What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Davis Webb transfers to Cal, spurns CU

If he is what it appears, I don't why would we'd want him anyway. He'd be an upgrade probably but he bitched out. You want someone like that playing along side of you?

**** Webb, I'm over it. He handled it like a punk pure and simple.

Be logical.

Webb wants to play in the nfl.
He has an opportunity to play for cal.
Last month the cal QB was picked freaking number one and is set financially for life.
He already knows the cal offense.

What kind of moron would stick with CU if they were in his shoes.
Be realistic.
The dude didn't have a cal offer when he committed to cu.

Be logical.

Webb wants to play in the nfl.
He has an opportunity to play for cal.
Last month the cal QB was picked freaking number one and is set financially for life.
He already knows the cal offense.

What kind of moron would stick with CU if they were in his shoes.
Be realistic.
The dude didn't have a cal offer when he committed to cu.
He's not being attacked for the decision, so much as how he handled it.

He's not being attacked for the decision, so much as how he handled it.

He got an offer, maybe you could call it a dream scenario for him given where the last Cal QB was just drafted in a system that he knows well. He called the coaches. Expressed gratitude, etc. What would he have done differently given the way the timing worked?

You go to college for your own best interests. Everyone does. A financial understanding to play football is not some kind of sacred commitment. He's not a NAVY seal heading to the Hundu Kush with his brothers he's trained with and blead with for years.

He got an offer, maybe you could call it a dream scenario for him given where the last Cal QB was just drafted in a system that he knows well. He called the coaches. Expressed gratitude, etc. What would he have done differently given the way the timing worked?

You go to college for your own best interests. Everyone does. A financial understanding to play football is not some kind of sacred commitment. He's not a NAVY seal heading to the Hundu Kush with his brothers he's trained with and blead with for years.
But he could have been more forthright with the institution that invested in him. Hell, he could have even sacrificed for them, which would have been indicative of some real character.

You and I view the world very differently, by the way.

Whatever man, Orr said everything I would've already. As far as the NFL, I'm quite sure they saw how it went down. He will be asked about it, bank on it. Teams will pass on him because of it.

But he could have been more forthright with the institution that invested in him. Hell, he could have even sacrificed for them, which would have been indicative of some real character.

You are not a track fan?

Whatever man, Orr said everything I would've already. As far as the NFL, I'm quite sure they saw how it went down. He will be asked about it, bank on it. Teams will pass on him because of it.
I'd be very surprised if I said everything that you would have.

No they won't.

Because he decided to not come here, I'm glad he's not coming. Wouldn't want somebody that wasn't secure and trustworthy in his decision making, especially at QB.

1. He didn't have an offer from Cal until he did. What is he supposed to say?

2. You are kidding yourself if you think you are any different. If you accept a job offer and then before you start someone else offers you five or ten times what you would be making with the original offer, then you and everyone else take the second offer.

3. College is for the students, not the school. Real character is working to be the best you can be.

4. In the real world, changing course and making adjustments to achieve success in dynamic situations is what you do. Questioning someone's character for making good decisions is...well....questionable.

5. I'm not sure you fully understand when a commitment is a Commitment. Marriage is a commitment. Parenting is a commitment. Tacos for lunch is a choice.

Back