and then dramatically flop.

And the video feels completely misaligned with these remarks from Clark in this AP article:

“I was just trying to exit the court as quickly as possible, so I started running and I was absolutely just hammered by somebody trying to run onto the court,” Clark said after the 100-92 overtime loss. “Basically blindsided and, you know, kind of scary, could have caused a pretty serious injury to me and knocked the wind out of me. But luckily my teammates kind of picked me up and got me off the court. Their AD already came and apologized to me, so I really appreciate that.”

There is probably a safety concern about fans rushing the court.

But I don't see how you can say that Caitlin didn't initiate contact and then dramatically flop.

And the video feels completely misaligned with these remarks from Clark in this AP article:
Yep.

1. Fan running onto court creates a potentially dangerous situation.

2. They may not have seen each other until the last second.

3. Clark definitely initiated the contact, made it more severe, flopped, feigned injury (even grabbing the wrong arm), and then spun a story that was loosely based on the truth.

I respect her talent, competitiveness and clutch gene. I also think she's a spoiled brat who is completely full of sh!t.

Back