What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

David Bakhtiari Declaring for NFL Draft

Do not understand all the hate. He's a Buff that wants his shot in the NFL and a few of you want to take lame pot shots calling him "soft". Is it too hard to just say "good luck" and move on?

Not sure it is a Pot Shot to call him soft. I think that is an evaluation. I know we all hope the best for him. I hope he does well at the combine and reaches that 2nd or 3rd round draft grade that is questioned on here.

Do not understand all the hate. He's a Buff that wants his shot in the NFL and a few of you want to take lame pot shots calling him "soft". Is it too hard to just say "good luck" and move on?

Apparently.

I can see his reasoning for coming out. If he came back he would be coming into a new system with a new OL coach and new techniques. He isn't likely to improve his stock much by staying and potentially could damage it not to mention the chance of blowing a knee or something similar.

His initial evaluations may put him as a second day kind of guy. He is a technically good OL. I can also see him dropping as a result of the combine as teams fall in love the guys who are more athletic and have the more classic NFL bodies.

NFL teams are going to love his athleticism. Think Chris Myers of the Texans.

NFL teams are going to love his athleticism. Think Chris Myers of the Texans.

He's going to be one of those love/hate guys. The teams that like small more athletic linemen will be very interested, especially with his intelligence. The teams like big bruising types will have no interest. He isn't going to turn into one of those 330lb guys who runs over you but he could very easily be one of those guys who can play 3-4 different positions before locking down a spot where nobody notices him unless he is hurt and out of the lineup.

Not sure it is a Pot Shot to call him soft. I think that is an evaluation. I know we all hope the best for him. I hope he does well at the combine and reaches that 2nd or 3rd round draft grade that is questioned on here.

I do not believe the average fan or even the well-meaning fan-attics here really have any expertise regarding line play. It is highly technical and almost a martial art. The other difficulty that fans have in evaluating individual talent on the o- line is that success is very collective. One missed assignment or weak effort can make the whole line appear to be suspect. Just ask Ryan Miller or Nate Solder.

He's going to be one of those love/hate guys. The teams that like small more athletic linemen will be very interested, especially with his intelligence. The teams like big bruising types will have no interest. He isn't going to turn into one of those 330lb guys who runs over you but he could very easily be one of those guys who can play 3-4 different positions before locking down a spot where nobody notices him unless he is hurt and out of the lineup.

So a Zane Beadles perhaps?

So a Zane Beadles perhaps?

Might be that kind of guy. Beadles doesn't get much notice even in Denver but has made himself a nice career so far. I certainly don't see Bak becoming a star but getting a few years as a starter in the league isn't a bad deal.

People also tend to talk every year about how Beadles isn't strong enough, doesn't dominate at the point of attack, etc. etc. Then when things start for real he is back out there lining up again.

Reading comp very weak! Since when is posting an opinion a "pot shot"? If you disagree with my opinion tell me why. You'll note I wished him good luck, even with my observation.

Back