What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dan Hawkins fired in Montreal

I can't believe they hired his ass in the first place, dude is a fake. He might be the worst coach of all time, he had that lost look on his face in the game I watched. Damn that was familiar.

Guess getting a few things cleaned up was harder than he thought. Obviously forgot to get his horns out,......... 5 games, 5 freakin games and he's gone, makes us look BRILLIANT !

So is the coaching equivalent of "The Peter Principle" now going to be called "The Danny Principle?"

Did Dan Hawkins lose at Colorado because nobody can win at Colorado or because he was a below average coach? I think this rapid dismissal from the CFL settles that debate.

Did Dan Hawkins lose at Colorado because nobody can win at Colorado or because he was a below average coach? I think this rapid dismissal from the CFL settles that debate.

Hawk is a goober. That being said, Boise football is a lot like Gonzaga basketball (I've used this analogy in the past) in the sense that the program is going to be good regardless of who runs it. Hawkins thought he could re-create that here, and probably thought the same thing about the Alouettes, even though he stepped into what was a fairly cushy situation from what I know. Dude needs to go back to broadcasting games on ESPNU and stay there.

Is anybody surprised? The only thing that surprises me is that the Montreal Alouette front office is apparently about 5X more astute than the Mike Bohn led AD.....

hawkins gets the last laugh again-- he's getting paid for not working. again. and, for being one of the biggest frauds ever to disgrace the sidelines of a major football program.

i'm just glad he got exposed quickly. THIS time, i mean it: he'll never coach major ball as a hc again. ... not even canadian football, which one can argue whether it counts as "major."

Hawk is a goober. That being said, Boise football is a lot like Gonzaga basketball (I've used this analogy in the past) in the sense that the program is going to be good regardless of who runs it. Hawkins thought he could re-create that here, and probably thought the same thing about the Alouettes, even though he stepped into what was a fairly cushy situation from what I know. Dude needs to go back to broadcasting games on some station in a market where I don't have to listen and stay there.

fify.

Is anybody surprised? The only thing that surprises me is that the Montreal Alouette front office is apparently about 5X more astute than the Mike Bohn led AD.....

Dan Hawkins. In his eyes he is the best football coach in the world.

Bohn got a pass for the initial hire. Hawkins was fired in Montreal, in part, because of his flippant "holier than thou" smugness. That same characteristic came through immediately when he came to Boulder. This is who he is and always was. Did Bohn not vet this guy enough?

Except they hired him after he had failed miserably here. Well, miserably by any standard not including Water Bottle.

Bohn got a pass for the initial hire. Hawkins was fired in Montreal, in part, because of his flippant "holier than thou" smugness. That same characteristic came through immediately when he came to Boulder. This is who he is and always was. Did Bohn not vet this guy enough?

I don't know any french canadians, but if there similarity to the french, then this statement is absolutely astounding to me. It is actually quite an achievement on his part, imo.

I don't know any french canadians, but if there similarity to the french, then this statement is absolutely astounding to me. It is actually quite an achievement on his part, imo.

:rofl: :rofl:

hawkins out-frenched the frenchies on arrogance/smugness/aloofness ???

i love that.

I personally don't understand the hatred for this man. I understand he was a little arrogant. I understand that he didn't do well at CU. I understand that he was here a year or two too long (not his fault). I understand that some of his decisions were controversial and hurt CU.

What I don't understand is everyone rooting for him to fail in life after CU. I wish the man had done better by CU too. I was very happy that Bohn finally fired him so we could move on but I have no problem with him succeeding at whatever else he tries to do in life. I certainly don't root for the guy to continually fail. I know if Hawkins did succeed in Montreal, I would have wondered why couldn't he have done that at CU but I wouldn't have been mad at him.

Don't get me wrong, I am not judging anyone here. This is America (dammit) and everyone is entitled to their opinions. I just don't understand, why so much hatred?

I personally don't understand the hatred for this man. I understand he was a little arrogant. I understand that he didn't do well at CU. I understand that he was here a year or two too long (not his fault). I understand that some of his decisions were controversial and hurt CU.

What I don't understand is everyone rooting for him to fail in life after CU. I wish the man had done better by CU too. I was very happy that Bohn finally fired him so we could move on but I have no problem with him succeeding at whatever else he tries to do in life. I certainly don't root for the guy to continually fail. I know if Hawkins did succeed in Montreal, I would have wondered why couldn't he have done that at CU but I wouldn't have been mad at him.

Don't get me wrong, I am not judging anyone here. This is America (dammit) and everyone is entitled to their opinions. I just don't understand, why so much hatred?
I can't speak for everyone else, but I do not hate Dan Hawkins. I mock Dan Hawkins. When one dwells at the intersection of arrogance and ignorance, it is easy to see how one can be the object of disdain. It has been said before but ridicule is reserved for the ridiculous. Dan Hawkins was a ridiculous coach while at CU. I don't wish him ill, but at the same time I am in no way surprised when he fouls his own mess kit, all the while proclaiming his expertise.

I don't hate him nor do I wish him failure but on the other hand I do not wish him luck either. I believe he damaged CU football by serving his own self interest instead of doing what was best for the team.

His failure in the CFL makes me feel more secure in my belief that our "Hawkins Problem" was absolutely legit and the claims it was a "CU Problem" have lost credibility.

https://twitter.com/CoachHawk

He has a great picture of him running with the bulls:lol:

AxrngIICEAE0nom.jpg:large

Last edited:
My goodness. The man is the master of the cliché. He should go write greeting cards or something.

Back